ESPN has rules on their people tweeting now

laugh.gif
@ the " i am so horny "

Good. This Twitter thing is getting out of hand..

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

This twitter buffoonery is very close to being dead, and I'm elated.

I agree 100%. This thing picked up way too fast and I hope it's long gone really soon. So dumb. Get a life right? Who cares what nifty one linerscelebrities or anyone in particular can come up with?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Jemelle Hill was saying some borderline unprofessional stuff on her twitter, shes probably the one who %!$!!$ it up
Same thing I was thinking when I saw the report/thread.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I love Twitter

pimp.gif
Word...

As a sports fan how can you hate on twitter, we live in a world where news, media, and peoples opinions are no longer filtered by monolithic mediaconglomerates and people think this is a BAD thing?
laugh.gif

We have seen Darnell Dockett freak out about Big Ben.
An ESPN sports writer openly insult an active NBA coach.
JR Smith reveal him self as a member of the bloods.
Drake's knee spit a few bars.

How can you hate on that?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Reason #84938 why Bill Simmons shouldn't (won't?) renew his contract with ESPN.
who els ewould pay him 6 figured to rant and rave and also hobnob with celebrities while putting out a column whenever he feels. no one.
own site + ads? if ESPN feels like he brings in enough money to justify his contract there should be no reason he can't do that on his own.

I agree with this. He can definitely get other offers. Dude has a loyal following who have no allegiance to ESPN. Matter of fact, they probably abhor thecorporate !%@*@ ESPN is. He should probably leave to get away from the censors. Dan Patrick moved from ESPN. I have no doubt Simmons could be successful if hemoved too.

who els ewould pay him 6 figured to rant and rave and also hobnob with celebrities while putting out a column whenever he feels. no one.
own site + ads? if ESPN feels like he brings in enough money to justify his contract there should be no reason he can't do that on his own.
didnt he already have that?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I love Twitter

pimp.gif
Word...

As a sports fan how can you hate on twitter, we live in a world where news, media, and peoples opinions are no longer filtered by monolithic media conglomerates and people think this is a BAD thing?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Co sign

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

didnt he already have that?
i don't believe so unless you're referring to before he was picked up by ESPN.
yeah thats how he got picked up i believe.

Mark Schlereth (sp?) had a pretty long convo with Chad Johnson a couple days ago I saw. Chad called him a hater a few times, that my was initial reaction whenI heard about the ESPN regulations.

Is Simmons following these rules though? I really don't see how his tweets are approved by a supervisor at 11PM when he's obviously at home watching aRed Sox game...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I love Twitter

pimp.gif
Word...

As a sports fan how can you hate on twitter, we live in a world where news, media, and peoples opinions are no longer filtered by monolithic media conglomerates and people think this is a BAD thing?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Co sign

pimp.gif
I agree with these dudes.... Fans get access to players and sometimes they even respond to us...

ESPN needs to stop there non sense. Especially considering how they hire athletes who don't know how to be objective. Schelreth and Jackson(well knownraider haters, and I'm not a raider fan btw) and most obvious their east coast bias. Annoying as can be. Unfortunately they have a monopoly, otherwiseI'd be watching something else that is objective.

Best damn sports show period with John Kruk, Tom Arnold, Chris Rose and Michael Irvin was the best, didn't mention Salley because that dude isannoying(pissed he even got to wear a Laker uniform).

Bottomline, ESPN needs to do something differently otherwise I'll just watch espndeportes, at least those guys appear more objective though the roundtableshows(futbol picante, cronometro) they have are pretty funny(though Faitelson is another John Salley).

Damn I just covered all these different bases, feels like a rant but damn I know I'm not the only one that feels this way about this corporation.

I like twitter btw, follow me. lol

sometimes, i swear espn, cnn have a stake in that company with the way they pimp their twitter pages, it's like they dont even promote their own site.

maybe its just me, but i dont care what people are doing 24/7, famous or not.

how can someone "follow" jemele hill? really? lol

More Twitter
sick.gif

It has gotten to a point where all news is 75% about Twitter or something done on Twitter. And the media is out of control as usual. You can bet thesecompanies all have already bought a stake in the company and now have even more reason to promote it 24 hours a day.

I lay awake at night hearing "Twitter thoughts" in my head. I then get up in the AM and flip on TV and it's the latest in celeb and athletetweets. I listen to the radio on the way to work and it's more twitter news. I get to work and it's all twitter talk with coworkers and clients. Ifollow sports every day and it brings not only constant new tweets but new twitter bannings or fines. I get home at night and fight the urge to even turn onthe TV.

And now I get to see this part:
ESPN Digital Media is currently building and testing modules designed to publish Twitter and Facebook entries simultaneously on ESPN.com, SportsCenter.com, Page 2, ESPN Profile pages and other similar pages across our web site and mobile platforms. The plan is to fully deploy these modules this fall.

I've said it before but I think I'm now officially getting rid of my comp and TV.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

More Twitter
sick.gif

It has gotten to a point where all news is 75% about Twitter or something done on Twitter.
Why is this bad again?

Or would you just prefer that ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS decide what news is important and what isn't, what part of quotes they choose to publish and what theyignore, what story lines they burry and what they promote.

IMO I prefer less filtration not more.
grin.gif

Sorry, despite my distain for most media networks my life was a little better when i didnt have to hear minute by minute updates on what athlete is now nappingor eating a burger or what he thinks about the economy.

And lets be real....it aint all just about the athlete. It's the media members themselves drooling over their own twitters and their promotions.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Sorry, despite my distain for most media networks my life was a little better when i didnt have to hear minute by minute updates on what athlete is now napping or eating a burger or what he thinks about the economy.

And lets be real....it aint all just about the athlete. It's the media members themselves drooling over their own twitters and their promotions.
Therine lies the beauty.

You don't have to, if you don't like it, just hit the unfollow button.
laugh.gif

Just because people use a medium in an uninteresting way doesn't mean there is an inherent problem with the medium.

Therine lies the beauty.

You don't have to, if you don't like it, just hit the unfollow button.
laugh.gif

Just because people use a medium in an uninteresting way doesn't mean there is an inherent problem with the medium.

No....here is the beauty. I am not on Twitter. I get to hear this through my normal daily routine of sports following or whatever else.

We can agree to disagree with this one. And I am certainly not the only person sick and tired of all things Twitter.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom