engagement /marriage thread.

Photos are a must for a proposal. If you can get someone to get video of it too, that would be nice to have unless she says no.
So if I don't do EITHER, I am scum?

I just hate taking pictures because you have to STOP, think about it, Pose. It just takes away from the MOMENT (to me)

I set up my iphone video and a gopro video to get a couple different angles of my proposal. Gopro failed. Thank god iphone came through just how I wanted it to.

We used vistaprint for our invitations. Much less expensive than the other online joints we looked at, but still look nice.

So if I don't do EITHER, I am scum?

I just hate taking pictures because you have to STOP, think about it, Pose. It just takes away from the MOMENT (to me)

If you’re not sentimental then you don’t need pics or video. Most people hire photographers or have friends and family capture the moment.

If you’re not sentimental then you don’t need pics or video. Most people hire photographers or have friends and family capture the moment.
Just makes the whole intimacy of the moment seemed staged. (Which we all understand it is).

I get it though

Yea, WE can be fine without but I am sure her friends/family will always be like, "Why didn't you record it."
But if you're proposing, you should have the power to tell people the rules and guidelines of what happens while you propose.

I mean, at least I gave our friends/family specific guidelines on what they can and cannot do.

Question.

All seriousness.

"Can" you propose to a girl in 2018 and it NOT be recorded?

It seems like everyone records the proposals in 2018

I didn't record ****. I like to keep some things intimate and private. Not to knock those who do record because I do like how some people record their proposals. It just wasn't for us.

why are photos and videos a must? why do you care what some random family members will say?
i know plenty of couples who didn't record it and some did. but them telling the story to our friends is just as cool

Having your girls pick out the ring doesn't take out the surprise factor of the actual proposal and look of the ring since she already has a heads up?

Having your girls pick out the ring doesn't take out the surprise factor of the actual proposal and look of the ring since she already has a heads up?

No, not if it's something that she's going to show off and wear forever. These are things that women fantasize and dream about so it should be right the first time and well communicated. You lose the surprise factor when you tell her when you've purchased it and/or give an exact date for her to expect it.

i point blank asked my wife what type of engagement ring she would like and then took my time getting the ring. i thought she would have forgotten all about it because we didn't discuss it after that. many, many months later, we got dressed up and went for a nice dinner. we walked because it was close. i proposed on the way. i think she still knew because i busted out a fancy pair of af1s :lol:
we're not the type to have everything filmed and documented and i'm glad nobody took a video of me proposing because i stuttered and got a little flustered and i never was like that with her before. my wife was touched because of it though and told me to get up off my knee and the answer was yes. the whole time we were eating i would catch her looking at her ring. it was a wonderful evening.

Just a rule of thumb, if you ever plan on getting married ever.

Start putting away money now. Expect to spend 10k. Cause that’s how much those stupid rings cost.

Price is subjective. But I’m saying. Expect to spend 10k Ballpark. I wish someone told me that long ago.

Me and my girl went ring shopping one day and we were both naive to what it would cost.

Last edited:
i point blank asked my wife what type of engagement ring she would like and then took my time getting the ring. i thought she would have forgotten all about it because we didn't discuss it after that. many, many months later, we got dressed up and went for a nice dinner. we walked because it was close. i proposed on the way. i think she still knew because i busted out a fancy pair of af1s :lol:
we're not the type to have everything filmed and documented and i'm glad nobody took a video of me proposing because i stuttered and got a little flustered and i never was like that with her before. my wife was touched because of it though and told me to get up off my knee and the answer was yes. the whole time we were eating i would catch her looking at her ring. it was a wonderful evening.

For some reason this line bought back memories for me. :lol:

My fiance was the same way about a certain jacket that I own.

ill say this...the wedding day goes by so damn fast. its crazy.

take time to yourself that day just to take it all in.

i found myself near the bar solo...just amazed how that day went.

then i went back to drinking...couple hours later i was awaken outta my deep sleep to catch a flight for the honeymoon. such a dope *** day.

Last edited:
10k is ballpark? i dunno man. there is such an huge range of prices that there's basically no average price i would think. i spent a little more than that and rather than save money up for the ring, i sold off a pile of shoes. lady that got the ring for me owns a wedding attire store and she wears a big 3 ct diamond that must have cost a good amount and she was showing me a ring that she was getting for a family member that cost $800. people should only buy what they're comfortable with and not try to compete or compare with others.

$10K ?!? sheesh

I spent half that at JamesAllen.com - highly recommend them. Also highly recommend you research what you can/can't get away with in regards to the 4 c's. For example, mine was on a rose gold ring, so color wise, I could go down to a I/J/K and you can't tell the difference. The same size can be 2x as much just because graded a diff color. It can be overwhelming tho cause so many stones on there :lol:

Just a rule of thumb, if you ever plan on getting married ever.

Start putting away money now. Expect to spend 10k. Cause that’s how much those stupid rings cost.

Price is subjective. But I’m saying. Expect to spend 10k Ballpark. I wish someone told me that long ago.

Me and my girl went ring shopping one day and we were both naive to what it would cost.

With all due respect because I may be a broke boy and such but chill with that 10k business lol. Spending that much on a ring is old news. I spend a quarter of that for a high quality diamond and my fiance and every woman that sees the ring is over the moon about it.

I just had to talk my home boy off the ledge for trying to spend that much when he didnt have to.

My advice is to find out what she wants and do whats in your budget. No need to be spending house down payments on a ring. You gonna feel dope fiend sick if she loses that ring or it gets stolen. It cost so much that it cant easily be replaced.

jamesallen and blue nile are the way to go but do tons of research on the value of a diamond first.

Also, If you are bored or curious and want to get into the minds of women pre-engage, engage, recently married or just sad women check out the message board below.

https://boards.weddingbee.com/

They talk about damn near everything from a woman's perspective. The messageboard is like a sad but informative comedy(lipstickally) on marriage.

Also, If you are bored or curious and want to get into the minds of women pre-engage, engage, recently married or just sad women check out the message board below.

https://boards.weddingbee.com/

They talk about damn near everything from a woman's perspective. The messageboard is like a sad but informative comedy(lipstickally) on marriage.

I'm crying at the topics:
- Copycat wedding
- Could I be pregnant???
- He says I'm a gold digger
- Will boyfriend's habits be worse after marriage?

:rofl:

I proposed to my GF in Paris last September.

I looked online for Photographers, and I found a 2 hour deal for 350 Euros which was a bargain. Every other spot I looked at was at least 500 euros for 30 minutes.

I'm really glad I did it, the photographer met me at pre-picked location and was there when I popped the question. My GF was crying, and couldn't believe what just had happened.

It was worth every penny. Got about 100 photos at the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, and the Arch.

$10k for a ring? :lol:

I don't know anyone who spent more than $5k for their spouses's ring... But then again everyone I know doesn't drive M3's

Also if you NEED a video/camera crew for a proposal you'll be divorced in 3 years.

Going back a few pages in this thread and other engagement threads, several people here have spent $10K on a ring. Some can afford it, some can't. Work with what you have. I definitely couldn't but that doesn't mean that others couldn't or shouldn't.

My wedding ended up being around 45

Her ring around 3...her joint fly and simple.

I’m lowkey still on a high from how dope and fun my **** was...we had 260. Live band, DJ, top shelf open bar, and great food. The spot was so dope.

All great energy.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in doing a Proposal in Europe, I HIGHLY recommend this company. I was super satisfied with the results.

https://www.en.everphotoshoot.com/

I'll share my pic for reference.

GIHA1709070895-TOURWW2H-EVER-0034.jpg 9UTqVG1tR4Oh38CM-croppedin4Bo-jpg.jpg

I didn't record ****. I like to keep some things intimate and private. Not to knock those who do record because I do like how some people record their proposals. It just wasn't for us.

why are photos and videos a must? why do you care what some random family members will say?
i know plenty of couples who didn't record it and some did. but them telling the story to our friends is just as cool

This is how I feel man, especially in 2018 where it seems like everything HAS to be on broadcast tv (Or it didn't happen)

Back
Top Bottom