European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

OH #$*&$!!! Super Mario!
Can't help but feel Croatia was robbed there of the pen.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
balotelli has his hands on his hips when the corner is taken. split second later its an overhead volley into the back of the net. and the best part? zero celebration. infinite swag. god i love mario.

I'm glad that Spain won, but can someone explain to me why the Iniesta-to-Navas pass wasn't called as offsides?

According to Wiki,
Offside is a law in association football which states that if a player is in an offside position when the ball is touched or played by a teammate, he may not become actively involved in the play. A player is in an offside position if he is closer to the opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-to-last defender (which is usually the last outfield player), but only if the player is on his opponent's half of the pitch.
Since only the goalkeeper was in front of Navas and Iniesta, the second-to-last defender was already behind them. Therefore, Navas was indeed closer to Croatia's goal line than the second-to-last defender.

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Thought Spain was unimpressive. Croatia had enough chances to make that a problem.

Great goal by Mario.

Assuming France and England now get through, that side of the bracket will be hot.

So kick Robben off the team, and get a coach who has a backbone, and the team should be back on track, right?

I can't believe how negligently th Ukraine their chances.
Till the english penalty box good and then they loose the ball.

Back
Top Bottom