Engineering Majors?

Nice, I am hoping I like the online style of class more than going on campus.

Hopkins right?? Engineering for professionals?

As a full time worker and part time student, I much prefer online learning. The convenience factor alone.

But I will say this, sometimes it's better to have a designated class time because it ensures that you're keeping up with the material by going to class

Grad school engineering? Hats off.

I have a double major in com sci and business and you engineers are on another level. Much respect.
Appreciate it homie.

I've always said that college is just a measure of how much BS you can take

Learning this stuff is 10% intellect and 90% persistence. Just gotta have the patience to sit down and study/seek help until you understand it

Hopkins right?? Engineering for professionals?

As a full time worker and part time student, I much prefer online learning. The convenience factor alone.

But I will say this, sometimes it's better to have a designated class time because it ensures that you're keeping up with the material by going to class

Yeah ,Hopkins EP . Honestly traveling to the school and sitting in clas for almost 3 hours then completing homework (2-5 hours) just felt like a chore to me. I'd much rather sit at home and work through the modules.

If I ever have to take a class on campus again it will definitely be a 7:30pm course 4:30pm is just too inconveniencing for me.

I just finished my first course with an A- sucks that the intro courses do not count towards your GPA.

Yeah ,Hopkins EP . Honestly traveling to the school and sitting in clas for almost 3 hours then completing homework (2-5 hours) just felt like a chore to me. I'd much rather sit at home and work through the modules.

If I ever have to take a class on campus again it will definitely be a 7:30pm course 4:30pm is just too inconveniencing for me.

I just finished my first course with an A- sucks that the intro courses do not count towards your GPA.

Which course did you take? The math course?

To be honest, I heard the classes in JHEP were cake. Can you give your honest assessment :lol:

Which course did you take? The math course?

To be honest, I heard the classes in JHEP were cake. Can you give your honest assessment :lol:

No, I took Into to Systems Engineering . Next semester I am taking Management of Systems Projects the other intro course for my major.

Honestly the Intro to Sys Eng course was not hard at all, you just had to complete the work and show your understanding of the material. Your experience may be different from mine because I am in more of a engineering/project management type program.

Going to be taking my core EE classes next spring, kind excited.

Nice, just keep focused, those core classes can be designed to "Weed out" students.

My analog circuit theory class sent like a 1/4 of my peers to CE, and another 1/4 to liberal arts :lol:

Last edited:
Going to be taking my core EE classes next spring, kind excited.

Nice, just keep focused, those core classes can be designed to "Weed out" students.

My analog circuit theory class sent like a 1/4 of my peers to CE, and another 1/4 to liberal arts :lol:

My Network Analysis professor dead *** was telling students to go into different majors because they were failing his class, :lol:

8 more classes left til graduation when quarter starts next month 

Almost. there.

My Network Analysis professor dead *** was telling students to go into different majors because they were failing his class,
laugh.gif

My analog circuit theory class sent like a 1/4 of my peers to CE, and another 1/4 to liberal arts
laugh.gif
hahaha wow, that's pretty crazy.

Any Mechanical Engineering majors here? What's the job outlook like and how hard was it for you guys to find a job after graduating? Any advice as well? Thanks. 

Any Mechanical Engineering majors here? What's the job outlook like and how hard was it for you guys to find a job after graduating? Any advice as well? Thanks. 
There was a guy i pm'd about this I can give you his screen name if you want

He posted in this thread I think.might have to go back a few pages

I'm a mechanical engineer. Job prospects are great, it's definitely the most versatile engineering degree. Plenty of jobs in manufacturing and product development. If a company produces a product, there's a job for mechanical engineers there.

I had three internships and ended up taking a job with one of the companies before I even graduated. 2 year rotational position.

Also, since mechanical is the most common, I would highly suggest pursuing the FE exam. You need to make yourself stick out to employers.

I also cannot stress enough the importance of tailoring your resume to specific job listings. If you're not doing that, don't bother submitting a generic one. It's 2016 and companies aren't going through the things manually anymore. Increase your "hits" by using key words right from the listing.

Shoot me a PM if you have any more questions.

Any of you guys got tips for the second part of physics (electricity and magnetism), starting magnetism pretty soon and I've heard its the hardest part of the class so I'm trying to prepare for it. 

Also, did any of y'all do formula SAE? 

^

my advice is go into it with an open mindset and treat it as a entirely different course than Physics 1. I made mistake by approaching Physics 2 the same way I did Physics 1, catch is, Phys 1 is generally much easier to understand/visualize since it more or less explores laws that you've observed for 18+ yrs. Phys 2 is still physical obviously but e-field, magnetic flux, induction, etc are not observable or easy to imagine (at least for me), so you kind of have to learn which way is best for you to think about them. Once I figured out how to picture things, things just clicked.

Prob not really what you're looking for, but I tried :lol:

Didn't realize at the time, but in retrospect, for an EE, Physics II is a pivotal course (as is Diff. Eq.), much subsequent coursework is based on these fundamentals, so def spend the time to get the concepts down

...and this is what your HW might look like :x

Last edited:
^

my advice is go into it with an open mindset and treat it as a entirely different course than Physics 1. I made mistake by approaching Physics 2 the same way I did Physics 1, catch is, Phys 1 is generally much easier to understand/visualize since it more or less explores laws that you've observed for 18+ yrs. Phys 2 is still physical obviously but e-field, magnetic flux, induction, etc are not observable or easy to imagine (at least for me), so you kind of have to learn which way is best for you to think about them. Once I figured out how to picture things, things just clicked.

Prob not really what you're looking for, but I tried
laugh.gif

Didn't realize at the time, but in retrospect, for an EE, Physics II is a pivotal course (as is Diff. Eq.), much subsequent coursework is based on these fundamentals, so def spend the time to get the concepts down

...and this is what your HW might look like
sick.gif
Word, that's basically what I've been hearing. 

For anyone else taking Physics 2 I found some decent notes online if you wanna look over them 

http://faculty.etsu.edu/lutter/courses/phys2020/

currently taking trig right now and planning to take calc 1 this summer or fall16...
trig is all a mess to understand right now but i am slowly grasping the info, i love it

Sup NT fam
I'm going to the career fair that my university is having tomorrow. Any tips or questions that I should ask the recruiters? I'm an EE major. Good looking out NT fam

What's up fellas? Anyone in here majoring or majored in Environmental Engineering? Also, I'm currently taking Precal and I'm kind of struggling. Im worried as I know that it will only get harder from here, especially when I reach Cal 2 [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]. My professor is always joking and saying that if we can't handle it we should go the business route. I'm actually considering business right now lol. Any tips?

What's up fellas? Anyone in here majoring or majored in Environmental Engineering? Also, I'm currently taking Precal and I'm kind of struggling. Im worried as I know that it will only get harder from here, especially when I reach Cal 2 [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]. My professor is always joking and saying that if we can't handle it we should go the business route. I'm actually considering business right now lol. Any tips?

Wait you're engineering and taking pre-cal in college?

IF YOU ARE A ENGINEERING MAJOR OR STILL TAKING CLASS IN ENGINEERING COURSES, PM ME FOR DETAILS. I AM WILLING TO PAY MONEY.    

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom