engagement /marriage thread.

$100 a plate is completely reasonable if you aren’t that close to be standing in the wedding.

What do you give per plate on average?

We did it

527570A0-117B-4BC7-B132-7DAC753762D9.jpeg

Congrats!

Just picked up my girl’s ring. Proposing when we go to South America later this year. Will meet with her parents right before we leave. Any tips for that convo?

Congrats!

Just picked up my girl’s ring. Proposing when we go to South America later this year. Will meet with her parents right before we leave. Any tips for that convo?

Ask for their blessing and let them know your intentions/plans. It was a little awkward when I did it even though I knew her dad for 8 years

So I’ll post a few things I learned about destination weddings, specifically punta Cana

- DONOT get married at a resort, your money won’t go as far you’d like to think, look into these offsite venues, The Huracan, Jellyfish, kukua...each one had their own planner, 25k can get you something pretty amazing, I know the Huracans planner personally so if you interested I can patch you through
- don’t skimp on your photography, i May be biased as Im a wedding photographer...but this is one of the most important vendors of a wedding.
-DONT concern yourself with friends and family that will give you a hard time over this, those who care will show up and trust me, ya will have the time of your lives.
-if you are in Punta Cana, stay in Bavaro and venture out, it’s a dope little town.

Wedding I shot at The Huracan

So the resort thing is no good? That’s what she was looking at. But i don’t know anything about it at all. I just wanted to be on the beach by the water

So the resort thing is no good? That’s what she was looking at. But i don’t know anything about it at all. I just wanted to be on the beach by the water
Is there anywhere local you could do this? Or do you need to go International?

Which state are you in?

So I’ll post a few things I learned about destination weddings, specifically punta Cana

- DONOT get married at a resort, your money won’t go as far you’d like to think, look into these offsite venues, The Huracan, Jellyfish, kukua...each one had their own planner, 25k can get you something pretty amazing, I know the Huracans planner personally so if you interested I can patch you through
- don’t skimp on your photography, i May be biased as Im a wedding photographer...but this is one of the most important vendors of a wedding.
-DONT concern yourself with friends and family that will give you a hard time over this, those who care will show up and trust me, ya will have the time of your lives.
-if you are in Punta Cana, stay in Bavaro and venture out, it’s a dope little town.

Steezy has very valid points. We hired a photographer and videographer and it was WELL worth it.

Also, don't take anyone's advice except you and your spouses. When we set our destination, people were calling and saying "i'd prefer something all-inclusive"

When it came down to it, if they really wanted to be there they will find a way. Give people enough time to plan and save however...i.e. at least 10-12 months depending on where they need to travel from. East coast vs west coast

International or in the states... here is the gem we got married at... probably the only black couple. lol

We were the first ones to have our wedding there and it was amazing. You basically get a private beach and beach house for the duration.

Hire a wedding planner even if it is the day of. There will be everything under the sun that could go wrong that will come up. Don't put the stress on you and the wife.

Is there anywhere local you could do this? Or do you need to go International?

Which state are you in?

It really depends on how personal you want your wedding, if you really don’t care much and just want a party and the convenience of walking out your room into the beach or poolside of a resort and then never leave the place, then yeah, a resort will be good enough, however they treat weddings like a marathon, you’ll see they have 3-5 a day depending on the resort and they are very strict with timelines and won’t give a damn to ruin your **** if you happen to run behind even 15 minutes....

now if you a little more adventurous and this Im speaking exclusively of Punta Cana, you can do offsite in one of the 3 places I mentioned, google them, have a REAL wedding planner, my homegirl from Huracan is AMAZING, not be tied down to resort exclusive video/photo, have a far more intimate and personal affair, where the planner will work with your vision and budget and set up shuttle service to and from the resort for all your guests....more lenient with timelines, etc....so yeah in my many years of experience in PC I’d recommend going outside the resort, if you serious shoot me a dm, we can exchange numbers and I can give you a legit rundown and contacts and ::shameless plug:: if ya like my work, we can also discuss the photography part since I have experience working on the island.

now if you going international i shot this in Florence in a dope *** venue overlooking the Duomo in the distance, joint was a dreaaam

Imma do my homework and talk to her and report back

Didn’t even know this was a thread. Got my girls ring in this week. Hoping to propose before vday, maybe after just not on.

I am hoping she likes the idea of a destination wedding. I really have no desire to plan something stateside and invite a ton of people. An ideal wedding for me is My girl, my son and having a small private ceremony, but it’s her day and I want to respect that. I never cared about weddings before now sis I should probably let her take the lead on this.

Any NTfam got a wedding coming up ?

I'm getting married next month and don't know how much this coronavirus is going to affect the day for travel or refunds or what not.

Any NTfam got a wedding coming up ?

I'm getting married next month and don't know how much this coronavirus is going to affect the day for travel or refunds or what not.

I’m in the same boat. Ours isn’t til July 25th. Luckily all we’ve paid is the deposit. I’m not anticipating canceling our wedding just yet but I will admit those whole coronavirus has me a bit worried. Especially since my girls family is coming from japan and I have family supposed to be coming from Italy.

Back
Top Bottom