Facebook Buys Instagram For 1 Billion Dollars...

1 billion for a company with very little monetization, this was purchased for straight media dominance. Pinterest is the next big social startup, but at least it has ways to monetize.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Good thing I never jumped on zee bandwagon.

laugh.gif

For people who have deleted/deactivated FB, were you accepting/sending out any and all friend requests, no matter if you
knew these people or not
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
?

Good for Instragram.. Privacy now will be a concern. Where photos are taken. What's being photographed. Who's sharing with who or who's viewing them. That's obviously some very powerful INFO for Facebook. Yikes.

Originally Posted by DMan14

fb becoming like walmart with the takeover

they already got the same color scheme. Makes for a seamless integration in the future.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

why do people hate FB so much on here?
laugh.gif
This,the problem should be with the people you add and accept. Nothing wrong with fb by itself

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Betttterrrr for my business!...now google will easily pick up all the photography I post through instagram...love it....people who hate FB are doing it wrong and need to delete all those crap friends that annoy them, that'll make the experience better...how can you hate a database that only show you what the people you are already supposed to know are doing, must mean you hate your friends too...

same here as well. Gonna have to upload my entire Flickr photostream on there. By the way, follow me @justforsneaks07

See this is what I'm against.
ohwell.gif
I get and understand that you want exposure for your business but it's taking the integrity out of what the app was made for and killing it slowly. I know technology is always improving but things should be separate to allow for spontaneous @#%% to still happen. I've seen some beautiful shots taken on ppls iPhones and a filter here or there was used but it's still a quick snap for the moment.

What's preventing you from using instagram as you wish and others as they wish?...this is what I'm saying that your experience with these social medias is as good or bad as you make it, people complain about stupid statuses, stupid people...well delete them, block those statuses from popping up on your newsfeed, problem solved...I don't see anything wrong with business owners to use every social medium possible to promote their business, it's the only way for new businesses to make it/survive nowadays....you are only against it because you don't use social networks for that....ask anyone in here that has their own little gig how important it is to be able to use google to their advantage...SEO is top priority, posting your work/product in these public sites/forums is very important when google will pick them up much easier, I'm all for young small businesses and what it takes for them to succeed.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

laugh.gif
This,the problem should be with the people you add and accept. Nothing wrong with fb by itself
Disagree, fb sucks and it's not because of the people you have on your friend's list. 

Originally Posted by killahcam06

laugh.gif
Disagree, fb sucks and it's not because of the people you have on your friend's list. 

So then why?
roll.gif
Straight comedy...

Zuckerberg just can't leave ANY stone untouched huh? Instagram is amazing.. now it's gonna be filled with advertisements and BS things like FB. Sigh. Time to get the jetpack.

Spoiler [+]
Just+_ac2001e1aa0e47478bd3c9ea75c33998.jpg

roll.gif

I seriously NEVER even notice the advertisements on FB...every big social medium needs ads, look at your beloved Niketalk, ya sound straight foolish.

laugh.gif

I disagree. Facebook sucks cause your friends personas on the net is worse then it is in real person. I know people that literally have alter egos on Facebook and seem angry 24/7. I guess that is just me but thank god I learned to not look at the news feed no more.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I disagree. Facebook sucks cause your friends personas on the net is worse then it is in real person. I know people that literally have alter egos on Facebook and seem angry 24/7. I guess that is just me but thank god I learned to not look at the news feed no more.

THANK YOU! People act as if random strangers statuses pop up on their newsfeed and mess up their experiences...NO, you either requested or accepted these people who are making your experience with FB crap.

I think with any social media, you will have to deal with people that you will not necessarily like. Facebook is bad in some ways but I think Twitter is way worse and even Instagram to a certain degree. I follow only a certain amount of celebs on Instagram and yet, each has ranted on how there are people that use their comments for their own gain.

What makes Instagram better to me is just the feed and how it is all photos and not quotes, links or other such things that you will find on Facebook and Twitter.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Zuck's the man. Next up: Twitter?!?
Twitter wont sell out to Facebook. Twitter is Facebook's only real competition, and honestly if there is one site that can take Facebook down and become the omega, its Twitter. 
Google has a better chance of buying out Twitter than Facebook does. If twitter were to allow Facebook to buy them out then they better get a TON of money. Twitter itself is valued around 8-10 billion so a simple "Hey we'll give you some cash and stocks" wont work them over as easily as Instagram. 

Instagram better not change though. The best part about instagram was that it was an escape from the madness of social media. It was a nice little closed community of iphone users who could share photo's together and nobody worried about followers, likes, or "tweetgrams" like they are now. It's only about to get worse on there so #@!$ it. I guess this might really be the beginning of the end. 

We still have Viddy though 
smokin.gif

And The last thing people should be worried about on Instagram is ads. The facebook mobile apps don't have ads, so neither will instagram. Instagram doesn't have an actual website to login to and surf so ads are the least you guys should be worried about. You should be worried about privacy... 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

same here as well. Gonna have to upload my entire Flickr photostream on there. By the way, follow me @justforsneaks07

See this is what I'm against.
ohwell.gif
I get and understand that you want exposure for your business but it's taking the integrity out of what the app was made for and killing it slowly. I know technology is always improving but things should be separate to allow for spontaneous @#%% to still happen. I've seen some beautiful shots taken on ppls iPhones and a filter here or there was used but it's still a quick snap for the moment.

What's preventing you from using instagram as you wish and others as they wish?...this is what I'm saying that your experience with these social medias is as good or bad as you make it, people complain about stupid statuses, stupid people...well delete them, block those statuses from popping up on your newsfeed, problem solved...I don't see anything wrong with business owners to use every social medium possible to promote their business, it's the only way for new businesses to make it/survive nowadays....you are only against it because you don't use social networks for that....ask anyone in here that has their own little gig how important it is to be able to use google to their advantage...SEO is top priority, posting your work/product in these public sites/forums is very important when google will pick them up much easier, I'm all for young small businesses and what it takes for them to succeed.

dude you don't know what I do for a living and I probably know more about SEO than you do in my sleep and getting my clients seen where they need to be seen on social networks is what i do but I also understand why the app was created and what grew from it without the extra %%%%. Yeah there is money to be made but the purity of the app has been compromised.

Back
Top Bottom