Europe vacation, to go or not to go?

This thread couldnt have come at a better time!

The future wifey and I want to plan our honeymoon in Spain or Italy.

First question, which one is better?

Now, I'm more of a history buff, so tours and sight seeing are more of my thing, her thing is the beach. She would love to relax on a beautiful beach for at least a couple of days during our honeymoon. Which brings me to my next question...which one of those countries is best for those two stipulations? Of course nightlife is big on our agenda too.

And finally, how long of a trip should we plan? We were thinking of 2 weeks...

Now, I'm more of a history buff, so tours and sight seeing are more of my thing, her thing is the beach. She would love to relax on a beautiful beach for at least a couple of days during our honeymoon. Which brings me to my next question...which one of those countries is best for those two stipulations? Of course nightlife is big on our agenda too.

Both countries are beautiful and pretty historic, but Spanish beaches and nightlife are the best

On the real though, how dirty is it in Paris? 
sick.gif
Extremely dirty besides Champs D'Elysées for obvious reasons.

do both then if you have the time and money to do so. My wife and I did Spain and Italy. We only had 2 weeks and wanted to see more of Italy so that portion of the trip was kinda rushed. I'd probably recommend atleast 3 nights min per city.

As others have mentioned, Barcelona is awesome. I dont know if I would say that their beaches are "beautiful" though. As a socal native, I'd say that Barcelona beaches are more similar to an LA/OC type of beach rather than Hawaii or Mexican beach. I didnt do a ton of the nightlife stuff in Barcelona, but there were plenty of beach clubs and others. I actually ended up wasting half a day cause my wife got obliterated drunk the night we went out to the club, and she spent the next morning and change recovering in the hotel room. There isnt as much historical sight seeing there, but I'm sure you can find some stuff that will interest you. I took a day trip up to Montserrat which was a nice change of pace from the city. I'm sure you could easily do a week plus just in Spain alone. If your wife wants more of the beach/nightlife, you can probably find a decently cheap flight to Ibiza, Mallorca, or any of the other Balearic Island spots and spend several nights there.

Thanks guys for the tips.

I'm thinking we are going to go with Spain and probably will be limited to 2 weeks. Can Barcelona, Madrid, and Ibiza be done in that span? I'm thinking Ibiza for sure for the wifey, since she wants that beach life, but should I choose between Barcelona and Spain or do both along with Ibiza?

Definitely do it. Few Friends just got back today from a trip to Spain and France. They had a blast. 
pimp.gif

I need to go. 
frown.gif

Roma- Is easily one of the most beautiful cities in the world.. People stating that there are too many tourists of course there is, what do you expect? But Rome was one of the few cities that has a million tourists at any given time, but you can duck into a quiet alley-way or small street and feel like you're in a completely different city. 

Florence- Was my favorite, but considering the tourists in Rome didn't bother me as much as most people, they are neck and neck. Bias to the fact that i love larger cities. 

As far as who asked about beaches, you really can't go wrong with any of the mediterranean Cote d'Azur France, Coasts of Italy, and southern Spain will be the hottest.

My friend went to Spain last month and there was a FSR of Kobe ASG's, BHMs, Joker 3s, a few sizes of Bred 11s, Nike Air WC3 and even Royal 1s. You would make a killing if you were a reseller and had it sent back home.

He did.

3 Balikbayan Boxes with Kicks inside.
They still haven't arrived yet, though.

Last edited:
I don't know where you're from, but from my perspective living in NYC, I wasn't feeling Rome. It felt too much like home, too touristy/crowded. I love the history of the city, and there are side streets to escape from it all, but overall I can't say I'd make it a point to ever go back there. My favorite places so far that I've been to are Barcelona, Florence, Capri and Cannes. I'm actually making it a point to visit Florence and Capri on a regular (hopefully yearly) basis, especially Capri. It's just straight R&R, absolutely gorgeous. I love Florence so much that I've actually contemplated in my head how I could go about living there. I highly suggest anyone that hasn't been out of the country to make it a point to at some point in your life. 

Last edited:
Go.

Rome is nice, if you like art, then you can easily spend a day or two around the city. Plus their shopping districts are pretty nice. But yeah Florence is also worth a stop.

Barcelona's night life is like nothing else. As well as Ibiza's.

Back
Top Bottom