Europe/ United States Shoe Scene = Night & Day

I already know about the prices. When I asked someone overseas to get me a pair and they told me the price, I was like nvm. That's why if you havesomething on eBay for a little over retail, someone in Europe will buy them.

Interesting, must be something about AM's that make it click more in EU than here. Maybe marketing since price of AM is same if not more than J's overthere???

It is a true shame here in Europe. I'm in Lyon, which is the 2nd largest city in France. You go to FL and they don't even know what a Jordan is??Unbelievable! No respect at all. Here the highest selling shoes are Air Max Tn which were anything but a success back in the US. But, here, thugs arewearin' em so FL are sellin' em. It's that easy. They are goin for the money. Air Max BW are still selling well.
For my part, I order most of the time on Eastbay. Shipping costs are outrageous, but even with that it's always cheaper... Got some Space Jams here fromOpium Store in Paris for 190€ which is 272 bucks!!!! ARGH!!! Lucky enough I was in Big Apple last august and copped the I DMP for 150$... approx 100€. GreatDeal since its retail price here was 260€!! 372$... and... huh... 200$ reg price in the States? Wait a minute... Nike... You gotta do something...
In the end my message is : here in Europe nobody knows Kicks... They think I'm completely crazy to own 50 pairs of AJ's... That says it all...

wow ^^^ that is insane for air maxes hell i can buy you some air maxes and ship you them to sell
laugh.gif
and make a killing

Its funny but most of those kicks in that pic (excluding the TBIII) havent even sold out in the US....

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Its funny but most of those kicks in that pic (excluding the TBIII) havent even sold out in the US....
Space jams haven't sold out. Where can I find them?

Originally Posted by Ace3han

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Space jams haven't sold out. Where can I find them?

Spacejams are long gone soon. Cherry XII's are moving anf im sure those TB IIIs would have sold out in the US

laugh.gif
Those Space Jams sitting on the shelf is like a slap to the face to those who missedout on a pair here.

Biggest problem? FTL EUs total lack of consistancy when it comes to which stores are allocated what product....and when they receive them......

My local footlocker - destroyed TB3s for fun
Got 12 pairs of Space Jams

Has shifted every Lebron shoe its every had
Didnt get the VII until the manager cracked the s$!ts at which point everyone that wanted a pair had bought them already

Got the Blk/red 12s
But not the whi/red?

And dont even start me on the Kobe situation..........

Whereas everyone gets Air Max all day every day......smh

£107 for space jams at Nike.com UK is not bad at all.... im waiting for something i really want. praying for concords on 2010 and im all over it!!! or evenPlayoffs XII.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

£107 for space jams at Nike.com UK is not bad at all.... im waiting for something i really want. praying for concords on 2010 and im all over it!!! or even Playoffs XII.
You live in Europe? Or does the UK site finally ship to the US now?

Originally Posted by THEFRESHESTWHITEBOY301

wow ^^^ that is insane for air maxes hell i can buy you some air maxes and ship you them to sell
laugh.gif
and make a killing

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

Biggest problem? FTL EUs total lack of consistancy when it comes to which stores are allocated what product....and when they receive them.....

Plenty of resellers do a LOT of business shipping overseas.

Don't get me started on that. When the Mars IV dropped i went into my local branch.

Asked when they were due in, and they said they weren't going to carry them.
Then i asked if i could use the Sneakerfinder, and they said they were busy, and that i should come back later.

So i gave up and bought them on eBay, and paid a little over the odds.

Two weeks later, yes you guessed it, they were sitting on the shelves in my local branch.

And the price padding. An extra 10 euro on the Inline Kobe IVs and the Splatter Del Sols.

What's more, they'be basically put every other sneaker retailer, aside from Size? out of business around here.

Originally Posted by luc1311

.. Got some Space Jams here from Opium Store in Paris for 190€ which is 272 bucks!!!!.

My local FL have them priced at 'only' 170.

Been lurking NT for some time now and thought to myself this was a good time to start posting.

I also live in Europe, most specifically in Portugal. Here it's even worse. I guess until about 2002 you could get a lot of nice basketball shoes. Iremember that all of the Jordan would release almost in sync with the US. Back in the day a lot of people would buy them not only for playing, but because theylooked good. What happened was that the prices here were outrageous! I remember the Jordan line costing about 200 €! Man that's a lot! So it's like anybusiness, when the sale started dropping and the prices wouldn't go down, stores stopped having Jordan or even Nike basketball shoes.

In my city only one Footlocker sells basketball shoes and the last time I checked they only had the Kobe IVs, some Zoom BB3 white/red and some Hyperize. Butall of them were above the 100 € tag. All the other stores only sell air max and casual wear sneakers. What's even more unreal is that a few years near mytown a Nike Outlet opened. It's not that big but it has some shoes now and then. The last time I was there, I spotted all white Zoom BB2, Lebron VI, someHypermax and to my big surprise they had the Jordan CDP 22/1. The CDP price tag was 200 €!
sick.gif
And all of the other shoes didn't even showed up in the local Nike storesthat we have around here, the went straight to the Outlet.

Fortunately for me a lot of people, there's starting to appear some nice sneaker European sites where you can buy from then. The prices are still a littlehigh, but since a lot of the shoes just don't sell around here when the price starts dropping you can get a lot of good deals. Of course buying from USsites is also good, the dollar-euro conversion is always a good thing. Even with shipping cost the prices are attractive. The worst part is when your shoes getstuck in customs and you have to pay the taxes over the price tag.

Like someone said early in the thread, the best site to buy shoes is really the UK. In variety and also in price. To the day I regret passing on the XX3because I thought they would sit and I could buy them the next time I was in London. Returned there a few months later only to have an employee at FTL @ OxfordStreet telling me that they sold the last pairs within my size about a week earlier.. Nowadays I usually order from UK based sites or just ask family there tobuy the shoes for me and then send it to me.

But to sum up, it's very hard to get the shoes around here mostly because this a very soccer driven country. Basketball it's only the 4th played sportaround here. There isn't a lot of market for this kind of shoes. Which is a real shame. You US guys don't know how lucky you are!
smile.gif

swingshot wrote:

My local FL have them priced at 'only' 170.

Yeah and that same local FT had my size reserved (prob a staff member) prior to the release date. When I asked about the shoe finder got a similar response
eyes.gif
Still when I heard they were gonna be 175 euro retail I walked awayknowing I could get my size on ebay for 225+shipping which is the same price and Id rather pay a reseller on ebay than that FL.

I love walkin into that store with 10+ yr old OG jordans cus I just know they be running upstairs to the order room trying to get em in... Clueless
laugh.gif

Do you guys think Jordan's aren't as popular because Michael Jordan, while being global, is more of an American icon. So we attach his legacy to thesneakers more to than Europeans. So we care about what eh wore during the dunk contest or what he wore against the Jazz. Plus there was a certain status youhad when you were young having Jordan's in school, that made them more in demand.

Little off topic but a friend of a friend from London spent a whole day over the summer telling me that my white citrus low xi's were fake. I wanted tosmack dude. I don't think they are on their Jordan game too tough over there. I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Do you guys think Jordan's aren't as popular because Michael Jordan, while being global, is more of an American icon. So we attach his legacy to the sneakers more to than Europeans. So we care about what eh wore during the dunk contest or what he wore against the Jazz. Plus there was a certain status you had when you were young having Jordan's in school, that made them more in demand.

Yes, not only MJ, but basketball in general is not as popular in Europe ...& almost non-existant in the UK.
Jordan first came to popular attention in '92 with the Barcelona Olympics & whilst he played with the Bulls he was well known, certainly among the"street scene" for want of better words. But after retirement he has long since faded from the memory ...& certainly these kids growing upnowdays do not know he is ...even if they know the name, they don't know the player or what he meant to us older generation.

I can guarantee, if you went to central London & asked 50 people "Who is Michael Jordan?" ....49 of them wouldn't have a clue ......the other1 would be like "wasn't he that bald fella who did that movie with Buggs Bunny?"
ohwell.gif

wow, i missed out on the sj, those are nice, but like i said before i think im over it. it still would of been nice to get them though

Back
Top Bottom