Engagement Vol: Its Time

Dude I work with dropped 10 of them thangs. **** crazy. **** cost more then his car. Then my other co worker spent 700 and she was happy as can be.

Last edited:
Dude I work with dropped 10 of them thangs. **** crazy.
QtoHVL3.gif

So you wanna start off the marriage in debt?

We going to be in debt anyways after we get a house.

Look...I know this is something that everyone is not going to agree on. I have my judgements no this but then people have their opinions on buying fancy cars, shoes, eating at nice places, traveling, etc. It's all relative really. Everyone has to do it their own way. The is not going to en am ongoing trend. This is just her Jordan 1s or whatever. I'll let her cook on this and the rest of her life, it will be negotiations up the ying yang.

lol @ 25k for a 2ct diamond. where you shopping at? zales? you can buy a nice one for way less than that.

all i can say is good luck to everyone's marriages. if you're going to have kids, unless you're wealthy, the money you blow on the wedding and the jewelry could be money you're taking away from your kid's future. would you rather spend it on a fancy one night event or send your kid to a nice private school or day care? college fund? when my wife and i make decisions regarding my son, it kills me when money is a limiting factor. so much that I've wasted on frivolous crap.

nobody even mentioned the cost of that wedding...if you think your shorty needs\deserves a 10K ring...wait till she starts planning that wedding. My homie took 7 years to pay his off and they divorced after 2.

Base your decision on what you think your girl would like. I mean the fact that you are proposing while on vacation is a good start no matter how you actually do it. I'm kind of a plain Jane and don't think I would have handled a public proposal well. Somebody mentioned an on the couch watching Netflix proposal and that's seriously how mine was lol. It was cool for me but sometimes when people ask me how he did it sometimes I feel weird because I don't have a "special" story. As far as rings my engagement ring was pretty small but I didn't care. Ive got an upgrade since to 2.5 carats.

Last edited:
My friend dropped $9k for the engagement ring and $2k for the wedding ring. I plan on spending $5k max, but I'm not going to have a wedding so I can live with that. Straigh to the courthouse.

If the price of a ring may effect your kids future you may be at the wrong point in life to be having kids

^you guys are silly if this is your train of thought. And I never said ask, I said have a sit down. No respect.

:rofl:

But im stopping by another jewlery store today ill let you guys know whats going on..

Do you have an idea of her ring size? I think the standard they have on display is usually a 7. If you have to special order for her size it may be a few weeks turn around. Good luck. Hopefully you find something nice and get it back before you guys leave!

Do you have an idea of her ring size? I think the standard they have on display is usually a 7. If you have to special order for her size it may be a few weeks turn around. Good luck. Hopefully you find something nice and get it back before you guys leave!

Thanks , btw what do you guys think of this one? just looking for opinions

View media item 1812550

^you guys are silly if this is your train of thought. And I never said ask, I said have a sit down. No respect.

I still think it should be a discussion with the pops. Some situations may not call for the "asking" per se, but it's a sign of respect to the other man in her life. Especially if they have a good relationship. The girl I'm with now has an incredible dad and their bond is deep af. He's cool with me from the first encounter we've had a few months back. I couldn't imagine proposing to her without at least discussing it with him first.

^^joint gaudy than a MFer, but if that's what you're going for...

lol @ 25k for a 2ct diamond. where you shopping at? zales? you can buy a nice one for way less than that.

Hell nah. I'm talking quality here pimp. Look at a 2ct stone from Tiffany. Assume they're marked up 30% from standard (which is what they are). Now tell me where you gon find a high quality 2 carat stone for much less than $25k? You might be able to get a great plug for ~$19k but that's pushing it.

It all comes down to quality of the stone though. And I'm not talking about 2 carats with of diamonds on a ring, but rather one 2 ct stone.

Last edited:
lol @ tiffany. you getting ripped off. you're not paying for the quality of the stone, you're paying for the name. look up 2ct diamonds on blue nile.

I saw a bunch of 2 carat stones with minor clarity issues (you have to see it with a magnify glass) for $15k. It's definitely possible but I went to a diamond wholesaler so they are always going to be cheaper than say Tiffanys. They told me that if you get a flawless diamond, you'd pay $45k for it but that is for like people that are stone collectors. The more normal people wouldn't know one from the other. Just make sure it's clear and that should be fine.

I am literally going to Belize in a couple of weeks and wanted to purpose there but didn't like the idea of bringing a ring over there. If not that, I might do it just at dinner. The ring itself is going to eliminate my savings and put me in debt even more but we've been together for 8 years. I was at the diamond store the other day and some guy was buying a $35k ring and he's only known his girl for 7 months!!! Made my 2 carat looked like a pebble.
jw, where did you shop in SF?

Back
Top Bottom