European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

^ This?

x1000.jpg

Finally getting to properly watch a Euro game...

i like the setup under Hodgson..you can see what they're all about..play the ball up to Welbeck/Young on the ground and either hold it up, bring others players in, push the ball out wide and get the crosses in or turn and play the diagonal ball in behind

Originally Posted by wayne looney

i like the setup under Hodgson..you can see what they're all about..play the ball up to Welbeck/Young on the ground and either hold it up, bring others players in, push the ball out wide and get the crosses in or turn and play the diagonal ball in behind

they have great shape, but stevey and parker are too deep for me. thats why nasri, cabaye, and ribery have been able to float around the center of the park at will.
hopefully, we see more assertive play from welbeck and benzema..im convince that they both need one chance, none have had any shots on goal from what ive seen.

ENG's formation is strong for them.  
I feel as though the only way you can catch them will be through fast paced, quick passing.  ENG can afford to through in a bunch of defenders, and let Hart stop the out of box shots. 

I think someone like Spain might be able to crack this formation with the floating positions and and quick passing..

This is just too dangerous for England... sure they're defending well-enough, but it's only a matter of time.

how good was Glen Johnson today..Ribery and Malouda didnt get much down the left side..man of the match for me today

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Not a bad result for an opening game..
Alexi Lalas sucks tho.
Lalas is the worst 
sick.gif
 Dude argues for the sake of arguing.

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Not a bad result for an opening game..
Alexi Lalas sucks tho.

seriously man, lalas is awful. cant stand that fool.

the game was wildly mediocre, i mean arguing that england had to park the bus b/c they played france is foolish for me. even our side (portugal) vs germany played an open game, same can be said about italy (lesser side) vs spain...not disappointed with the result for england, i mean now they play sides that are not as talented, but the style of play was discouraging, i felt they played defensive in the first half and that was fine, but for the spurts that they pushed up and controlled the ball they looked very dangerous...mexes and rami come on man. they could of had more.  

I can understand being pleased with the result, the point but I can't imagine anyone being truly satisfied with England's play over 90 minutes.

I've said it before: Defensive football is part of the game. I welcome it. I love the tactical aspect of destroying. However, I don't believe this France side is so good that it was required here. This is France, not Spain.

Edit: Debuchy was a bright spot in this snooze fest.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I can understand being pleased with the result, the point but I can't imagine anyone being truly satisfied with England's play over 90 minutes.

I've said it before: Defensive football is part of the game. I welcome it. I love the tactical aspect of destroying. However, I don't believe this France side is so good that it was required here. This is France, not Spain.

Edit: Debuchy was a bright spot in this snooze fest.
agreed...debuchy, was a nice surprise..fair play to ribery as well he really put in a good shift.                                                                                                    

Back
Top Bottom