ever played against someone who went pro ? vol. war stories .....

Jarel Bush made a few NBDL teams and Mavericks summer league a few times

other than that Taj Gray might be the most famous one but him and a few other OU guys like Tony Whateverthehell have come down to Fort Sill and run with us, but a lot of other guys from around here I used to play with regularly played in various semi pro and overseas leagues.

Brandon Dean, D'Anthony Bowden, and Michael Ray Richardson are some more names who used to come get pickup runs with us when their CBA team, the Lawton Cavalry was here. Some more of those dudes may be borderline well known, but I don't know who they are. Oliver Miller was on the team for a minute too but I never saw him anywhere

Both White Chocolate and Hot Sauce were picking random kats (the smallest dudes) out of all of us to play 1 on 1 (to 2 make it take it and were giving themselves ball first and cheating on calls, especially White Chocolate) and both was scared to play me when Joe Po told them to pick on someone their own size. He nicknamed me Malique Yoba and No Tube Socks, though I don't think I looked like that dude too much. He was like, "Hey fellas I got somebody for you, stop playin all these little kats, my man No Tube Socks got winner, and Sauce said something like "Nah _____ I'm good," and W.C was like, "Word I'm tired, I'm just chillin now" after looking at me.

I did play Alimoe 1 on 1 to 8 (bout a week later), he beat me 8 to 6. He was hitting jumpers, 6'8 and has that KG esque well over his head release. That was when I first found out he has Diabetes too.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by RawSheed

chase budinger - hs volleyball

a true man amongst boys

Pretty sure he could make the Olympic team if he wanted. Nowitness, where did you play all those guys?
Those are all Texas boys so I'd assume AAU...

Played

w/ Cole Aldrich (OKC Thunder)

Dude was the Teacher's Assistant for our PE class in HS. He was a senior.

Needless to say, whenever we played Everyman for themsleves dodgeball (Trojan Ball) Pause.

Dude would strike fear into our hearts and souls when he was lining you up and throwing a ball at you. That @#%$ hit like a ton of bricks a warp speed. @#%$ would kill a man
laugh.gif

Dude is a mammoth. 

Durant
Steve Francis ( fastest first step I have ever guarded)
Juan Dixon
Steve Blake
Jeff Green ( swated my $#+! )
frown.gif

Chris Wilcox

Bear pascoe ( football: nyg TE) played against him all throughout HS. Dude played QB, a horrible one

My 1st varsity INT was on him
pimp.gif

Lebron James

Spoiler [+]
srs
Spoiler [+]
I'm from Cali though
Spoiler [+]

forgot that i guarded kareem reid in a summer tournament once.

got lit up for like 60
laugh.gif

not even exaggerating ......

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Nowitness, where did you play all those guys?

I went through high school and played the summer circuit down here the same time a lot of those dudes went through. Lots of the same tournaments, open gyms, high school games, etc.

Practiced with and against James Harden my sophomore year (his freshman year) in high school.

Orlando Scandrick too before he transferred to focus on football.

Growing up in SoCal, saw numerous guys that are in the pros now.

Darren Collison and Jeff Pendergrafh destroyed us in Palm Springs one Christmas.

One memory that really sticks out to me is playing against Mike Stanton in basketball. Son was a grown man as a sophomore in high school.

Played against Darius Morris when I was a freshman, at the time he was at windward hs. Denzel's son went there too. Also played in the court across from jordan hamilton at the HAX (ballplayers from LA will know) the whole daym gym was surrounding his game.

Marquis Teague... if any NBA team can deal with the turnovers.

played against /wit the bro Devin ebanks almost ever day in gym class back in 10th grade
laugh.gif
  it's great to see him in the League
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

also lance stephenson a few times pick up games 

Played desean Jackson in hs my junior yr in the Playoffs
Close game than desean runs a fade mosses our db
Turns on the burners n it's a wrap game over our side of the stadium
Was so quiet

Kris O'Dowd - Jets offensive lineman (best football player I ever went up against)

Robbie Findley - in a mens soccer league a couple years ago

Derrick Williams - at the UA rec center our freshman year. freakishly athletic

Originally Posted by Put em up

Ty Lawson
Durant
Eric devendof
+Jamont Gordon & that 8' African
That Oak Hill team 
30t6p3b.gif
 we almost beat em in Mouth of Wilson too...my _ Warren Chapman came in second half and gave them _s 28 tho 
smokin.gif
 they fabricated Durants #s against us in the newspaper too, said he had a quadruple-double...
indifferent.gif
 foh, if he did i wouldve slapped devendorf

Also:

Gerald Green

Magnum Rolle

Shawn Williams

more i cant remember right now, its late

I played against Cole Aldrich on the AAU circuit, dude was a beast.
Played against Patrick Obryant in highschool, he was not a beast. 
laugh.gif

used to play ball a few times with charlie villanueva and smush parker

played once against felipe lopez

I used to play in the Sonny Hill League in Philadelphia, and I got the chance to play against Kobe, Richard Hamilton, a young Dejuan Wagner, and pretty much evrry other player that came out of Philly/South Jersey in the mid-late 90's. Richard Hamilton dunked on my friend from the dotted line lol. Kobe just did whatever he wanted. Dejuan Wagner would always talk in third person. He would say "give Juanny the ball," or "ya'll can't stop Juanny" lol.

One of the toughest people I played against was Jay Williams who went to Duke. He was strong and stocky but still so damn fast. Before we played them our coach saud he was the #1 player in the nation and we were like "whatever." He proceeded to have the quietest and most efficient 30 you could have, and most of it on me lol.

Back
Top Bottom