European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

BasedRamos 
pimp.gif
Played great physical defense, had a free kick that was closer than all three of Ronaldo's, lofted in the ballsiest PK as a RIGHT BACK

Once the Portugal goalie saved the first attempt, Ronaldo should've been in there right away for the best chance to get the advantage.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Ok so obviously i don't know much about soccer, but why didn't Portugal have ronaldo kick?........ain't that like putting Kobe on the bench for the final shot
nerd.gif

Somebody help me with that out
My guess is they expected a different outcome and had him last as a moment of glory.
My explanation as well. He wanted to do what Drogba did at the CL and seal the deal.

Originally Posted by engoi

I'm a little bit sorry for the Portugal fans.
The first golden generation with Figo, Rui Coasta and Nuno Gomes didn't won a title and now it seems that
this "golden generation" is not able to win a title.
This type of loss hurts the most, especially since we played better than Spain for 90% of the match
tired.gif
 Oh well, at least we showed that our team isn't just Ronaldo+10. Our defense was
pimp.gif
, and Patricio came through for us today. Bento should've put in Varela earlier; the lack of goal scorers (same old story
sick.gif
) is what cost us in the end. Almeida is pure garbage, Postiga isn't much better, and Oliveira isn't ready yet.

Why didn't ronaldo stop alves just like nani stopped alves?? He knows hes a defender c'mon dude. That was Ronaldo's job. I'm not blaming Bruno he did his job at defending throughout the game Ronaldo didn't. But now it's up to Spain for me. I wanted portugal Smh

Originally Posted by SOleILL

Why didn't ronaldo stop alves just like nani stopped alves?? He knows hes a defender c'mon dude. That was Ronaldo's job. I'm not blaming Bruno he did his job at defending throughout the game Ronaldo didn't. But now it's up to Spain for me. I wanted portugal Smh
Pretty sure the PK lineup was confirmed by the coach beforehand and Alves just can't count

Originally Posted by GMA 11

Why did Ronaldo decide to be 5th? They deserved to lose just for that stupid decision

IDK about all that.

He should have shot earlier, probably 3rd but you can't put the L on Ronaldo

Crazy that 4 defenders took PKs 
laugh.gif

Wait, don't you have to hand in a card with your lineup before PKs start? Or do you choose a player each time your side is up?

I think you have to give a list before they start. At least that's how it is in FIFA
laugh.gif

Another horribly dry affair. Waste of time for all involved.

Just shows you how small a margin these games can turn on. Alves hits the bar and bounces out, Cesc hits the post and bounces in. We're talking centimeters here.

Not sure if this tournament can be salvaged at this point.

Bruno Alvez missed a penalty versus us when we played in Porto.But so did Sergio Ramos versus Bayern.

Tomorro will be a better game I hope.
David Hasselhoff hopes we win
laugh.gif

hasselhoff1_maxsize_735_490.jpg

This One Hurts man, really hurts.
We played with our hearts and gave it our all but still, Damn....

Portugal Para Sempre

It was obviously evident that Portugal wanted to use Ronaldo for their last kick had they been one kick away from winning in penalties since he's highly likely to score over anyone.

This is setting up perfectly for Germany. If they win they'd play all 3 bankrupt countries of the EU.
laugh.gif

Spain has all those technically gifted players.
But all they do is pass back and forth. 

No free kicks.. No dribbles.. No crosses.. No shots.

And its not like they are that good defensively..

Yet they are in the final. Smh.

I was happy to see Portugal not sit back and go take the ball from Spain.

Paolo Bento almost pulled it off.. 

Hes a good coach that deserves a lot of credit.

So everyone is counting out Italy? I don't know @$*@ about soccer
laugh.gif
but I've caught 3 Italy games and they have looked pretty good. Germany is just that much a powerhouse?

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Spain has all those technically gifted players.
But all they do is pass back and forth. 

No free kicks.. No dribbles.. No crosses.. No shots.

And its not like they are that good defensively..

Yet they are in the final. Smh.
1 goal in 5 matches. Haven't been scored on in over 500 minutes. I don't know if it's that wise to criticize them defensively. They deserve to be in the final more than any team not named Germany.

I'll say this though, the GOAT international side ever talk has looked suspect for quite a while now.

can't blame Ronaldo at all...can't even blame the coach...
probably no one had the nerves to take a penalty...that pressure is way too much...

Ronaldo may be the most likeliest player to score from a penalty but there's no certainty that he will...shootouts are 50/50,i'm just saying...

Spain definitely misses Villa. Del Bosque flip-flopping like crazy with his center-forward. 

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

can't blame Ronaldo at all...can't even blame the coach...
probably no one had the nerves to take a penalty...that pressure is way too much...

Ronaldo may be the most likeliest player to score from a penalty but there's no certainty that he will...shootouts are 50/50,i'm just saying...
Nah dead that. The only excuse is there was unwavering confidence that everybody leading up to, and including Bruno Alves was going to make their penalty.

You can't talk about pressure, of course there's pressure but these guys are professionals and the best of the best. Ronaldo is the second best player in the world and an all time great. He simply has to attempt a penalty in that situation.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Once the Portugal goalie saved the first attempt, Ronaldo should've been in there right away for the best chance to get the advantage.
Real talk.

I'm still confused as to why Ronaldo wasn't given an attempt. Nonsense to say he was going to be saved for the fifth and final kick, if it came down to it.

Portugal held their own the entire game. Spain looks beatable.

Originally Posted by JUS3

Spain definitely misses Villa. Del Bosque flip-flopping like crazy with his center-forward. 
This is definitely been a big problem for Spain. I believe they should've used the 6 midfielders today to completely control the tempo of the match rather than throw in Negredo who hasn't played significant minutes all tournament. I'm also not sure what Del Bosque has against Llorente? Surely Llorente can't be so worn out from his season at Bilbao this year?

Back
Top Bottom