Europe/ United States Shoe Scene = Night & Day

hey are the 6's going to release the same day here in london that they do in the states 1/23???

just compare the nikeid prices in the us and some european sites. thanks to my buddy mayhem i was able to id me a pair of air max 1 >> 125$ + shipping togermany >> 40$ = like 115€ whereas the prices for the air max 1 id in germany is 180€. thats just %@%!%% up

Originally Posted by pay jape

hey are the 6's going to release the same day here in london that they do in the states 1/23???

I'm pretty sure they will. I don't see why they wouldn't.

I need to take a trip to Europe, maybe when I put my location for the Air Force I'll put Europe down...

To everyone who hit me up asking for info about the III's, I wasn't ignoring you. With the holidays and all that I was busy as hell.

Anyways, I went to talk to the guys in Footlocker and it turns out the True Blues were shipped to their store from another store in Europe for not selling. Iguess people in Rome picked them up but that last pair (9.5) is sitting because it's dirty/borderline used. If JB ever pulls something like this again(releasing a sought after shoe outside the US only) I'll try to look out for ya'll.

On another note, wow I didn't know we had that many NT'ers in Europe.
pimp.gif

Portugal, France, London, Netherlands, Poland, etc? That's dope. I might need to PM ya'll before I start traveling this spring/summer.

xIlluztrious

I ended up calling that footlocker (it was near the Roma Termini train station right?) a few days ago to ask about the Varsity VI's release (oddly enoughthey ain't getting them, the manager told me he's done with Jordans for a while cause they won't sell lol...), turns out the SJ's are stillthere, along with the other kicks you've seen there during your visit a few weeks ago.

Also, on the italian online Nike Store (dunno whether it's just the european one translated or not) they still got plenty of Retro XII's (White/Red,Black/Red, White/White or whatever - haven't seen them on here yet) SJ's and DMP's. (VII's and I's).

airjordan2.jpg

airjordan1.jpg

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

To everyone who hit me up asking for info about the III's, I wasn't ignoring you. With the holidays and all that I was busy as hell.

Anyways, I went to talk to the guys in Footlocker and it turns out the True Blues were shipped to their store from another store in Europe for not selling. I guess people in Rome picked them up but that last pair (9.5) is sitting because it's dirty/borderline used. If JB ever pulls something like this again (releasing a sought after shoe outside the US only) I'll try to look out for ya'll.

pimp.gif

Portugal, France, London, Netherlands, Poland, etc? That's dope. I might need to PM ya'll before I start traveling this spring/summer.

Hell Yeah we're here man!!!

Originally Posted by luc1311

Anyways, I went to talk to the guys in Footlocker and it turns out the True Blues were shipped to their store from another store in Europe for not selling. I guess people in Rome picked them up but that last pair (9.5) is sitting because it's dirty/borderline used. If JB ever pulls something like this again (releasing a sought after shoe outside the US only) I'll try to look out for ya'll.

pimp.gif

Hell Yeah we're here man!!!
What he said.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by teekay

I went to my local footlocker first thing in the morning to cop the true blues & they sold out. Yet I know a local Nike store that still has an 11 & 13 sitting there. my mate picked up a 10.5 from there 2 weeks ago too.
Unfortunately I wear 12's otherwise would of got another pair already still considering a 13??

how much are the tb III there?

Originally Posted by Retri

xIlluztrious

I ended up calling that footlocker (it was near the Roma Termini train station right?) a few days ago to ask about the Varsity VI's release (oddly enough they ain't getting them, the manager told me he's done with Jordans for a while cause they won't sell lol...), turns out the SJ's are still there, along with the other kicks you've seen there during your visit a few weeks ago.

Also, on the italian online Nike Store (dunno whether it's just the european one translated or not) they still got plenty of Retro XII's (White/Red, Black/Red, White/White or whatever - haven't seen them on here yet) SJ's and DMP's. (VII's and I's).

airjordan2.jpg

airjordan1.jpg

The managers in that particular are really nice and seem cool but I don't place a lot of faith in their words anymore.

I asked dude if they were getting the white/red XII's when I was there to pick up a pair of SJ's for my boy. The manager told me no chance, so I saidcool and secured two pair from Eastbay. Two days later I'm up in Rome for a date and while waiting for shorty to show up I pop up in Foot Locker and whatdo I see staring me in my face....the white/red XII's. This happened with the Flu Games and the Space Jams as well. Unacceptable. I'm guessing theyreally just dont know the product like that, or they really have no idea it's coming until they're opening the boxes. I'm almost willing to bet theVI's will pop up even after he told you he wasn't getting them.

Since around here the sales season started about two weeks ago, I thought I would just go to the one of FL that sell basketball shoes and just take a look ofwhat the sales prices would be. This store had the Kobe IV's, Zoom BB 3 and the TB III also. As I entered the store, I see a lot of boxes with the saletag. No surprise that the ones that are more visible are the Air Max..

I searched the whole store and I couldn't find one basketball shoe. So I asked one of the employees where did the basketball shoes all went. The guyreplied to me that those items weren't on sale, they had been pull from the racks and maybe they would be back on the racks when the sales season is over.But he told straight, that if they returned, they would have the same price tag they had in early December! But from his past experience he told me that themost certain thing is that the shoes will just be returned to their warehouse, because they just don't sell.
I for one, even if they returned would never pay about 130 € for some Kobe IV's! That's a very high retail price these days for those shoes.

Shame..

Originally Posted by luc1311

Originally Posted by bam528

Originally Posted by Mjstav019

Originally Posted by bam528

1) basketball isnt as big in europe... hence why sneaker culture came out of SOCCER fans rocking trainers

2) you're forgetting not only the currency exchange, but the differences in salaries in Europe

3) All over the world, they're more in tune with quality. If they see JB putting out poor product, they're not buying. If Air Maxes are showing promise, they're smart enough to pass on the Jumpman logo to cop other heat

well put sir

thanks, just tried making it easier to see the grand scheme of things

Trust me here in France, apart from Paris, nobody knows what a quality sneaker is. They don't even know what a sneaker is!! So that's true Basketball is like the 3rd sport behind soccer and rugby, but sneakers are just behind all sort of things in people interest. Here in France, sneakers are called "BASKETS" lol, people think I'm crazy coz I'm a sneakerhead. You'll see guys wearin some random AF1, not even knowing what they are...
And as I stated earlier, thugs are the target for FL here. These a**holes are wearing Air Max Tn, which are basically an ugly shoe, so that's what you'll see if you come in a FL in France... the remainder won't sell. That's the only truth... But I don't care. It's been a long time since I bought anything from FL.
mad.gif
mad.gif

What s good homey first off i wanna remind you that Marseille is ahead of Lyon (ahaha just teasing i dont even care I m from Toulon) I ve just been livingin North America for over three years now ( 1 year in vancouver 2 and a half in Seattle and I m about to complete my MD in Montana) I definitely agree with youfor the outrageous price back home indeed i havent bought a pair of shoes in France for over 2 years now I was looking for some timbs recently and they weremarked at 185 Euro back home and found em here in Seattle for 130 dollars. As you and other fellow Europeans mentioned Europe s all about air maxes unless youre a die hard bball fan you wouldn t know what a Jordan shoe is , it just doesnt fit the style over there. People there dont even know what dunks or AF1 areits just how it is. For my part im not a huge JB fan i own a couple pairs but i like to see inovation with shoes, retro s boring me. On the other hand you guysare complaining about shoe price in Europe but be glad you didnt chose to study in the US if only tuition was as cheap as shoes compared to Europe...it dbe
pimp.gif

Retri said:
xIlluztrious

I ended up calling that footlocker (it was near the Roma Termini train station right?) a few days ago to ask about the Varsity VI's release (oddly enough they ain't getting them, the manager told me he's done with Jordans for a while cause they won't sell lol...), turns out the SJ's are still there, along with the other kicks you've seen there during your visit a few weeks ago.

Also, on the italian online Nike Store (dunno whether it's just the european one translated or not) they still got plenty of Retro XII's (White/Red, Black/Red, White/White or whatever - haven't seen them on here yet) SJ's and DMP's. (VII's and I's).

airjordan2.jpg

airjordan1.jpg

The managers in that particular are really nice and seem cool but I don't place a lot of faith in their words anymore.

I asked dude if they were getting the white/red XII's when I was there to pick up a pair of SJ's for my boy. The manager told me no chance, so I saidcool and secured two pair from Eastbay. Two days later I'm up in Rome for a date and while waiting for shorty to show up I pop up in Foot Locker and whatdo I see staring me in my face....the white/red XII's. This happened with the Flu Games and the Space Jams as well. Unacceptable. I'm guessing theyreally just dont know the product like that, or they really have no idea it's coming until they're opening the boxes. I'm almost willing to bet theVI's will pop up even after he told you he wasn't getting them.

They got the VI's just like I said....
laugh.gif

I'm going to my spot tomorrow and see what's left. I wouldn't doubt if the SJ's are collecting dust.

I like the fact that in other countries Nike doesn't have a strangle hold on people's minds. You get tired of the brand worship in America for Nike andJordans. Seeing other countries showing opened mindness when it comes to sneakers is a breath of fresh air

I guess I need to chip in to this thread. As mentioned on here by few there are few factors the AJ sit on shelves in Europe. Style - Jay's are wack for themost of the population. They're not worn casually by anyone except from jordanheads/thugs (they wear them as well) /ballers (basketball players I mean)/hiphop guys etc. Europeans are more fashion concious, people dress mopre fitted, differently in here, than in US. Jays not always look good withregular/slim/skinny jeans. Also Jordans are expensive. Saying that European Sneaker game is low is taken out of Jordan guys perspective. You have to realisethat for the most part EU based sneaker guys are into runners whether it be AM, adidas, New Balance (it's huge for the past years), Asics etc. Alsothere's huge causal shoes/vulcanised sole scene. There are tons of sneaker boutiques, not crappy FL in EU. You have tons of limited edition releases pluscollabos. Since Jordan's retirement (and since jays started to look wacker and wacker) his impact and popularity dropped. His fans grew up and moved onwith the whole sneaker wearing things. There is also ethnic factor to the whole issue. Europe is mainly caucassian and there are hardly any white NBAsuperstars plus none on JB team.

I'm located in Berlin, Germany and Space Jams are sold out here. Last week I went for a week long trip to Paris and SJ were everywhere! Prices ranging from170-200 EUR. Actually Chatlet area was full of stores with different Jordans in them.

Shall we create Team Europe?

There's a flip side to the story: a lot US sneakerheads don't get all the runners or collabos we can obtain. Simply you cannot satisfy everyone. Notpossible. I'm telling you all US jordan heads I'm 100% sure TB III will release on your soil. It's been the case with CG spiz'ikes, thatreleased much later in US, than in EU. At the end of the day it's all buisiness for JB. More pairs sold more money in the bank.

Paix
c.

im going on a cruise in march-april, gonna be in paris, marasi, rome anyone kno any good jordan spots?

Back
Top Bottom