Explain why there's suffering in the world.

Balance? Wow, what a great answer.

How is it about Balance? One idiot says something completely ******ed and the rest follow, the !%+!*$$ definition of Nike Talk.

The ONLY reason there is suffering in this world is because of GREED. It's the ONLY reason. Wake up.

Because white europeans have raped, robbed, and pillaged the resources of the entire world for the rise of this capitalistic society that we currently live intoday. EDIT: not to sound racist, but that's the honest truth.

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Because white europeans have raped, robbed, and pillaged the resources of the entire world for the rise of this capitalistic society that we currently live in today. EDIT: not to sound racist, but that's the honest truth.
Let me guess, you have white friends
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Because white europeans have raped, robbed, and pillaged the resources of the entire world for the rise of this capitalistic society that we currently live in today. EDIT: not to sound racist, but that's the honest truth.
Let me guess, you have white friends
laugh.gif
smh.gif

not really
grin.gif

read a book... EX: africa, native americans, carribean islands, inner city "ghetto's". White oppression is everywhere whether you choose to seeit or not

and because people love to hide behind statements like these (even tho it is basically true) and use it as an excuse to not better themselves.

there are non white europeans that aren't suffering...people that have gotten up and made something of their lives

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

bottom line... anyone living in america is lucky.
People like this have a blind eye to whats going on in their own country.

Exactly. And for everyone saying "balance" what exactly is balance? I mean what makes you think that someone has to suffer for another person to behappy? Is that some unwritten rule I haven't heard about?

Originally Posted by selrahc123

Exactly. And for everyone saying "balance" what exactly is balance? I mean what makes you think that someone has to suffer for another person to be happy? Is that some unwritten rule I haven't heard about?
not to get too philosophical...but if EVERYONE was happy, would true happiness exist? or would it just be "living" or "statusquo"...not sure if that makes sense. but like it wouldn't be happiness, it would just be the norm. you have to be able to have both to have one.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

and because people love to hide behind statements like these (even tho it is basically true) and use it as an excuse to not better themselves.

there are non white europeans that aren't suffering...people that have gotten up and made something of their lives

I agree, We are all fortunate because of this, and best believe i will better myself

The answer is actually quite simple. The reason why we suffer (and have war, hate, division etc. ), is because we are ignorant to the fact that we are all God!

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Because without pain and suffering there can be no pleasure. I hate to reference a movie, but Agent Smith hit the nail on the head in the first Matrix when he was talking to Morpheus.

BA-BOW!

DeadsetAce wrote:
selrahc123 wrote:

Exactly. And for everyone saying "balance" what exactly is balance? I mean what makes you think that someone has to suffer for another person to be happy? Is that some unwritten rule I haven't heard about?
not to get too philosophical...but if EVERYONE was happy, would true happiness exist? or would it just be "living" or "status quo"...not sure if that makes sense. but like it wouldn't be happiness, it would just be the norm. you have to be able to have both to have one.

This isn't a happiness thread its a suffering thread. There's a difference.

Originally Posted by selrahc123

DeadsetAce wrote:
selrahc123 wrote:

not to get too philosophical...but if EVERYONE was happy, would true happiness exist? or would it just be "living" or "status quo"...not sure if that makes sense. but like it wouldn't be happiness, it would just be the norm. you have to be able to have both to have one.

This isn't a happiness thread its a suffering thread. There's a difference.
no but you can say the same about suffering. if EVERYONE suffered, it's not suffering, it's just the WAY it is. if EVERYONE suffered, wewouldn't be talking about why some people have to suffer and why others dont (which i referred to as happiness). same idea tho...you need opposites.without suffering, theres no pleasure. without pleasure, theres no suffering.

In all honesty, just not enough resources. It is IMPOSSIBLE for everyone to go to college, It would defeat the purpose for having a free will / capitalistsociety. You simply just need have and have nots in the world. Do i think its cool, hell no, just the way it is. Balance is the key to anything in life. Youwork out to much, you can have a heart attack or die from exhaustion, work out to less you can become obese or have clogged arteries. Study to much, run therisk of neglecting other aspects of school, do not study enough, run the risk of not learning the material. The point is that any focus toward any end of aspectrum over the other, wether positive or negative, will utlimately lead to failure. At the end of the day people must realize the key word in capitalism iscapitalize, which in essence means to take advantage or exploit an opportunity, which in this case we do to each other

Originally Posted by IT B BERT

Balance? Wow, what a great answer.

How is it about Balance? One idiot says something completely ******ed and the rest follow, the !%+!*$$ definition of Nike Talk.

The ONLY reason there is suffering in this world is because of GREED. It's the ONLY reason. Wake up.
Why are you so mad? I think "Balance" is the closest thing to an answer we'll ever have. What is light without the dark? If no onewas poor, who would be rich? Who would be the cool kids if there were no losers? What would be so great about "heaven" if others weren't doomedto "hell?" It's all about "Relativity." Greed can be the reason someone is on top of the world. It can also be the reason why someoneelse is out on the streets. Balance.

Would you consider someone born with deficiencies to be the victim of greed? A family's bread-winner dies and the family falls into poverty, and they arevictims of greed? I'm pretty sure you are thinking they are because you think someone should step in and just help them. Well that happens sometimes. Andsometimes it doesn't. Balance.

"Greed" can be a reason, just as much as "laziness (or adjusted contentness)," just as much as "ignorance," just as much as"opportunity" or lack thereof.

I think that we as humans tend to forget that we are animals first and foremost, and the reason things are they way they are is because collectively, this isthe way we have structured ourselves (or allowed ourselves to be structured, depending on how you look at it). Things will change when they are supposed tochange. Until then, things will be what they are. Balanced.

our society in general is way too selfish

if we truly worked for the better good of everyone, there would be less suffering in the world

people care too much about taking care of themselves as opposed to taking care of others.

When you look out for yourself to the extent people do today, you forget about everyone else.

Why? Because of Greed. Individualism, Materialism, Narcissism... self driven pursuit of wealth and status.

With out suffering there is no progress. FD

Sometimes i feel, why do i get to live a free and fun live while some human beings thousands of miles away suffer.

Back
Top Bottom