Exactly How Dangerous is Colombia???

Discussion in 'General' started by epidemik the great, Mar 15, 2009.

1. epidemik the great

epidemik the great

i just came back from a dope +%@ trip to Honduras and now i feel like traveling the world...the next place that i could think of going to soon is Bogata,Colombia...one of my friends is from there and he told me that if i wanted to roll with him, he'd let me...but i remember hearing a while back thatColombia was a dangerous place to go, but when i think about it, i've heard that about damn near every Central/South American country...is it really asdangerous as its been made out to be???

2. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

yes, especially if you're a gringo.....

3. ninjasonik

ninjasonik

not as dangerous as mexico

4. sirius lee handsome

sirius lee handsome Banned

As long as you ain't outlandish about it, it's not any more dangerous than any other large third world city. Colombia's a great country with a lotof culture. Crime is everywhere and stuff happens, but the stuff you tend to hear about happens more in the rural areas.

5. epidemik the great

epidemik the great

yeah...when i was about to go to Honduras people kept telling me how dangerous it is and everything and i felt safe the whole time...i know there was crime outthere but i wasnt wearing expensive clothing or shoes...so Colombias basically the same way???

6. freshone12

freshone12

isnt the kidnap rate in colombia outrageous? [​IMG]

my homeboy just got back from venezuela(sp?) and he said dont wear errings and J's. And he said the kids down there are the worst, the hunt adults inpacks, shut down streets just to play a soccer game on it, and carry heat! [​IMG]

7. connoishoeur

connoishoeur

Google image search for Colombia

[​IMG]

8. czur1127

czur1127

juss dumb it down a bit n ull b aiight......

9. mangudai954

mangudai954

I remember my dad telling me about when his friend went, dude was wearing some jewelry(nothing crazy) and the driver took him to some desolate area where agroup of men robbed and beat him plus left him stranded.

10. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

that's a fact. Venezuela is grimy as hell, dudes don't play down there, they'll kill ya just cause they feel like it. Got dudes posted up oncorners with assault rifles and the cops just drive by like it's nothing.

11. jordan fetish

jordan fetish Banned

im from honduras and its EXTEMELY dangerous in my opinion . i want to take my BF but im scared because hes white . what part of Honduras were you in ?

12. ghenges

ghenges

Let me put it this way... your life expectancy went down 14% just by making this post.

13. epidemik the great

epidemik the great

El Progreso, San Pedro, Tela, Copan, and Roatan

14. datznasty

datznasty

Somebody post a pic of how you dress when you go on vacation to 3rd world countries. Because just "don't dress nice" is far too subjective. Imean, I can just throw on my 6$ Starbury cargo shorts and a grey 3 for 10$ Hanes wife beater, some old Air Maxes, and still look fresh in it and potentiallymake myself a target so I don't know, even though the entire value of that fit would be like 30$ Some people are making it sound like I should rip holes insome clothes and splash paint over them on purpose, because frankly I don't own any clothes that bad

15. an dee 51o

an dee 51o

[​IMG] Those are the Florida State girls. [​IMG]

16. blacka2hood

blacka2hood

If you Go to Colombia....U might bring back a wife.....word

17. jordan fetish

jordan fetish Banned

Tela, Copan, and Roatan are for tourists ... but damn you went to San Pedro ??!
    idk . when i go to Honduras i go to Tegucigalpa which is pretty bad. I dont wear jewlery, and i wont even travel with the car window down.

18. forgot about jae

forgot about jae

Colombian women are CRAZY [​IMG]

I wouldn't recommend you to go to a country if you don't know anybody who can show you around and think you'll stand out..Colombia is raciallymixed though, so if you are white you can still blend in well in Bogota/Cali/Medellin ..If you're black you'll get treated harshly and won't catcha cab [personal experience] if you're in Bogota..but if you're around the Caribbean side like Cartagena/Barranquilla/Santa Marta [ftw nice beach]/SanAndres etc etc you'll be straight.

Ask some specific questions and I'll make sure to answer it fam...I've lived there before

19. the coolness

the coolness

I lived my first 5 years there...made it out alright. [​IMG]

20. lrrr

lrrr Banned

[​IMG]

21. lifelessons

lifelessons

[​IMG]

22. jumpoffthegod

jumpoffthegod

Just don't do this � and you should be alright.

23. rpappy6

rpappy6

I don't think I plan on going to Columbia after all this, but I never really planned on it in the first place. People always tell me how dangerousSouthern/Central countries are.

24. kickmatic23

kickmatic23

RIP

25. SVNTI

SVNTI

Depends where you go. If you go to Medellin, or Bogota and stay within the City's core, you're aight. As long as you don't try to go camping out inthe mountains (RIP)

I don't know... my family stays over there and never talk about being in harms way. I think the guerrilla, Farc and the bad *$*! is goes down where povertyis around, poor villages, and ranches up in the mountains.