Esquire - Cover Article about white teen "An American Boy"

basically they needed a excuse to keep their chattel to keep their free slave labor once ships were outlawed in 1807, enter modern classic definition racist ideology.
so you're saying before 1807 blacks were treated as equals in american society and were not persecuted as a separate class?

1) You didn't answer my questions.
2) Do you believe the best way to not "let those who misbehave towards you get away with *it" is to talk to them? To help them see that what they're doing is "not right"?
3) After we remind them that we exist, we're here, and we're not going anywhere, then what?
Your questions prove that you didn't understand the substance of what I was saying. They don't warrant an answer.

My point was that expressing dissent is exactly the opposite of chasing the approval of white folks. The only thing the lack of dissent accomplishes is to confirm that you are consenting to what is going on.

Caucasians enjoy trolling us to illicit a reaction.

They always do this and it works every damn time. :smh:

Unfortunately, too many of our people are chasing the love/acceptance of the other demographics. So whenever they say/do ANYTHING that even suggests they don't care about you, people are "outraged". They dangled that "equality" carrot in our people's faces in the '60s, and our people have been chasing it ever since |l

Wanna know who else shares that "why should they care" point of view? White supremacists.

They were perfectly fine with us sitting in the back the bus, taking the dirty jobs of society and never asking for much more than that, and never complaining about lynchings, police misconduct, not getting an education, not being able to fully exploit our potential, etc.... White supremacists were perfectly OK with us never wanting to move out of the ghettos, driving cars, owning homes and businesses instead of relying on the bus and buying from them. They didn't dangle equality in front of us; our parents took it through dissent. And ever since then, they've been fighting every day to go back to "segregated but equal-not-really."

So yeah, you should feel uneasy about Ninjahood agreeing with you on that.

Your questions prove that you didn't understand the substance of what I was saying. They don't warrant an answer.

My point was that expressing dissent is exactly the opposite of chasing the approval of white folks. The only thing the lack of dissent accomplishes is to confirm that you are consenting to what is going on.
Sigh...

Okay, I'm going to ask you a close-ended question, a simple yes or no will suffice...

Is "expressing dissent" a viable SOLUTION to change the conduct of caucasians towards people of color?

Wanna know who else shares that "why should they care" point of view? White supremacists.

They were perfectly fine with us sitting in the back the bus, taking the dirty jobs of society and never asking for much more than that, and never complaining about lynchings, police misconduct, not getting an education, not being able to fully exploit our potential, etc.... White supremacists were perfectly OK with us never wanting to move out of the ghettos, driving cars, owning homes and businesses instead of relying on the bus and buying from them. They didn't dangle equality in front of us; our parents took it through dissent. And ever since then, they've been fighting every day to go back to "segregated but equal-not-really."

So yeah, you should feel uneasy about Ninjahood agreeing with you on that.

Are you saying we didn't fight against oppression until the CRM in the 60s?

I'm sure you've heard of black wall street, and SEVERAL other so called black communities that were FLOURISHING on their own, we didn't need to move out of our neighborhoods or rely on caucasians to be successful.

My point with the equality carrot is that back then we understood who the enemy was, and because of that, we had more of a Ruling Class Mentality. We understood that we had to rely on ourselves to be successful. These days, our people have a mindset that we can't improve our conditions unless caucasians support it, or allow it. The proof of that is MLK himself said towards the end that he feared we "integrated into a burning house", and after all these decades of mistreatment, drug epidemics, police brutality, etc. WE ARE STILL TRYING TO SALVAGE THE DAMN HOUSE. Our people want hold hands with caucasians so badly it's a damn shame :smh: We should've recognized a LONG time ago that if so called white people truly wanted things to be equal, they would be. How much more evidence do you need to see to understand this?

Our people must feel powerless deep down, because we seem to believe that white people changing is the only solution.

Brother, I would recommend doing some research on what was taking place behind the scenes of the CRM, and all parties involved. Matter of fact, Ill do it and PM you.

This has been my experience at every place in the Midwest I had to go to for my last job (Nebraska, the Dakotas, Iowa, etc) :lol: Walked into a bar one night to grab some late night food after my delayed flight, saw the looks people were giving me, and decided to take the food to go so that I didn't end up getting attacked by some drunk Trump fan

I don't even look that "ethnic", but I felt like I was in the 1950s, where I literally the only person with black hair and non white skin that wasn't a server or janitor in most of the cities I went to

Propa to you on going in anyways and ordering.

I don’t care how others may look at me, regardless of where I go.
I’m one to educate you if you ask me questions wanting to learn about me or if you’re ignorant, you can get it. If not, let’s mind our own business and carry on unless we both cheers to a beer.

Young buck has an obvious preference for Adidas, an XBOX, and is putting on shoes in his bedroom on carpet. None of my friends (past/present) check all of those boxes. Wide shot probably would've revealed an alienware and 4K webcam.

In regard to laws and how they were used against African Americans and our freedom to own land, living on our own free will...here is how some of the country dealt with the Black issue. It was mostly motivated through fear...

Black Exclusion Laws in Oregon
The second exclusion law was enacted by the Territorial Legislature on September 21, 1849. This law specified that “it shall not be lawful for any negro or mulatto to enter into, or reside” in Oregon, with exceptions made for those who were already in the territory. The law targeted African American seamen who might be tempted to jump ship. The preamble to the law addressed a concern that African Americans might “intermix with Indians, instilling into their minds feelings of hostility toward the white race.'' The law was rescinded in 1854.https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/exclusion_laws/#.XGRGM1xKjIU

In the fifteen hundreds, one hundred years before the established 1619 date, Black slaves could actually buy their freedom. Many ran to live with the natives of the new land, but others stuck around. The problem was, women could not own property, but all men could. Since white men were dying at an alarming rate during the fifteen hundreds to disease and revolt, Black men would then inherit the land left behind, which allowed voting rights and also, *gasp* white women having Black children. Laws were then put in place to prevent Black men from inheriting the land and voila, racism took a firm hold in the new Americas.

Last edited:
I'm sure you've heard of black wall street, and SEVERAL other so called black communities that were FLOURISHING on their own, we didn't need to move out of our neighborhoods or rely on caucasians to be successful.
Oh yeah, they were flourishing up until racists decided to do away with those communities. Now, did the people of Tulsa even get to drag those white folks who destroyed their neighborhoods and businesses to the judge?

Nope.

Because they weren't part of the law making process. And until you establish that hard border between Black Americans and White Americans and call yourself a new country, both people will live under the same rules and Black people here will benefit from being part of the decision making process. If armed insurrection is the route you choose, you are taking the route of realpolitik and you have absolutely no guarantee to win a free country, and I say this as someone who is currently watching his country of origin being torn apart by separatists on two fronts (Ambazonia and Boko Haram).

Black Americans are very, very far from the point where they need to fight with violence (and that's not me discounting the BS police does on a daily basis), but apathy will take them there.
Get back to me when you see security forces shooting peaceful protesters with live bullets and taunt them to get up and walk.

These days, our people have a mindset that we can't improve our conditions unless caucasians support it, or allow it.
I disagree. This is not a burning house:

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/black-progress-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-we-have-to-go/

Let's start with a few contrasting numbers.

60 and 2.2.
In 1940, 60 percent of employed black women worked as domestic servants; today the number is down to 2.2 percent, while 60 percent hold white- collar jobs.

44 and 1. In 1958, 44 percent of whites said they would move if a black family became their next door neighbor; today the figure is 1 percent.

18 and 86. In 1964, the year the great Civil Rights Act was passed, only 18 percent of whites claimed to have a friend who was black; today 86 percent say they do, while 87 percent of blacks assert they have white friends.

Progress is the largely suppressed story of race and race relations over the past half-century. And thus it’s news that more than 40 percent of African Americans now consider themselves members of the middle class. Forty-two percent own their own homes, a figure that rises to 75 percent if we look just at black married couples. Black two-parent families earn only 13 percent less than those who are white. Almost a third of the black population lives in suburbia.

“Ryan spent $300 on the latest Yeezys, and was heartbroken he couldn’t wear them to the Travis Scott concert due to fear of social alienation. “It’s just, you know, why is everyone hating on Kanye, you know?”, he said as he somberly vaped. “The dude just wants to make America great and now everyone wants to lynch him.” “Cancel culture has gone too far”, Ryan says as he sadly asks Alexa to play “Sicko Mode"

As he somberly vaped :lol:

Racism is alive but the media pushes the narrative that black people are forever victims...

The psychological trauma of being black in america has vilified everyone who isn't black ..

This goes back to biblical days... sons of Jacob aka children of Israel . We ****ed up a while back and this is our strife to live with... but don't worry.

I disagree. This is not a burning house:

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/black-progress-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-we-have-to-go/

Let's start with a few contrasting numbers.

60 and 2.2.
In 1940, 60 percent of employed black women worked as domestic servants; today the number is down to 2.2 percent, while 60 percent hold white- collar jobs.

44 and 1. In 1958, 44 percent of whites said they would move if a black family became their next door neighbor; today the figure is 1 percent.

18 and 86. In 1964, the year the great Civil Rights Act was passed, only 18 percent of whites claimed to have a friend who was black; today 86 percent say they do, while 87 percent of blacks assert they have white friends.
I'm willing to bet that first number is similar for women across the board, plus what percentage of them are being employed by a person of color? Besides, one of the biggest and most successful strategies against us is to empower the woman over the man, it destroys the household. It's not socially acceptable to be white and OPENLY racist, that's all those other number are a reflection of :lol:.

What are the numbers on black-owned businesses? Currency circulation within our community? Single mother households? Crime rates? Prison population?

Your last stat, combined with you dodging my questions, proves you're one of those people who's after that proverbial hug from caucasians. I'm going end our dialogue here, best of luck to you in your quest to guilt caucasians in to changing. Peace.

I'm willing to bet that first number is similar for women across the board, plus what percentage of them are being employed by a person of color? Besides, one of the biggest and most successful strategies against us is to empower the woman over the man, it destroys the household. It's not socially acceptable to be white and OPENLY racist, that's all those other number are a reflection of :lol:.

What are the numbers on black-owned businesses? Currency circulation within our community? Single mother households? Crime rates? Prison population?

Your last stat, combined with you dodging my questions, proves you're one of those people who's after that proverbial hug from caucasians. I'm going end our dialogue here, best of luck to you in your quest to guilt caucasians in to changing. Peace.
Hahaha!! Anything that doesn't conform to your worldview must be the complete opposite. If I don't show up to work with a black fist T-shirt and dreadlocks, I must be looking for white folks' approval any chance I get (even after I corrected on conforming vs expressing oneself earlier in the thread).

I didn't write those numbers, and there are a number of statements I even disagree with within the article, but that wasn't the point of me posting that. I simply showed that progress is happening, which goes against the assumption that we have integrated a burning house.

That is not denying that the racial wealth gap doesn't exist, and it is not denying that black folks are still at a disadvantage economically. One thing I do know is that embracing the violent revolutionary mindset when more (not as many as I'd like) Americans are willing to work with us is ridiculous and delusional.

Hahaha!! Anything that doesn't conform to your worldview must be the complete opposite. If I don't show up to work with a black fist T-shirt and dreadlocks, I must be looking for white folks' approval any chance I get (even after I corrected on conforming vs expressing oneself earlier in the thread).

I didn't write those numbers, and there are a number of statements I even disagree with within the article, but that wasn't the point of me posting that. I simply showed that progress is happening, which goes against the assumption that we have integrated a burning house.

That is not denying that the racial wealth gap doesn't exist, and it is not denying that black folks are still at a disadvantage economically. One thing I do know is that embracing the violent revolutionary mindset when more (not as many as I'd like) Americans are willing to work with us is ridiculous and delusional.
Okay one more reply :lol:

Bruh...

I wasn't looking for you to conform to anything, just to answer my questions so I could better understand your perspective. Also, what did I say that has ANYTHING to do with Marxist fists, locs, or violence?

You say those numbers show "progress". Caucasians having more so called black friends and not leaving a neighborhood is progress in your opinion?

Racism is alive but the media pushes the narrative that black people are forever victims...

The psychological trauma of being black in america has vilified everyone who isn't black ..

This goes back to biblical days... sons of Jacob aka children of Israel . We ****ed up a while back and this is our strife to live with... but don't worry.

:nerd:

Genesis 15:13-14?

You say those numbers show "progress".
Black people moving from blue collar jobs to white collar jobs is not progress to you?

Black people getting more educated and getting into fields previously closed off to them is not progress to you?

Black people getting into positions of influence is not progress to you?

https://www.epi.org/publication/50-years-after-the-kerner-commission/

The report above does a better job at highlighting the difference in numbers in many areas of Black life between 1968 and 2018 than the first report I posted (which has plenty of loosely supported statements).

Caucasians having more so called black friends and not leaving a neighborhood is progress in your opinion?

Does it not show that they can change?

Black people moving from blue collar jobs to white collar jobs is not progress to you?

Black people getting more educated and getting into fields previously closed off to them is not progress to you?

Black people getting into positions of influence is not progress to you?

https://www.epi.org/publication/50-years-after-the-kerner-commission/

The report above does a better job at highlighting the difference in numbers in many areas of Black life between 1968 and 2018 than the first report I posted (which has plenty of loosely supported statements).

Does it not show that they can change?
You know good well I was referring to what you mentioned in that specific reply, as evidenced by the question that came right after it. You playin' games b.

Ill believe caucasians are able and willing to change when they offer to give the natives their land back.

I also see you're a professional question dodger :lol:

The high rates of suicide is higher for some than other's because some of them feel like they can't live up to the standards that were set so that's the pressure but most the chatter is just bull crap to get people to feel for some over other's.

Some NTer in here have no business even saying a word,the definition of trolling....they'll be taking another break from Niketalk again soon

The high rates of suicide is higher for some than other's because some of them feel like they can't live up to the standards that were set so that's the pressure but most the chatter is just bull crap to get people to feel for some over other's.

Some NTer in here have no business even saying a word,the definition of trolling....they'll be taking another break from Niketalk again soon

:nerd:

Lol that good ol you a **** argument when you inject facts, nuance, real world factors etc. Nah I'm cool internet.

Back
Top Bottom