F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

We benefitted from their clash, but def feel for Checo on what was a great race for him.
Watching the slomos, looked like Carlos was more at fault, but it wasn't anything aggressive or malicious, of course.
Understandably wanted to move away from the wall after T2, but he probably couldn't see/expected Checo to also drift left... which is on Carlos.

Double-points finish for Williams and Ollie picking Hulk's pocket for that final point after the crash! 😮

Also, I must say that I like Benjamin and Chandhok as replacements for Croft and Brundle on the ESPN feed. I doubt I’ll ever sit through a full race of the other guy who does all the screaming over the YouTube clips.

Is it just me or had Sainz cleared the wall and he just kept drifting left for no reason??

rwfanatic rwfanatic the guy they had with Karun was really solid.

I’m team “anybody but Karun” on the broadcast.

But I fully agree on Jaques. I thought he was good when he did Formula E, but I can’t stand him now. He’s extremely campy and corny.

What don’t you like about Karun’s commentary?

He goes out of his way to create story lines that aren’t there. He’s unreasonably complementary of certain drivers while very hesitant to criticize others when it’s appropriate, and he isn’t as good at being insightful like Brundle, Palmer, Davidson, Coulthard, Rosberg etc. Coulthard is unapologetically biased as well but he at least makes an attempt to back it up with tangible facts for the most part.

There’s also that video with clear audio of Karun confessing to being biased from a few years ago.

Karun is a hack and I suspect that he’s bitter about how much of a failure his own career was.

He also gives insufferable “pick me” energy.

Is it just me or had Sainz cleared the wall and he just kept drifting left for no reason??

rwfanatic rwfanatic the guy they had with Karun was really solid.

I’m team “anybody but Karun” on the broadcast.

But I fully agree on Jaques. I thought he was good when he did Formula E, but I can’t stand him now. He’s extremely campy and corny.

Perez said in his post race interview that Carlos was moving over to the left to try and get the tow from Charles. It really looks like it too when you watch the onboards and replays. Plus, when they synched the on board cameras, Carlos looks over to his left mirror about a half second or more before they touch so he had to have seen him there.

He probably just thought Perez would drift to the left with him, but it seems to me it’s all on Carlos.

Crazy race. If Lando doesn't win the WDC this year then Oscar will make it tough moving forward. Great racing from both Charles and Oscar. It was all clean without the risk of yield or we both crash like a certain driver.

Great drive from Lando despite the bad luck from quali. He still has a chance but he needs to win Singapore because we all know the Red Bull struggles at that track.

Merc was in nowhere this weekend. Russ lucked into the podium due Checo and Sainz taking a trip to the shadow realm but Lewis was struggling to pass Bearman in the Haas. That dive into T1 was clean tho :pimp:

I think the Checo and Sainz incident was a racing incident. Unfortunate but it was great drama.

Perez said in his post race interview that Carlos was moving over to the left to try and get the tow from Charles. It really looks like it too when you watch the onboards and replays. Plus, when they synched the on board cameras, Carlos looks over to his left mirror about a half second or more before they touch so he had to have seen him there.

He probably just thought Perez would drift to the left with him, but it seems to me it’s all on Carlos.

They were both trying to get the tow from Charles, Carlos had to move over because the track narrows and Checo was holding a straight line that would have had him crashing into Carlos regardless. I'd still say racing incident despite the fact that Checo was the driver behind, and had plenty of space to his left, but he can argue he didn't see Carlos moving over because of the sunlight but he was also just trying to stay behind Charles for the tow.

Crazy race. If Lando doesn't win the WDC this year then Oscar will make it tough moving forward. Great racing from both Charles and Oscar. It was all clean without the risk of yield or we both crash like a certain driver.

Great drive from Lando despite the bad luck from quali. He still has a chance but he needs to win Singapore because we all know the Red Bull struggles at that track.

Merc was in nowhere this weekend. Russ lucked into the podium due Checo and Sainz taking a trip to the shadow realm but Lewis was struggling to pass Bearman in the Haas. That dive into T1 was clean tho :pimp:

I think the Checo and Sainz incident was a racing incident. Unfortunate but it was great drama.
While it'll still be a very long shot for Lando this season (a lot has to go right for him, while a lot has to go wrong for Max), it'll only get tougher from now on after Oscar's "statement" race. Glad McLaren fought Renault hard to pry Oscar away from them, but having 2 top drivers on the same team will be tricky! And we all know how that went for them the last time around! Right now, I'm not gonna even bother looking at the WDC. I just want the WCC cuz it's much more realistic.

Lewis mentioned on the radio to the team something like "see how I have to drive this car?"... I wonder what he meant? Certainly sounded like it was a handful for him.

Checo vs Carlos - interesting analysis by Jol, as always. And good point on the low sun. It was hard identifying the cars on TV with the glare and all. Sitting that low, it would have been very tricky I imagine.

They were both trying to get the tow from Charles, Carlos had to move over because the track narrows and Checo was holding a straight line that would have had him crashing into Carlos regardless. I'd still say racing incident despite the fact that Checo was the driver behind, and had plenty of space to his left, but he can argue he didn't see Carlos moving over because of the sunlight but he was also just trying to stay behind Charles for the tow.

Sainz clearly checked his mirror and still moved left.

Perez could have given more space, but Sainz still saw Perez there and consciously turned into him causing the collision.

Thankfully, Sainz has relegated himself towards the back of the grid for ‘25 onwards 😂

Sainz clearly checked his mirror and still moved left.

Perez could have given more space, but Sainz still saw Perez there and consciously turned into him causing the collision.

Thankfully, Sainz has relegated himself towards the back of the grid for ‘25 onwards 😂

Don't sleep on Williams getting their **** together by 26'. Vowles is going to get things right.

Don't sleep on Williams getting their **** together by 26'. Vowles is going to get things right.

Fair and possible.

But despite Vowles efforts, aren’t they still operating at an infrastructural disadvantage? Years of underinvestment usually doesn’t just resolve itself in a 3 year window.

IMG_0618.jpeg

WTF

"With what he's saying, I don't like how he's expressed it, saying that rappers is very stereotypical," Hamilton said. "You think about most rappers are Black. That really kind points it towards, when it says we're not like them.

Welp... just the cycle of F1... teams come up with clever grey-area-loophole solutions... opposition asks for 'clarity'... solution gets written out of the rules. Lather, rinse, repeat. This time it's McLaren, which I guess is nice to be on this side of things. It's been a while!
At least they got to use it for a few races! 😅

Pole... get in!💪
But also, the curse! 😩

Max and Lewis be like "We have Lando right where we want him" 😅

What happened to Osc tho?! 😩

Back
Top Bottom