EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

Wait....you dont need to know motive to know this was an attack on America, two bombs went off at a marathon on Patriots day if thats not an attack on the US I dont know what is. I dont care if these were "americanized" people from Russia (Chechnya border) or wherever. The fact that you dont see this kind of unity and tremendous patriotism is why these moments are nice to see...people coming together and being proud and showing appreciation for the amazing work done by the police, fbi, emergency personnel, and a whole host of other agencies in the city of Boston this week. I would say that it sucks it takes horrible circumstances like this to bring about this kind of togetherness is a bit sad, but do you expect them to just act like there weren't hundreds of innocent people injured and 4 people killed senselessly because of this nonsense?

Chris Dorner was clearly targeting a select group of LAPD officers and had an agenda, dude may have even had a point about them being crooked but the way he went about that was completely wrong and reprehensible....and how people were defending that is beyond me.

I'm willing to bet that most people didn't even know it was Patriot's Day. I sure as hell didn't. Did you? I don't even know what it is or that it even existed and most people probably didn't.

Sure it's nice to see people come together, but it seems misguided to me. We don't know the motives yet. What if this these brothers just wanted to kill and hurt some people for fun?

Chanting USA and waving flags seems inappropriate at this point.

I've got family in New England so I did know what it was, but evvvverybody up there knows that Holiday its statewide, schools are let out and everything...the youngest one for sure well knew what that day was since he's been there from age 9, this wasn't random or a fit of anger that bombing was planned out and timed...and regardless if that was only some sick "fun" for them or not, that's an attack on America, innocent Americans were killed and others have had their lives changed forever. If someone is drunk and stupid, punches one of your close relatives but did it randomly; would you not consider that an attack on your family? I don't think their motive matters, they did it and killed innocent people..thats an attack on the USA.

They are allowed to under their jurisdiction. The minute they found reason to monitor and question him, red flags. It's not like he disappeared off the map, they lost track of him and his known associates/relatives. Since his records had an inquiry, any activity that tied his name or face to it, was logged and monitored...especially if he was Skyping. Analysts 24 hours/7 days a week are trained for this specific purpose. Unlike predators, people aren't warned when someone with a red flag moves into their neighborhood, etc though.

I don't see why people are praising the authorities...a 19 year old kid was able to elude thousands of cops and agents for about 18 hours. He basically had a small army after him using all of their resources and still had this much trouble capturing him :smh:……dont get me wrong I'm glad they got him and that he's alive but they should be embarrassed at this whole situation

You do know that in our military you can be trained to elude capture at 17 and legally be allowed to do it at 18.

I don't see why people are praising the authorities...a 19 year old kid was able to elude thousands of cops and agents for about 18 hours. He basically had a small army after him using all of their resources and still had this much trouble capturing him :smh:……dont get me wrong I'm glad they got him and that he's alive but they should be embarrassed at this whole situation

You do know that in our military you can be trained to elude capture at 17 and legally be allowed to do it at 18.

What does that have to do with my post? I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say

I didn't condemn anyone for celebrating.

I was saying how people were celebrating seemed inappropriate to me considering we don't even know the motives yet.

So you're saying they could have justified motives for doing this?

No.

But if this dude was brainwashed by his dad and/or brother, then I will look at him differently.

Last edited:
i dont know why people keep complaining about how long it took them to find him. how long does it take u to find ur keys when u lose em? they had to search an entire city, at nighttime. an ENTIRE CITY for one person. and he can be either insides or outside any house or building. he could be laying on a roof under and awning on a 15 story building... ANYWHERE. just think about that. youre playing hide n seek...in a city, with no rules on where u cant go.

Too bad you weren't there. Case would have been open and shut by tuesday, I'm sure. ...

Seriously do you have ANY knowledge on police tactics?

You can't call killing people on Patriots day an attack on USA.... how many random people get shot everyday? If it falls on an national holiday its considered an attack on USA?
The Boston marathon is a huge public event out in the open, it could have just been a desirable target for the bombers.

The only way to determine if it was a deliberate attack on the USA is to find out his motives, only that can prove if it was a direct attack on our nation. Not saying it wasn't and not saying it is.

The people do deserve to be happy with the capture of the bomber, but the USA chants do seem a little overboard to me.
And please don't tell me you compared this tragedy to a sporting event... that's just silly.

He couldn't possibly be trained to evade those units and methods involved with some of the most advanced escape techniques. Trained professionals wouldn't have been able to do that and they definitely wouldn't remain in the area.

i dont know why people keep complaining about how long it took them to find him. how long does it take u to find ur keys when u lose em? they had to search an entire city, at nighttime. an ENTIRE CITY for one person. and he can be either insides or outside any house or building. he could be laying on a roof under and awning on a 15 story building... ANYWHERE. just think about that. youre playing hide n seek...in a city, with no rules on where u cant go.
The bombing happened on the 15th. Reported video shows suspects with bags. Homeland Security/FBI were on it the minute those bombs blew and the footage was made available. Any and every identifiable face on those videos and images that even people take and post on the web are referenced for potential suspects in real-time.

For it to come down to them looking for one kid for that long, man the agencies aren't that stupid.

Last edited:
Wait....you dont need to know motive to know this was an attack on America, two bombs went off at a marathon on Patriots day if thats not an attack on the US I dont know what is. I dont care if these were "americanized" people from Russia (Chechnya border) or wherever. The fact that you dont see this kind of unity and tremendous patriotism is why these moments are nice to see...people coming together and being proud and showing appreciation for the amazing work done by the police, fbi, emergency personnel, and a whole host of other agencies in the city of Boston this week. I would say that it sucks it takes horrible circumstances like this to bring about this kind of togetherness is a bit sad, but do you expect them to just act like there weren't hundreds of innocent people injured and 4 people killed senselessly because of this nonsense?

Chris Dorner was clearly targeting a select group of LAPD officers and had an agenda, dude may have even had a point about them being crooked but the way he went about that was completely wrong and reprehensible....and how people were defending that is beyond me.

I'm willing to bet that most people didn't even know it was Patriot's Day. I sure as hell didn't. Did you? I don't even know what it is or that it even existed and most people probably didn't.

Sure it's nice to see people come together, but it seems misguided to me. We don't know the motives yet. What if this these brothers just wanted to kill and hurt some people for fun?

Chanting USA and waving flags seems inappropriate at this point.

I've got family in New England so I did know what it was, but evvvverybody up there knows that Holiday its statewide, schools are let out and everything...the youngest one for sure well knew what that day was since he's been there from age 9, this wasn't random or a fit of anger that bombing was planned out and timed...and regardless if that was only some sick "fun" for them or not, that's an attack on America, innocent Americans were killed and others have had their lives changed forever. If someone is drunk and stupid, punches one of your close relatives but did it randomly; would you not consider that an attack on your family? I don't think their motive matters, they did it and killed innocent people..thats an attack on the USA.

I had no idea Patriot's day was that big a deal in the New England Area.

If me and my brother went out to the bars and my brother got punched by some drunk idiot... No, I wouldn't consider that an attack on my family :lol: That doesn't even make sense :lol:

If you don't think that their motive matters and all that does matter is that innocent people were killed, attacks on America happen every day then.

What does that have to do with my post? I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say

You post suggests that an 19 year old should not be able to elude police. My posts says that its possible and that there people younger than 19 that can elude capture. The bombing was on Monday and we got him. Not to mention, Obama never declared an act of Terrorism. Meaning no additional manpower took take him down besides what was normal for this situation.

Last edited:
I had no idea Patriot's day was that big a deal in the New England Area.

If me and my brother went out to the bars and my brother got punched by some drunk idiot... No, I wouldn't consider that an attack on my family :lol: That doesn't even make sense :lol:

If you don't think that their motive matters and all that does matter is that innocent people were killed, attacks on America happen every day then.

Contrarian for contrarians sake.

They are allowed to under their jurisdiction. The minute they found reason to monitor and question him, red flags. It's not like he disappeared off the map, they lost track of him and his known associates/relatives. Since his records had an inquiry, any activity that tied his name or face to it, was logged and monitored...especially if he was Skyping. Analysts 24 hours/7 days a week are trained for this specific purpose. Unlike predators, people aren't warned when someone with a red flag moves into their neighborhood, etc though.

They always seem to lose track of these guys.

Osama
9/11 high jackers

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't condemn anyone for celebrating.

I was saying how people were celebrating seemed inappropriate to me considering we don't even know the motives yet.

So you're saying they could have justified motives for doing this?

No they can't be justified, because they've already waved their flags, shouted their triumphant USA chants, etc.

They could have been justified if they did all that after we found out what the motives were.

You can't call killing people on Patriots day an attack on USA.... how many random people get shot everyday? If it falls on an national holiday its considered an attack on USA?
The Boston marathon is a huge public event out in the open, it could have just been a desirable target for the bombers.

The only way to determine if it was a deliberate attack on the USA is to find out his motives, only that can prove if it was a direct attack on our nation. Not saying it wasn't and not saying it is.

The people do deserve to be happy with the capture of the bomber, but the USA chants do seem a little overboard to me.
And please don't tell me you compared this tragedy to a sporting event... that's just silly.

One random person getting shot, while absolutely terrible, is not a terrorist attack such as this. These dudes wanted to make a statement for whatever reason, and chose the premier marathon in this country to do it. We'll find out their motives soon enough but they even timed this bomb dropoff to be in coordination with the most heavy runner/audience traffic. Notice these didn't go off when the winners came through, they waited until a good majority of people were finishing and a larger audience would be present.

It was a terrorist attack on the people of the United States...you don't just wake up one day and say "oh I'm gonna make a bomb and blow up hundreds of people", you develop those sentiments over time whether you're talked into it by your sibling or you harbor that resentment and disregard for your fellow human's life; it doesn't matter.

And I think they were trying to say that people can cheer and support and chant their city or country for sporting events that literally have no impact on their actual lives and not get second guessed...yet when people whose lives were actually in danger, may have lost family or friends in this (or have close friends/relatives who were severely injured) who chant USA or yell "this is Boston" or applaud the police, FBI, etc. they get looked at sideways by some people and deemed "inappropriate", even though this is so much more significant in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom