F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

VET 
mean.gif

He's so gonna get pole and win... GP-sweep. 

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+0vl3AZTOJF7x.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+1m-7TgaIUVux.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+qiLjBxNLXzPx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+mlWGRw4uxD2x.jpg

Negative camber doing the work here...

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+3rbsyVWBRaOx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+VakgjES4yBXx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Singapore+Practice+G17uLCBHC2Rx.jpg

^ great photos :pimp: that helmet :lol:

still getting a bit of deadzone with my G27 in F1 2012. Force feedback feels much better, although the wheel feels really heavy. Quite different from the demo, but I still don't like it that much. Will try to post a vid in a bit right before Qualifying.

Looks like there will be a Singapore GP up until 2017. Contract has just been renewed. Guys better start snagging those super early bird tickets now. :lol:

I really hope Vettel doesnt get pole at all...

His helmet is just :lol:

I actually like Lewis non yellow based one hes rocking with :pimp:

Hamster on pole once again :nthat:

Maldonado in second :smokin

Vettel in third :rolleyes

Maldonado better not mess this up. I feel like this could be his redemption race right here.

Last edited:
^ I like Hamilton's original helmet more. :smokin

Lewis on pole... but Pastor is alongside him. Uh-oh... :lol: Should be an interesting first corner tomorrow. :tongue:

Can't believe I'm 12 seconds slower in F1 2012 on the same circuit. :lol: :\ :smh:

A phenomenal lap by Lewis... 4-tenths! 

I prefer his yellow lid too... just odd seeing him with a predominantly white one this round.

But Pastor behind him. 
indifferent.gif

Seb will, no doubt, be very strong tomorrow. 

Maldonado just got described as an "unguided missle" by his own team. :rofl:

Hope Fernando has a good result tomorrow. Hope the track gets drenched.

Last edited:
:lol: @ you guys being scared cause Pastor qualified for 2nd.

I'm pretty sure he won't disappoint. It won't be him crashing on turn one.

^ It's the deadzone! If I try to brake late I hit the barriers! :lol: Check out my F1 2011 vid. Attacking can be done. Thanks though. Giving it another go in a few minutes.

Well, Pastor in front will keep the frontrunners on edge, definitely. But at least Grosjean is a few grid places back. :lol: :tongue:

Pastor on P2... Im not worried for people behind him but for Lewis in front of him. I hope he cant catch up to Lewis and Lewis avoids any potential crash from him. :lol:

and I liked the white lid. Lewis just looks like the white power ranger coming to save the day. :rofl:

Clean lap! I'm sure there are turns where you could have been a bit more aggressive (like T17), but 12secs is way too much... I'm blaming the game! 
laugh.gif

How bad is the deadzone?  Too little? 

^ It isn't as bad as the demo, but it is definitely noticeable. Enough to throw you off. There shouldn't be a deadzone, IMO. But I'd say it's currently about +/- 15 degrees or so. You don't feel the car shifting direction the way you'd want it to until you're about a quarter turn in; can't do minor corrections.

Had a bit more practice with the default setup. Turned down the force feedback and wheel weight. Now feels more like driving and less like wrestling the car around the circuit. Lapping in the 1m 48s range now. I know I should be more committed in my drive, but Turns 5, 8, 13, and 17 are quite tricky to go quick through. Very busy circuit that doesn't flow well. Easy to get thrown off and into the barriers. Oh well, more practice tomorrow. Lol.

By the way, if anyone is interested on seeing how good F1 2012's graphics are on the PC, this video gives you a pretty good idea of how it looks like. It looks slightly better than that in actuality.

EDIT: Would just like to add that F1 2012 has slightly better ButtKicker support compared to F1 2011 (which has none). You faintly feel the engine revs now. The kerbs can finally be felt. Not that great, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Interesting... 

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/09/22/drivers-asked-fia-to-shorten-singapore-race/
Drivers asked FIA to shorten Singapore race

Sep.22 (GMM) Formula 1 drivers have in the past asked the sport’s governing body – the FIA – to reduce the length of the Singapore grand prix.

Hot, humid and under artificial lights on a demanding street circuit, the event is regarded as perhaps the toughest physically on the entire 20-race F1 calendar.

Spanish veteran Pedro de la Rosa confirmed that description, even though this weekend is actually the HRT driver’s very first competitive taste of the Marina Bay layout.

“But I have been in several meetings of the GPDA and it is the only world championship circuit where there were people asking Charlie Whiting to reduce the number of laps,” he is quoted by Marca sports newspaper.

De la Rosa said Singapore is like Monaco in terms of “effort and concentration”, with the big difference being “humidity and distance”.

“Here (the race) is 309 kilometres, Monaco is 260,” he explained.

there cant be a deadzone in those, your in a Ferrari! :smokin but seriously youre right, its hard anticipate those corners especially if you don't have the feel of the car from moving.

even F1 is now infested with this sneaker hypebeastin! that Seb "galaxy" helmet is just stupid :lol: :lol:

De la Rosa is just too old for this track! my friend always says, him and Bernie were mates back in college :lol:

even F1 is now infested with this sneaker hypebeastin! that Seb "galaxy" helmet is just stupid

Kimi started it all. Dude even has tattoos now. :lol:

A very busy track that goes the other way around (anti-clockwise) in that kind of weather (gets worse in the wet) does seem really demanding on the drivers, especially for 61 laps. But, then again, they do get 2 weeks off before this grand prix, so I guess they should be well-rested before the race weekend, on top of being really fit at this point in the season (the 14th race already). Depending on the conditions of the track, it really can go either way for the race distance.

even F1 is now infested with this sneaker hypebeastin! that Seb "galaxy" helmet is just stupid :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

Yo Jenson's gf looks mad skinny :x

Watch out for Paul Di Resta qualifying in 6th :nerd:

I was kinda wrong when I said he gets all the poon lol. this is his gf :\ C'mon son! You can do better!

Pastor Maldonado on the other hand :smokin

Last edited:
i think Kimi has already a tattoo back when he was with mclaren. a subtle one in the wrist but its always covered by his watch.. the forearm tattoo i think he got it the year he won his WDC.
but i wont be surprised if Schumi start rock those flat bill fitted :lol:

1.5sec differential between the options and the primes, which is ridiculous... with the heat in SG, tire deg. will be very interesting.  Race strategy will be so critical tomorrow.  Pirelli are expecing 2 or 3 stops, so it'll be interesting to see how the teams will go about it... option, prime, option? Option, option, prime?  Mercedes also taking a gamble with starting on primes. I think they'll have 1 set each of a brand new set of options, which will be so important. 

The race isn't until 3 hours but Maldonado is getting me worried. I hope he squabbles with Vettel and Lewis gets a clean getaway.

How were the long runs for Mclaren in the practise sessions? I didn't get to watch them

@louis are you sure that's not Maldonado's sister in the picture?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, McLaren, Ferrari and RBR all had good high-fuel pace. The key will be tire-deg. 

For what its worth, Lewis complained about his tires going off towards the end of his stint, but his engineer told him that it wasn't as bad as what some of the other cars had to deal with... possibly meaning the other cars had a bigger drop-off at the end of their stints.  Who really knows?  haha.

In that first Maldo-pic, that's definitely his girlfriend.  Sky interviewed her after Barcelona.

Last edited:
Tried a 15 lap race at Melbourne in Career Mode in F1 2012. The lack of pace and grip of the primes compared to the options is definitely noticeable. Lewis Hamilton rammed me off the road since I was holding him up for most of the race, but I got the penalty. :lol: :stoneface: I was in 6th place (started 19th), too. :smh: >:

Tweaked the setup and wheel settings; it felt better. Still don't have the grip / pace of the AI drivers, though. They're really quick, too! Much quicker than last year's, no doubt.

Still an hour before the race. Going to watch the pre-race shows and have dinner for a bit. Hope we have a good race ahead.

Man, this race is boring so far. Without DRS it would be even more processional. :smh: :x

EDIT: Just as I say that... Lewis is out of the race. Gearbox failure. Horrible luck. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom