European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Robbie Keane
pimp.gif
lets go Liverpool!

According to AS, Real Madrid arent just waiting around for Cristiano Ronaldo. They are currently working on sealing the van der Vaart transfer. The agreementwas already sealed so that the Dutchman would join Los Merengues next season for a cool 1.5 Million. However, Bernd Schuster would prefer he move to Spainright away.

David Villa does indeed headline "Plan B." The transfer could be likely due to Valencia's financial woes. Ramon Calderon would surely want tocontinue the possibility of bringing Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu but Schuster would prefer to have his reinforcements as soon as possible. Either way,Villa is one hell of a plan B
pimp.gif

Same ol on the CR front - RM are interested, Man Utd dont want to sell, and since CR has been in the US while the team plays friendlies in Africa there hasntbeen any development. I just dont see this happening

According to Sport, Barcelona and Real Madrid face off for Olympique Lyonnais striker, Karim Benzema.

I just wanted to comment on Cesc. If he ever decides to leave Arsenal, there is no doubt in my mind that Real Madrid will actively pursue his signature.Schuster wanted Michael Ballack even after his horrific 06-07 season because he felt that type of player was essential in his side. Fabregas would be an idealchoice to replace Guti (31 yrs old.) Ramon Calderon is desperate to seal one more presidential promise because its been one of the main criticisms - He talksbut doesnt deliver the transfer (Kaka', Cesc, and most likely CR this year.)

Originally Posted by I3

Cesc said he dreamed of playing for RM right? He came from the Barca system. Lol.

I do think CR7 will stay at ManU this year.

How is Theo Wallcott doing? I can't remember what game it was, but he got on as a sub, dribbled the whole field and assisted one goal. From that moment on I was hooked!

That was against Liverpool in the CL this past season. I remember that dribble, it was just unreal, from one side to the field to the opposite and gave itoff to Adebayor for the goal. Unreal that kid is.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by I3

Cesc said he dreamed of playing for RM right? He came from the Barca system. Lol.

I do think CR7 will stay at ManU this year.

How is Theo Wallcott doing? I can't remember what game it was, but he got on as a sub, dribbled the whole field and assisted one goal. From that moment on I was hooked!

That was against Liverpool in the CL this past season. I remember that dribble, it was just unreal, from one side to the field to the opposite and gave it off to Adebayor for the goal. Unreal that kid is.

I remember that as well.
smh.gif
but very impressive.
laugh.gif

anyone going to see Barcelona vs Chivas (Guadalajara) in Chicago next week? got my tickets last week, should be an entertaining match
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Pimpster88

anyone going to see Barcelona vs Chivas (Guadalajara) in Chicago next week? got my tickets last week, should be an entertaining match
glasses.gif

was thinking about it but passed it up to go to the fire-everton match.
tongue.gif

Tottenham want striker Roman Pavlyuchenko but have had a £10m bid rejected by Spartak Moscow. The London side is also confident of signing RealZaragoza striker Diego Milito, who would cost around £8m. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan is close to tying up a £7m deal for Argentina defender Fabricio Coloccini from Deportivo La Coruna. (Daily Star)

Aston Villa are poised to make a £4.5m bid for Reading's England international left-back Nicky Shorey as manager Martin O'Neill sets aboutbringing in at least five new players before the new season starts. (Daily Star)

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes is closing on a £5m swoop for Chelsea's Tal Ben Haim and will offer the defender a four-year deal worth around£60,000 a week. (The Sun)

Wigan boss Steve Bruce is set for a double boost - by signing Middlesbrough's Lee Cattermole and agreeing a new contract with Paul Scharner tostay. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United winger Chris Eagles will join Burnley in the next 48 hours in a £1m-plus deal. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham are close to bringing former Arsenal youngster Quincy Owusu-Abeyie back to England in a £3.5m switch from Spartak Moscow. (DailyMirror)

Marc Janko, 25, is a £1m target for Bristol City and the Austria striker has held talks with boss Gary Johnson. (Daily Star)

Spurs boss Juande Ramos is looking at Sweden goalkeeper Johan Wiland and Bosnian international Sead Ramovic as he searches for an understudy to £10mgoalkeeper Heurelho Gomes. (The Sun)

Cardiff, Preston and Watford are eyeing Crystal Palace's £500,000-rated striker Ja

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has been told by owner Roman Abramovich that he not only has to win but do so in style - like rivals ManchesterUnited. (Various)

Former Manchester United forward Eric Cantona has told winger Cristiano Ronaldo he would be stupid to quit Old Trafford for Real Madrid. (Various)

Manchester United are eyeing Eric Steele as their new goalkeeping coach - less than three weeks after he landed a similar role at Blackburn. (TheSun)

mes Scowcroft. (The Sun)

So I really hope Wenger is putting in some work out there, our squad is decent right now, but we really need some Central midfield help, and could always use astriker.

But in other news, Carlos Vela scored a hat trick yesterday
pimp.gif
, againstBurgenland or something, but still. I can't wait to see the kid in action.

Originally Posted by Pimpster88

glasses.gif
That sounds like a good match, keep us updated. And keep an eye out for a player name Jesse (jesus) Padilla for Chivas. He use to be on my club teamgrowing up and dude is sick. Last I heard thats who he was playing for at least.

smh.gif
@ Liverpool fans getting gassed up over Robbie Keane. They're stilldestined for a 3rd or 4th place finish with Benetiz in charge.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

smh.gif
@ Liverpool fans getting gassed up over Robbie Keane. They're still destined for a 3rd or 4th place finish with Benetiz in charge.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
co-sign. Robbie Keane isn't what he used to be, imo.

smh.gif
@ Liverpool fans getting gassed up over Robbie Keane. They're still destined for a 3rd or 4th place finish with Benetiz in charge.

hate. hate. hate. I remember you saying the torres deal wouldn't work out last year.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

smh.gif

hate. hate. hate. I remember you saying the torres deal wouldn't work out last year.

You're right, I did say that. But I'm pretty confident in saying that Liverpool arent Premiership contenders this season or any season withBenetiz in charge.

Everton boss David Moyes is making a shock move for Mexico keeper Guillermo Ochoa.
The 23-year-old, who plays for Club America in his homeland, is keen to come to England and his camp were in talks with a senior Everton money man last week.

Moyes already has Tim Howard as his No.1 and negotiations with Ochoa - rated at £4million - are a surprise.

Ochoa, nicknamed 'Memo', has been a regular in the Mexico side since he was 20 and is highly regarded.

The Everton 'Mr Fixit' is very influential and is trying to persuade Ochoa that he has a future on Merseyside as a potential long-term replacement for American Howard.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

smh.gif

You're right, I did say that. But I'm pretty confident in saying that Liverpool arent Premiership contenders this season or any season with Benetiz in charge.

i agree. Has liverpool done anything to improve their defense?

Not only is Keane sub par, but they overpaid for him like crazy, they paid about the same amount for him as Torres, but they're not going to be getting ayoung rising star, they're getting an older guy who is still decent, but not really worth that much money. I really don't understand what it is withdecent British players, you could get someone equal to or better than Keane from out of another country for less money. Andrew Johnson for 12 million was aneven stupider move.

Back
Top Bottom