ESPN Films: The Fab 5: 3/13 9PM EST/6PM PST ON ESPN HD

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by aepps20

The Hypocrisy of the schools and the NCAA is just disgusting.
Players should get payed.
But besides the money issue, penalizing the TEAM was the right thing to do. Rules are rules and the University values the integrity of the school far more than just a basketball banner.

getting free tuition, housing, and food isn't enough?

Whether you like it or not. College sports is a business and these kids are getting screwed.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Somewhere in a North Dakotan cabin, Steve Bartman is breathing a sigh of relief.
did they air this one yet?

the fab5 was one of the better ones.  brought back a lot of memories, still remember watching that gm with my dad and seeing cwebb calling that t.o.
ohwell.gif
cwebb will never comment on this
tired.gif

good to see these dudes honored
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Somewhere in a North Dakotan cabin, Steve Bartman is breathing a sigh of relief.
did they air this one yet?

the fab5 was one of the better ones.  brought back a lot of memories, still remember watching that gm with my dad and seeing cwebb calling that t.o.
ohwell.gif
cwebb will never comment on this
tired.gif

good to see these dudes honored
pimp.gif

EXCELLENT documentary.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  I wish CWebb was involved with it, but whatever--kinda figured he wouldn't be since he's yet to address the whole situation.  
As a 12-year old kid living in Michigan during the '91-'92 season, these dudes defined basketball for me.  Mike was always an influence, but living in that state AND being a die hard U of M fan during their back-to-back championship game runs was something I will NEVER forget.
Back home in MI and around the world, they will always be legends man.  These dudes transcended the game and still do.  Like Jalen said, who was the starting lineup for UNC?  

*sheds a tear for the good ol' days of college hoops and U of M basketball*   

EXCELLENT documentary.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  I wish CWebb was involved with it, but whatever--kinda figured he wouldn't be since he's yet to address the whole situation.  
As a 12-year old kid living in Michigan during the '91-'92 season, these dudes defined basketball for me.  Mike was always an influence, but living in that state AND being a die hard U of M fan during their back-to-back championship game runs was something I will NEVER forget.
Back home in MI and around the world, they will always be legends man.  These dudes transcended the game and still do.  Like Jalen said, who was the starting lineup for UNC?  

*sheds a tear for the good ol' days of college hoops and U of M basketball*   

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

not when you see your jersey hanging in a store and you get nothing from it  and you are struggling to eat...

i just think when you start giving players an allowance, where does it stop? do better players get a higher allowance than starters? do you get more allowance if you score x amount of points? i just think it would spiral out of control and make college sports even dirtier than it is right now

Give all student athletes the same alloance.

Pay them just like a regular student would get paid for working in the bookstore/cafe/library.

Pay them for practice hours/game hours/etc.

It's enough money for meals out, weekends, random small purchases but not enough to flaunt a new car.

i can agree with that. if you could somehow police it so that it wouldn't get abused i would favor it. i agree that the players should be somewhat compensated based on how much revenue they bring the school they attend. i just didn't think of any pragmatic approaches to how they could be compensated outside of the tuition and housing.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

not when you see your jersey hanging in a store and you get nothing from it  and you are struggling to eat...

i just think when you start giving players an allowance, where does it stop? do better players get a higher allowance than starters? do you get more allowance if you score x amount of points? i just think it would spiral out of control and make college sports even dirtier than it is right now

Give all student athletes the same alloance.

Pay them just like a regular student would get paid for working in the bookstore/cafe/library.

Pay them for practice hours/game hours/etc.

It's enough money for meals out, weekends, random small purchases but not enough to flaunt a new car.

i can agree with that. if you could somehow police it so that it wouldn't get abused i would favor it. i agree that the players should be somewhat compensated based on how much revenue they bring the school they attend. i just didn't think of any pragmatic approaches to how they could be compensated outside of the tuition and housing.

1. The U
2. 2 Escobars
3. The Best that Never Was
4. The Fab 5
5. Once Brothers
6. Run Ricky Run

Fab 5 could have been the best if they had CWebb's story. But I cant imagine how he feels; you can tell he's still got that on his mind a lot.

1. The U
2. 2 Escobars
3. The Best that Never Was
4. The Fab 5
5. Once Brothers
6. Run Ricky Run

Fab 5 could have been the best if they had CWebb's story. But I cant imagine how he feels; you can tell he's still got that on his mind a lot.

Like my dude Trife said above being from Michigan and living in Michigan during the Fab Five era was just nuts. My dad was my 6th grade basketball coach and all the starters got to pick which member of the Fab 5 we got to be.
pimp.gif

I cried like a baby when Chris Webber called that timeout.

Like my dude Trife said above being from Michigan and living in Michigan during the Fab Five era was just nuts. My dad was my 6th grade basketball coach and all the starters got to pick which member of the Fab 5 we got to be.
pimp.gif

I cried like a baby when Chris Webber called that timeout.

When I was 12 I had my Michigan shorts stolen from the middle school locker room. Had me like 
frown.gif
. Someone saw those shorts and got jelly. I wanted to get even but as a skinny short white kid I knew I wasn't about that life. Great doc, man. 
pimp.gif

When I was 12 I had my Michigan shorts stolen from the middle school locker room. Had me like 
frown.gif
. Someone saw those shorts and got jelly. I wanted to get even but as a skinny short white kid I knew I wasn't about that life. Great doc, man. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom