Ex-Ny Giants Super Bowl Hero David Tyree: Gay Marriage Will Lead to 'Anarchy'

I love how people have no idea what they're talking about when they speak up about the fight for gay rights, including the fact that up until the 60's men were being castrated and lobotomized and discriminated against harshly. Are we going to act like the Stonewall Riots never happened? 
Educate yourself before you speak on a subject. More times that not you'll realize you have no %$@#@!@ idea what you're talking about, and you can keep from looking like a fool.

Hey, how about we get the government out of the business of issuing Marriage Licenses altogether? Problem solved.

Why on earth do people need a license to be married?

Originally Posted by rashi

Hey, how about we get the government out of the business of issuing Marriage Licenses altogether? Problem solved.

Or we could just call them all "Certificates of Civil Union" instead of Marriage Licenses. 

[table][tr][td]What You Need To Know and Do To Get Married[/td] [/tr][/table]

Can anyone get married to anyone?

You must meet certain requirements in order to marry. These vary slightly from state to state, but include:

• being at least the age of consent (usually 18, though sometimes you may marry younger with your parents' consent)

• not being too-closely related to your intended spouse

• having the mental capacity -- that is, you must understand what you are doing and what consequences your actions may have

• being sober at the time of the marriage

• not being married to anyone else

• getting a blood test, and

• obtaining a marriage license.

Originally Posted by Essential1

*Knock knock*

Who's there..

It's reality calling to tell you to grow the !%## up...

Civil Rights issues whether it is Black Civil Rights, Woman's civil rights, Hispanic Civil Rights, Homosexual Civil Rights are not the exact same, but are all similar... The disservice some of you are doing to the people you admire most is sickening... The same bashing of gay people in speech is similar to that black people have faced... Were gay people enslaved? NO... Have they been beaten and discriminated against and in some cases killed? YES.... Do you honestly think that the Civil Rights leaders of the day no matter how Christian they were would be openly anti-gay in 2011? YOU ARE DREAMING if you think they would be..

MLK talked about content of the person's character.. Loving everyone equally... Coming together to accept each others differences and embracing them.... That message has seemingly been lost on a lot of you..

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

You must meet certain requirements in order to marry. These vary slightly from state to state, but include:

• being at least the age of consent (usually 18, though sometimes you may marry younger with your parents' consent)

• having the mental capacity -- that is, you must understand what you are doing and what consequences your actions may have

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Or we could just call them all "Certificates of Civil Union" instead of Marriage Licenses. 

Why do you need the government to allow you to do something? I swear, its like you people need the government to make laws to protect you from yourselves.

lobotomybeats

How does that answer my question?

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Why do you need the government to allow you to do something? I swear, its like you people need the government to make laws to protect you from yourselves.

There are benefits that legally come along with being married, however you probably want to do away with those as well so we might as well just end this conversation here.

Originally Posted by TSX24

damn.....I was planning on getting toasted during my wedding, there goes that.
laugh.gif

wait, why do you need a blood test to get married?

laugh.gif
@ cartune, lets hope he can't have kids. too many morons on this earth already.

Originally Posted by TSX24

laugh.gif
 wouldn't that make 98% of all marriages in Vegas null

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif

seriously man, the fact that people like this reproduce is literally everything wrong with humanity. Endless cycle of hatred and ignorance.

Originally Posted by nosqadupper

marriage predates your religion though...

What religion am I?

seriously man, the fact that people like this reproduce is literally everything wrong with humanity. Endless cycle of hatred and ignorance.
Dude the same can be said about people like you in some way. That mind set is what's wrong with us all. We see the flaws in everyone and there are many. We're created to see these differences. The key is learning to live with and love each other despite our differences. *Poetry clap* But that isn't going to happen because we're human and differing opinions is our nature.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

What religion am I?

Dude the same can be said about people like you in some way. That mind set is what's wrong with us all. We see the flaws in everyone and there are many. We're created to see these differences. The key is learning to live with and love each other despite our differences. *Poetry clap* But that isn't going to happen because we're human and differing opinions is our nature.

Well sir, I hope you take your own advice, because this is essentially what I'm preaching in this thread. My willingness to see someone else achieve the same rights and "HAPPINESS" (emphasis on the quotation marks cause marriage seems like an L) is definitely adding to the problem? Ok buddy whatever makes you sleep better at night. This is about right vs. wrong. I don't have the right to take that away from anybody, and neither do you.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Too late 

The government is in the business of issuing marriage licenses because the union of two people has legal implications such as insurance benefits, financial benefits, etc. If two people could just get together and say they were married without a legitimate authority, than there would be no way of regulating all of the benefits I mentioned.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by RKO2004

What religion am I?

Well sir, I hope you take your own advice, because this is essentially what I'm preaching in this thread. My willingness to see someone else achieve the same rights and "HAPPINESS" (emphasis on the quotation marks cause marriage seems like an L) is definitely adding to the problem? Ok buddy whatever makes you sleep better at night. This is about right vs. wrong. I don't have the right to take that away from anybody, and neither do you.

I've taken away nothing. I just state my views and I'm for whatever reason, a lover of debate and arguing.

Back
Top Bottom