Engagement rings - - - DOes and DON'Ts, advice and recommendations

Bought a loose, graded diamond. Had it set in white gold, .75K ring. Valued at $8,500, paid $4750 cash.

The wedding band is similar to the engagement ring, just small, ungraded rocks. $1,800. The band doesn't need to have flawless diamonds. They'll shine anyway.

My wedding band was $200. Tungsten Carbide. I hate rings, so I just picked up something dull silver and plain.

So for an engagement ring and 2 wedding bands, I paid $7,000 cash. Only make around 35K a year. Buy what you can afford.

Bought a loose, graded diamond. Had it set in white gold, .75K ring. Valued at $8,500, paid $4750 cash.

The wedding band is similar to the engagement ring, just small, ungraded rocks. $1,800. The band doesn't need to have flawless diamonds. They'll shine anyway.

My wedding band was $200. Tungsten Carbide. I hate rings, so I just picked up something dull silver and plain.

So for an engagement ring and 2 wedding bands, I paid $7,000 cash. Only make around 35K a year. Buy what you can afford.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

is there a return policy on rings?
laugh.gif

im always scared ill get one she doesnt like. and i dont wanna ruin the surprise by asking her what she wants
Some places offer only store credit. I was like this but then figured don't get the ring she picks out but ask her what kind she likes.
Find out what looks on her finger. (fat fingers vs skinny fingers = skinny band/thick bad)

Get a idea...

laugh.gif

im always scared ill get one she doesnt like. and i dont wanna ruin the surprise by asking her what she wants
Some places offer only store credit. I was like this but then figured don't get the ring she picks out but ask her what kind she likes.
Find out what looks on her finger. (fat fingers vs skinny fingers = skinny band/thick bad)

Get a idea...

Originally Posted by JBug88

To be completely honest, my wife picked her own ring out.
I bought it and kept it. She wasn't allowed to wear it. Hell, I hid it from her, so she couldn't sneak a peek or wear it around.
It's not like it was a secret that we were getting married.
laugh.gif

It wasn't the surprise of me actually proposing, it was the fact of when and where I was going to do it..
Single stone, platinum band, about a carat. very plain, but it's exactly what she wanted.

-J-
Same here

Dont spend more than 5K for a ring SERIOUSLY................if you see a chick out there with an enormous rock, chances are its CZ. If you want a nice wedding all your money WILL go to that. Mind you women are clumsly as hell, you dont wanna put down 10k on a diamond only to have the dummy lose it or something.

Originally Posted by JBug88

To be completely honest, my wife picked her own ring out.
I bought it and kept it. She wasn't allowed to wear it. Hell, I hid it from her, so she couldn't sneak a peek or wear it around.
It's not like it was a secret that we were getting married.
laugh.gif

It wasn't the surprise of me actually proposing, it was the fact of when and where I was going to do it..
Single stone, platinum band, about a carat. very plain, but it's exactly what she wanted.

-J-
Same here

Dont spend more than 5K for a ring SERIOUSLY................if you see a chick out there with an enormous rock, chances are its CZ. If you want a nice wedding all your money WILL go to that. Mind you women are clumsly as hell, you dont wanna put down 10k on a diamond only to have the dummy lose it or something.

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

laugh.gif

Get a idea...

id wanna do it with her having NO IDEA. but
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

laugh.gif

Get a idea...

id wanna do it with her having NO IDEA. but
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom