External hard drive appreciation

lacie_mobile_disk.jpg

+
pogoplug_pro_news.jpg

is the greatest thing ever:

- remote access to all your files. (using mobile phone, ipod touch, etc)

- only $99.00

- active copy of specified folders/directories to your usb external

- no limit to hard drive connected (has 4 built in usb ports, but can add hub)

- streams to Xbox 360 or PS3

- you can connect other pogoplugs remotely so they can mirror each other

NT - GET IT!!!

pimp.gif

lacie_mobile_disk.jpg

+
pogoplug_pro_news.jpg

is the greatest thing ever:

- remote access to all your files. (using mobile phone, ipod touch, etc)

- only $99.00

- active copy of specified folders/directories to your usb external

- no limit to hard drive connected (has 4 built in usb ports, but can add hub)

- streams to Xbox 360 or PS3

- you can connect other pogoplugs remotely so they can mirror each other

NT - GET IT!!!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Internal>all

Backing up 100gb of data over usb?

No thanks
laugh.gif
setup automatic backups to external HD in your LAN, and one to remote location FTW!

Internal>all

No thanks
laugh.gif
setup automatic backups to external HD in your LAN, and one to remote location FTW!

after all of my bad luck w/ External hard drives, i scooped a synology ds211j....  2 drive bays, 1 drive to have my files and time machine backups....the other drive is pretty much a backup of that drive, so if 1 dies, im still straight 
pimp.gif
  comes w/ remote access so you can access it from anywhere and an iphone & android app so you can stream music and pics from it 
pimp.gif

top.jpg

after all of my bad luck w/ External hard drives, i scooped a synology ds211j....  2 drive bays, 1 drive to have my files and time machine backups....the other drive is pretty much a backup of that drive, so if 1 dies, im still straight 
pimp.gif
  comes w/ remote access so you can access it from anywhere and an iphone & android app so you can stream music and pics from it 
pimp.gif

top.jpg

i just had a WD 500gb break on my last week. I've had it for 3 years, 400gb worth of data GONE

family pictures, 10k+ songs, tax papers, pictures saved over the years....to say i was devastated is an understatement

so no, they are UNappreciated

i just had a WD 500gb break on my last week. I've had it for 3 years, 400gb worth of data GONE

family pictures, 10k+ songs, tax papers, pictures saved over the years....to say i was devastated is an understatement

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Internal>all

No thanks
laugh.gif

Firewire 800 for the win.
So fast...

eSata is faster
Don't you have a MBP?
Also link to check out that HD
on_line.gif
VABigPoppa?

sadly, yes. but my gaming pc has eSata and firewire 800 also.

Originally Posted by glasses

dang that sucks. i have back ups of my back ups (no xzibit yo dawg)

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Internal>all

No thanks
laugh.gif

Firewire 800 for the win.
So fast...

eSata is faster
Don't you have a MBP?
Also link to check out that HD
on_line.gif
VABigPoppa?

sadly, yes. but my gaming pc has eSata and firewire 800 also.

dang that sucks. i have back ups of my back ups (no xzibit yo dawg)

Damn don't scare me.

Damn don't scare me.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Damn don't scare me.
sux to hear.  best way to prevent that from happening is off-site backups.  use a service like Carbonite:
www.Carbonite.com

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Damn don't scare me.
sux to hear.  best way to prevent that from happening is off-site backups.  use a service like Carbonite:
www.Carbonite.com

I used to love externals, but I've grown to just stick to having a bunch of internals so the transfer rate is much much faster.

Plus if I ever want to have an external I can use any of the drives and buy an enclosure with built in firewire 800 and/or eSata connections. The default ones on the market usually suck.

I used to love externals, but I've grown to just stick to having a bunch of internals so the transfer rate is much much faster.

Plus if I ever want to have an external I can use any of the drives and buy an enclosure with built in firewire 800 and/or eSata connections. The default ones on the market usually suck.

Back
Top Bottom