EWD's Tech Start-Up Company Vol...Iono

Wouldn't a tarp make more sense than a table. With a table you always have to lug it around. With a tarp you can fold it up. If you're afraid of it flying away you could just use some bowling balls or rocks to hold the ends down.

[COLOR=#red]Nah, a table is better. It folds and fits nicely into the back of the truck. Plus it allows for me to make adjustments and assemble it more conveniently being it's an elevated platform. [/COLOR]

So what's the business plan b

[COLOR=#red]I'm mostly B2B my dude, not much consumer related stuff except for maybe a wedding shoot here and there. I can say it's more than just simple photos and videos from an aerial platform. If that were the case I wouldn't waste my time creating a business. I'm in the process of securing my 1st subcontract my dudes. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Your boy is officially in the UAV game. From surveying, to agriculture, to aerial videoography. I self-invested in everything you see in the pic. Going after venture capital money now. They like it better when you startup on your own dime...they know you are more likely to respect their money. More details tomorrow.

View media item 1668657

that's all you said about it though. You can't say anything else?

Genuinely interested. Agriculture desperately needs more tech.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Starting up a business is challenging, yet a lot of fun. Having something that was started in your mind materialize is one of the greatest feelings ever. I have a sense of humor, so I laugh at myself thinking about how everything starts out small. My business has very low overhead, the biggest cost will be my consumables which are the batteries. To be honest after the UAV itself, the batteries are the most important piece of the business from a OPEX point of view. I have a spreadsheet that has the serial numbers of each battery and I log when I recharge them so that I can have a somewhat even usage/recharge cycle for them.

Growth for my company comes in the form of more capable platforms. The Inspire 1 is the best ready to fly professional model in its price range. It's really amazing and capable, but there are some fixed wing UAVs I'm going to get eventually, and some really SUPER capable quads that cost $100k. I need a few heavy lifters as well. The fleet will grow as the business grows. One of my mentors told me "McDonalds didn't start with the Big Mac, and Apple didn't start with the MacBook Pro. Of course I'm not comparing my corporation to those giants, but the lesson is clear. [/COLOR]

why? they already got lettucebot

Growing population b. Decreasing arable land. Decreasing water resources. Etc.
Basically we need to feed a lot more people with fewer resources. So we need more intensive and efficient production (and distribution).

I've moved into the hydroponics industry (not ganja, if I was doing that I'd be making real money), which has greater yields per ft^2 and uses much less water than conventionally grown crops. Drone technology is more applicable to very large scale production and commodity crops (wheat, rice, soy, corn, etc.) and is what actually is going to feed the world since those crops can be more easily stored and shipped long distances.

Last edited:
why? they already got lettucebot

Basically we need to feed a lot more people with fewer resources. So we need more intensive and efficient production (and distribution).

I've moved into the hydroponics industry (not ganja, if I was doing that I'd be making real money), which has greater yields per ft^2 and uses much less water than conventionally grown crops. Drone technology is more applicable to very large scale production and commodity crops (wheat, rice, soy, corn, etc.) and is what actually is going to feed the world since those crops can be more easily stored and shipped long distances.
Hydroponics are the way of the future.

i don't see the need for drone serveys of a hydroponics farm though since everything is already monitored and it takes up a lot less real estate

[COLOR=#red]Sure plenty of people have $3500 just sitting around to buy a "toy". Even if plenty of people did have the money they wouldn't waste it on something that's not going to make money for them...except for the hard-core hobbyist.

You best believe i have researched and planned this out thoroughly. I wanted to share with my NT peeps that i have started a UAV based business, but I cannot divulge my plans in detail over the WWW to maintain my competitive advantage.

I absolutely love when I hear people say stuff like "what's so special you have what everyone else has". That just shows the lack of entrepreneurial knowledge/wisdom/aptitude. Some of the best entrepreneurial ventures are the ones where people say "I could have/should have thought of that". Well guess what...you didn't :rofl:

So please commence with the .gifs and the roastings, because I'm getting bored in my own thread here :lol:[/COLOR]

dat flies over my house
bang bang

Starting up a business is challenging, yet a lot of fun. Having something that was started in your mind materialize is one of the greatest feelings ever. I have a sense of humor, so I laugh at myself thinking about how everything starts out small. My business has very low overhead, the biggest cost will be my consumables which are the batteries. To be honest after the UAV itself, the batteries are the most important piece of the business from a OPEX point of view. I have a spreadsheet that has the serial numbers of each battery and I log when I recharge them so that I can have a somewhat even usage/recharge cycle for them.

Growth for my company comes in the form of more capable platforms. The Inspire 1 is the best ready to fly professional model in its price range. It's really amazing and capable, but there are some fixed wing UAVs I'm going to get eventually, and some really SUPER capable quads that cost $100k. I need a few heavy lifters as well. The fleet will grow as the business grows. One of my mentors told me "McDonalds didn't start with the Big Mac, and Apple didn't start with the MacBook Pro. Of course I'm not comparing my corporation to those giants, but the lesson is clear.

Hydroponics are the way of the future.

i don't see the need for drone serveys of a hydroponics farm though since everything is already monitored and it takes up a lot less real estate

Yes I agree with you.

But these farms are getting bigger and bigger as the demand for fresh produce rises globally. The integration of aquaculture and hydroponics (termed aquaponics- simply put the waste from the fish fertilizes the plants, plants remove nutrients from the water and the nutrient depleted water is most often returned to the fish system) is also allowing more total food production on a similar footprint.

There aren't many systems over the 20+ acres, but there are a few large operations out there (100+ acres) that could utilize drone technology and lower their labor costs by not needing to send people out to comb through all those plants and scout for disease, pests, or nutrient deficiencies.

Maybe it's a long ways away but it's definitely possible.

[COLOR=#red]Ok I see you are serious. I'll hit you up within the next couple of days via IM[/COLOR]

4RpQ4Sj.gif

Wouldn't a tarp make more sense than a table. With a table you always have to lug it around. With a tarp you can fold it up. If you're afraid of it flying away you could just use some bowling balls or rocks to hold the ends down.

Or one of those little tv dinner tables that fold up. I'm legit interested though, it might be solid idea. The lulz won't stop tho :lol:

[COLOR=#red]Nah, a table is better. It folds and fits nicely into the back of the truck. Plus it allows for me to make adjustments and assemble it more conveniently being it's an elevated platform. [/COLOR]

Dont call that peice of **** a truck.

Back
Top Bottom