Exactly How Dangerous is Colombia???

i just came back from a dope +%@ trip to Honduras and now i feel like traveling the world...the next place that i could think of going to soon is Bogata,Colombia...one of my friends is from there and he told me that if i wanted to roll with him, he'd let me...but i remember hearing a while back thatColombia was a dangerous place to go, but when i think about it, i've heard that about damn near every Central/South American country...is it really asdangerous as its been made out to be???

As long as you ain't outlandish about it, it's not any more dangerous than any other large third world city. Colombia's a great country with a lotof culture. Crime is everywhere and stuff happens, but the stuff you tend to hear about happens more in the rural areas.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

As long as you ain't outlandish about it, it's not any more dangerous than any other large third world city. Colombia's a great country with a lot of culture. Crime is everywhere and stuff happens, but the stuff you tend to hear about happens more in the rural areas.

yeah...when i was about to go to Honduras people kept telling me how dangerous it is and everything and i felt safe the whole time...i know there was crime outthere but i wasnt wearing expensive clothing or shoes...so Colombias basically the same way???

isnt the kidnap rate in colombia outrageous?
nerd.gif

my homeboy just got back from venezuela(sp?) and he said dont wear errings and J's. And he said the kids down there are the worst, the hunt adults inpacks, shut down streets just to play a soccer game on it, and carry heat!
eek.gif

I remember my dad telling me about when his friend went, dude was wearing some jewelry(nothing crazy) and the driver took him to some desolate area where agroup of men robbed and beat him plus left him stranded.

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

my homeboy just got back from venezuela(sp?) and he said dont wear errings and J's. And he said the kids down there are the worst, the hunt adults in packs, shut down streets just to play a soccer game on it, and carry heat!
eek.gif

that's a fact. Venezuela is grimy as hell, dudes don't play down there, they'll kill ya just cause they feel like it. Got dudes posted up oncorners with assault rifles and the cops just drive by like it's nothing.

im from honduras and its EXTEMELY dangerous in my opinion . i want to take my BF but im scared because hes white . what part of Honduras were you in ?

Let me put it this way... your life expectancy went down 14% just by making this post.

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

im from honduras and its EXTEMELY dangerous in my opinion . i want to take my BF but im scared because hes white . what part of Honduras were you in ?

El Progreso, San Pedro, Tela, Copan, and Roatan

Somebody post a pic of how you dress when you go on vacation to 3rd world countries. Because just "don't dress nice" is far too subjective. Imean, I can just throw on my 6$ Starbury cargo shorts and a grey 3 for 10$ Hanes wife beater, some old Air Maxes, and still look fresh in it and potentiallymake myself a target so I don't know, even though the entire value of that fit would be like 30$ Some people are making it sound like I should rip holes insome clothes and splash paint over them on purpose, because frankly I don't own any clothes that bad

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

El Progreso, San Pedro, Tela, Copan, and Roatan

Tela, Copan, and Roatan are for tourists ... but damn you went to San Pedro ??!
idk . when i go to Honduras i go to Tegucigalpa which is pretty bad. I dont wear jewlery, and i wont even travel with the car window down.

Originally Posted by Blacka2Hood

If you Go to Colombia....U might bring back a wife.....word
Colombian women are CRAZY
laugh.gif

I wouldn't recommend you to go to a country if you don't know anybody who can show you around and think you'll stand out..Colombia is raciallymixed though, so if you are white you can still blend in well in Bogota/Cali/Medellin ..If you're black you'll get treated harshly and won't catcha cab [personal experience] if you're in Bogota..but if you're around the Caribbean side like Cartagena/Barranquilla/Santa Marta [ftw nice beach]/SanAndres etc etc you'll be straight.

Ask some specific questions and I'll make sure to answer it fam...I've lived there before

I don't think I plan on going to Columbia after all this, but I never really planned on it in the first place. People always tell me how dangerousSouthern/Central countries are.

Depends where you go. If you go to Medellin, or Bogota and stay within the City's core, you're aight. As long as you don't try to go camping out inthe mountains (RIP)

I don't know... my family stays over there and never talk about being in harms way. I think the guerrilla, Farc and the bad *$*! is goes down where povertyis around, poor villages, and ranches up in the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom