Evan Turner is gonna end up one of the biggest draft busts of all time...

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

he's not in a good situation with Iggy. They both play the same position basically. he doesnt look great playing along with him but he has looked good (showed some promise) when he played the 2 imo

Originally Posted by Im Not You

In every professional sport...the draft is predicated on talent + potential. The higher the draft pick...the higher expectations. It's really that simple. 

oh, and every draft is the exact same, huh?

so, evan turner, since he was drafted no. 2 overall, was expected to produce like dwayne wade, who was also drafted at no. 2, right?

and adam morrison, drafted at no. 3, was expected to produce MORESO than carmelo anthony, who was taken no. 4 overall, right?

eyes.gif

you dudes be so egotistical with your responses, too

"like in every professional sport"

dude the NBA, moreso than other sports, have very very very DRASTIC gaps in gdraft class potential and talent....

i thought blake G as a no. 1 pick was laughable, and i mean, i'd be right if someone would ever guard him instead of letting him punch quarter court alley oops 7 and 8 times a game....

not all drafts are created equal. you can have a draft, like last years, where only the no. 1 pick is good....(i mean, they have years to develop, but lets get real here....

Trevor Booker
Derrick Favors
Ed Davis
Paul George

sans like 3 names, ive never even heard of these dudes....how great is your impact when only NT s&t nerds know your name?

roll.gif

Ed Davis is having a monster year not doing %%@@ for the garbage raptors....

roll.gif

dude averages 6 and 6

turner averages 7-4-2

#stopit5

you dudes are the silliest dudes ever.

roll.gif

Paul George averages 7-3-1...as a FORWARD, he averages LESS REBOUNDS THAN EVAN TURNER

HES TEARING IT UP, BRO

Derrick Favors is averaging 6-5

Trevor Booker is averaging 5-4

landry fields is  averaging 10-6-2

Greg Monroe averages 9-7

couldnt even find wes johnson on NBA.com

cousins is doing 14-8

so,  besides the three dudes i actually know of, fields cousins and monroe, which arent even outplaying turner by THAT DRASTIC A MEASURE...cousins is the only dude doing evan turner dirty..... landry fields and monroe are comparable...doing better, but comparable....and outside of that, #stopit5

roll.gif
@how dudes are so eager to contradict me, they say literally ANYTHING

trevor booker is a better player than evan turner averaging 5 pts and 4 rbs a game

roll.gif
, you got it, pal

In every professional sport...the draft is predicated on talent + potential. The higher the draft pick...the higher expectations. It's really that simple. 

oh, and every draft is the exact same, huh?

so, evan turner, since he was drafted no. 2 overall, was expected to produce like dwayne wade, who was also drafted at no. 2, right?

and adam morrison, drafted at no. 3, was expected to produce MORESO than carmelo anthony, who was taken no. 4 overall, right?

eyes.gif

you dudes be so egotistical with your responses, too

"like in every professional sport"

dude the NBA, moreso than other sports, have very very very DRASTIC gaps in gdraft class potential and talent....

i thought blake G as a no. 1 pick was laughable, and i mean, i'd be right if someone would ever guard him instead of letting him punch quarter court alley oops 7 and 8 times a game....

not all drafts are created equal. you can have a draft, like last years, where only the no. 1 pick is good....(i mean, they have years to develop, but lets get real here....

Trevor Booker
Derrick Favors
Ed Davis
Paul George

sans like 3 names, ive never even heard of these dudes....how great is your impact when only NT s&t nerds know your name?

roll.gif

Ed Davis is having a monster year not doing %%@@ for the garbage raptors....

roll.gif

dude averages 6 and 6

turner averages 7-4-2

#stopit5

you dudes are the silliest dudes ever.

roll.gif

Paul George averages 7-3-1...as a FORWARD, he averages LESS REBOUNDS THAN EVAN TURNER

HES TEARING IT UP, BRO

Derrick Favors is averaging 6-5

Trevor Booker is averaging 5-4

landry fields is  averaging 10-6-2

Greg Monroe averages 9-7

couldnt even find wes johnson on NBA.com

cousins is doing 14-8

so,  besides the three dudes i actually know of, fields cousins and monroe, which arent even outplaying turner by THAT DRASTIC A MEASURE...cousins is the only dude doing evan turner dirty..... landry fields and monroe are comparable...doing better, but comparable....and outside of that, #stopit5

roll.gif
@how dudes are so eager to contradict me, they say literally ANYTHING

trevor booker is a better player than evan turner averaging 5 pts and 4 rbs a game

roll.gif
, you got it, pal

Originally Posted by HankMoody

University of Nike wrote on behalf of S&T:
Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

lol, you making it seem like he and his draft were amazing coming into the NBA....
laugh.gif

who said evan turner was ever gonna be anything more than a marginal NBA player?

roll.gif

General forum is -------------->

Originally Posted by HankMoody

University of Nike wrote on behalf of S&T:

lol, you making it seem like he and his draft were amazing coming into the NBA....
laugh.gif

who said evan turner was ever gonna be anything more than a marginal NBA player?

roll.gif

General forum is -------------->

carmelo anthony, who was taken no. 4 overall, right?
I've come to the realization that you just don't know what you're talking about.
All I see is:

kfghjdfljgkljkljlkdfjklgd 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 kjdkjfd

dfkjdkjkdjkdjf 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dfdf4309834sdfkl;lk;fskgl;

srgergesrg

roll.gif

gfdghdfhgidontknowwhatimsaying 
laugh.gif

EDIT - "sans like 3 names, ive never even heard of these dudes" - after he listed 4 players. Brilliant. 

I've come to the realization that you just don't know what you're talking about.
All I see is:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 kjdkjfd

dfkjdkjkdjkdjf 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

srgergesrg

roll.gif

laugh.gif

EDIT - "sans like 3 names, ive never even heard of these dudes" - after he listed 4 players. Brilliant. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Larry David Swag = Ennphan or however you spell it
common knowledge.

All I see is:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 kjdkjfd

dfkjdkjkdjkdjf 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

srgergesrg

roll.gif

laugh.gif

He named 4 people, the other guy named 4 people, thats 8 people, you know, the 8 people who's stats i posted, 5 of which have inferior stats to evan turner?

oh, all you saw was spoghirsgorehigoerghoer
roll.gif
1234?

damn, you might be dyslexic.

either that or you can't contradict the facts i posted of guys supposedly "doing better" than evan turner....

a power forward averaging 3 rebounds is doing it?

roll.gif

oh, wait, you just saw that as aof;hiewfgohwergoregh, right?

eyes.gif

classic NT dudes....

"i cant refute what you are saying, so im going to highlight that you got melo's draft position wrong and when you quoted the guys naming 8-10 players doing better than evan turner, and it only quoted half of the list, im going to point that out as wrong, too. look how wrong you are"

at the end of the day, one dude outside of john wall, cousins, is doing considerably better than evan turner....at least from a statistical standpoint..

fields and monroe are having comprable seasons.

everyone else named are having inferior seasons...

now, please, like pick out a typo or something to bold and 7 pt. font......so you can look like you're 'getting" me...

laugh.gif
Larry David Swag = Ennphan or however you spell it
common knowledge.

All I see is:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 kjdkjfd

dfkjdkjkdjkdjf 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

srgergesrg

roll.gif

laugh.gif

He named 4 people, the other guy named 4 people, thats 8 people, you know, the 8 people who's stats i posted, 5 of which have inferior stats to evan turner?

oh, all you saw was spoghirsgorehigoerghoer
roll.gif
1234?

damn, you might be dyslexic.

either that or you can't contradict the facts i posted of guys supposedly "doing better" than evan turner....

a power forward averaging 3 rebounds is doing it?

roll.gif

oh, wait, you just saw that as aof;hiewfgohwergoregh, right?

eyes.gif

classic NT dudes....

"i cant refute what you are saying, so im going to highlight that you got melo's draft position wrong and when you quoted the guys naming 8-10 players doing better than evan turner, and it only quoted half of the list, im going to point that out as wrong, too. look how wrong you are"

at the end of the day, one dude outside of john wall, cousins, is doing considerably better than evan turner....at least from a statistical standpoint..

fields and monroe are having comprable seasons.

everyone else named are having inferior seasons...

now, please, like pick out a typo or something to bold and 7 pt. font......so you can look like you're 'getting" me...

I dont do General. so nah not common knowledge, I just recognized response type and defense of anything Ohio State.

I dont do General. so nah not common knowledge, I just recognized response type and defense of anything Ohio State.

funniest thing is, you must not have read the post. i dont even like evan turner all like that, and when he went pro, i figured he'd be marginal.

in fact, i never defend "anything ohio state" unless i can personally vouch for it....

but thanks for noticing, tho, gunna.

im not you, can't see pics at work, sorry. thanks for trying tho.

i guess you not gonna address the stats, and the fact that evan turner, statistically, is playing behind wall and cousins...and ARGUBALY on par with monroe and fields.....

WHICH ONLY PROVES MY POINT THAT THIS YEARS DRAFT WAS WEAK

roll.gif

dude named a forward who's AVERAGING 3 rebounds a game, bro!

funniest thing is, you must not have read the post. i dont even like evan turner all like that, and when he went pro, i figured he'd be marginal.

in fact, i never defend "anything ohio state" unless i can personally vouch for it....

but thanks for noticing, tho, gunna.

im not you, can't see pics at work, sorry. thanks for trying tho.

i guess you not gonna address the stats, and the fact that evan turner, statistically, is playing behind wall and cousins...and ARGUBALY on par with monroe and fields.....

WHICH ONLY PROVES MY POINT THAT THIS YEARS DRAFT WAS WEAK

roll.gif

dude named a forward who's AVERAGING 3 rebounds a game, bro!

people on here are acting like the sixers are some crazy offensive team. the highest ppg player is averaging a little over 15. theyre so spread out with subbing rotations that he isnt going to average 20. he'll be fine, take it easy people

people on here are acting like the sixers are some crazy offensive team. the highest ppg player is averaging a little over 15. theyre so spread out with subbing rotations that he isnt going to average 20. he'll be fine, take it easy people

Ah, yes, the season averages argument. Since you have so much knowledge of everything basketball, and especially NBA - as we have seen by these brilliant responses - you would know that as the season goes on, rookies tend to get more burn and averages are skewed.

And you know, since enphan hasn't heard of the guys, no one has!

Since the All-Star break:
Greg Monroe - 14.9 points, 10.1 rebounds, 2.1 ast
Jordon Crawford - 13.8 points, 2.6 reb, actually you know what, forget it...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/playe...alified=N&yearsExp=0&sortOrder=9&splitDD=Post AllStar

There's a link. Since you want to use the almighty "Points + Rebounds + Assists" as a rating, you will see that there are 16 rookies since the All Star break "playing better" than Evan Turner.

Ah, yes, the season averages argument. Since you have so much knowledge of everything basketball, and especially NBA - as we have seen by these brilliant responses - you would know that as the season goes on, rookies tend to get more burn and averages are skewed.

And you know, since enphan hasn't heard of the guys, no one has!

Since the All-Star break:
Greg Monroe - 14.9 points, 10.1 rebounds, 2.1 ast
Jordon Crawford - 13.8 points, 2.6 reb, actually you know what, forget it...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/playe...alified=N&yearsExp=0&sortOrder=9&splitDD=Post AllStar

There's a link. Since you want to use the almighty "Points + Rebounds + Assists" as a rating, you will see that there are 16 rookies since the All Star break "playing better" than Evan Turner.

Alright I'll try to respond without "attacking" you so maybe you respond with a reasonable argument.

First off Paul George is averaging:

7.9, 3.8, and 1.1 which is closer to 8-4-1 than 7-3-1 like you said.

He's also playing 3 less minutes, shooting 3% higher, taking less(pretty much the same amount of) shots than evan turner. May not be having a WAY better season but it is better.

But that's beside the point. My main problem is that when someone has a different opinion than you you just say the same thing over and over and post laughing faces. Of course people are gonna point out the fact that you thought Wade was drafted 2nd and Melo was drafted 4th. Like it or not if you don't know something that, as an nba fan, is pretty much common knowledge, you're gonna lose credibility.

People name players that they think are having better seasons than Turner and your response is "I don't even know half of them
laugh.gif
" and call us nerds for knowing them. You couldn't find wes johnson on nba.com? That tells me that you don't even know what team he's on. So you didn't know who 5 of the 8 rookies posted were yet you are implying that there aren't any other rookies besides Wall having a better season than Turner. That's what a lot of us are having issues with. You make blanket statements without being knoledgeable on the subjuect. Then you get proven wrong and you just disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

This reminds me of the baseball thread where you aren't as knowledgeable on the subject as you think you are but you will not listen to any posts unless they agree with what you're saying.

The main point of this thread is that Evan Turner is considered a bust. I understand what you mean when you say not all drafts are the same so a #2 in a weak draft shouldn't have the same expectations as a #2 in a good or regular draft. You brought up Marvin Williams and I don't know if anyone you would ask would say that he wasn't a bust. The very next two picks were Deron Williams and Chris Paul. You don't think Atlanta thought Marvin Williams would help their team out/be better than Dwill and CP3? That's a bust. Similarly, Philly must've thought either:
A) Turner was just flat out a better NBA player than everyone else left in the draft or
B) Maybe he wasn't as good but the talent gap was narrow and they thought he would fit better on their team.
As of today, many people think that Cousins or some other rookie is better and would make that team better. Therefore he is being called a bust.

I get what you're saying and last year was a relatively weaker draft but when you can't tell me that there is no better player besides Turner in that draft. Ask the Sixers GM in private whether he'd want to have Cousins, Monroe, or any other rookie over Turner right now and I guarantee he would say yes in a heartbeat.

I still think Turner can be a very serviceable player. 15-5-5 type of guy. However I think Cousins and Monroe can be All-Star caliber big men.

I'm fully expecting you do either ignore this or find one or two relatively irrelevant points of my post and pick them apart. I hope you respond with a serious response tho.

Alright I'll try to respond without "attacking" you so maybe you respond with a reasonable argument.

First off Paul George is averaging:

7.9, 3.8, and 1.1 which is closer to 8-4-1 than 7-3-1 like you said.

He's also playing 3 less minutes, shooting 3% higher, taking less(pretty much the same amount of) shots than evan turner. May not be having a WAY better season but it is better.

But that's beside the point. My main problem is that when someone has a different opinion than you you just say the same thing over and over and post laughing faces. Of course people are gonna point out the fact that you thought Wade was drafted 2nd and Melo was drafted 4th. Like it or not if you don't know something that, as an nba fan, is pretty much common knowledge, you're gonna lose credibility.

People name players that they think are having better seasons than Turner and your response is "I don't even know half of them
laugh.gif
" and call us nerds for knowing them. You couldn't find wes johnson on nba.com? That tells me that you don't even know what team he's on. So you didn't know who 5 of the 8 rookies posted were yet you are implying that there aren't any other rookies besides Wall having a better season than Turner. That's what a lot of us are having issues with. You make blanket statements without being knoledgeable on the subjuect. Then you get proven wrong and you just disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

This reminds me of the baseball thread where you aren't as knowledgeable on the subject as you think you are but you will not listen to any posts unless they agree with what you're saying.

The main point of this thread is that Evan Turner is considered a bust. I understand what you mean when you say not all drafts are the same so a #2 in a weak draft shouldn't have the same expectations as a #2 in a good or regular draft. You brought up Marvin Williams and I don't know if anyone you would ask would say that he wasn't a bust. The very next two picks were Deron Williams and Chris Paul. You don't think Atlanta thought Marvin Williams would help their team out/be better than Dwill and CP3? That's a bust. Similarly, Philly must've thought either:
A) Turner was just flat out a better NBA player than everyone else left in the draft or
B) Maybe he wasn't as good but the talent gap was narrow and they thought he would fit better on their team.
As of today, many people think that Cousins or some other rookie is better and would make that team better. Therefore he is being called a bust.

I get what you're saying and last year was a relatively weaker draft but when you can't tell me that there is no better player besides Turner in that draft. Ask the Sixers GM in private whether he'd want to have Cousins, Monroe, or any other rookie over Turner right now and I guarantee he would say yes in a heartbeat.

I still think Turner can be a very serviceable player. 15-5-5 type of guy. However I think Cousins and Monroe can be All-Star caliber big men.

I'm fully expecting you do either ignore this or find one or two relatively irrelevant points of my post and pick them apart. I hope you respond with a serious response tho.

Back
Top Bottom