Fact or Fiction: Has There Been a More Detailed Shoe Released by JB Since These:

jordan_xvii_3.jpg

air-jordan-17-xvii-original-og-white-varsity-red-charcoal.jpg

air-jordan-17-xvii-original-og-white-college-blue-black-5.png

air-jordan-17-xvii-original-og-black-metallic-silver-a-9.jpg

pimp.gif
Not to take away from the XVIII-2K9's, but the design andperformance of these were awesome. An extremely underrated shoe IMO. I beat the black pair into the ground after begging my parents to my them for me back in'02. Got them on sale for $165 too. But anyways, discuss.

As far as detail goes I think the 23's were way more detailed, from Mike's thumb print being the sole, and I may be wrong but I also think there wassomething inside the 23's that could only be seen with a black light, in addition to all the other things that were included in the 23's.

In my opinion these were the all time greatest performance Jordan. Some will argue there were more comfortable, better looking models, but in terms ofdurability, on court performance, reliability and just overall "completeness" as a shoe, this to me was the greatest shoe in the Jordan line from atrue "basketball" perspective.

Aesthetically and casually there were more detailed releases and I think the XX and XX3 tried to make more innovative steps with the IPS and structural designof the XX3 upper, but neither of those attempts (to me) improved on what the XVII brought to the table.

I have always felt that the most unfortunate issue with any Jordan shoe was the slipping problem on the XVIII's. Those were the ultimate in comfort (again,in my opinion) and are still great to wear casually, but the insole slips inside the shoe when you move laterally and the performance wasn't there like itwas with the XVII.

Great, great shoe and an excellent post OP. I know there will be very few who agree with me, but the white/college blue is probably my favorite shoe in theentire Jordan line when all factors are considered (performance, durability, aesthetics, etc.).

These are very detailed and nice.

But I gotta give it up to the 23's as far as "detail".

17's are very underrated, but then again, a DS pair goes for an arm and a leg.

I beat up one of my White/Blue pairs on the court, as well as a white/red pair, they were great for ball.
pimp.gif

I regret selling my DS set of White/Blue, and White/Red pair.
frown.gif

I never got the highs, never liked them back then. Especially for how much they cost. I never was a fan of the shroud.

I have the lows though, and I always felt they were slept on.

Wouldn't mind them being retroed.

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

In my opinion these were the all time greatest performance Jordan. Some will argue there were more comfortable, better looking models, but in terms of durability, on court performance, reliability and just overall "completeness" as a shoe, this to me was the greatest shoe in the Jordan line from a true "basketball" perspective.

Aesthetically and casually there were more detailed releases and I think the XX and XX3 tried to make more innovative steps with the IPS and structural design of the XX3 upper, but neither of those attempts (to me) improved on what the XVII brought to the table.

I have always felt that the most unfortunate issue with any Jordan shoe was the slipping problem on the XVIII's. Those were the ultimate in comfort (again, in my opinion) and are still great to wear casually, but the insole slips inside the shoe when you move laterally and the performance wasn't there like it was with the XVII.

Great, great shoe and an excellent post OP. I know there will be very few who agree with me, but the white/college blue is probably my favorite shoe in the entire Jordan line when all factors are considered (performance, durability, aesthetics, etc.).

Thanks man. I never could really get into the white/blue colorway. I have both the black/silver and white/red colorways and my favorite is definitely thewhite/red. Copped them a couple of weeks ago NDS for 185. Will post pics later when I get back in.

Originally Posted by tjames2582

As far as detail goes I think the 23's were way more detailed, from Mike's thumb print being the sole, and I may be wrong but I also think there was something inside the 23's that could only be seen with a black light, in addition to all the other things that were included in the 23's.

anyone know if this is true?? if so please tell....

Originally Posted by GreatAbyss43

As far as detail goes I think the 23's were way more detailed, from Mike's thumb print being the sole, and I may be wrong but I also think there was something inside the 23's that could only be seen with a black light, in addition to all the other things that were included in the 23's.

I think that was with the XXIs

Originally Posted by GreatAbyss43

I know the XX1's did - the circle on the ankle on the inner side of the foot had something written on it. I'm not aware of the XX3 havinganything on it.

I WOULD GLADLY PAY GOOD MONEY FOR A DEADSTOCK OR NEAR DEADSTOCK PAIR OF THOSE WHT/BLK/BLUE 17S UP THERE RIGHT NOW.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i got a deadstock white/red 17's what there going for now
I caught a vnds pair with the case on ebay a couple of months back for less than $55 shipped. But it could have been the presentation causeI've seen pairs go for about 2 bills.

I remember getting the college blues for $120 from Finishline and I was SO HYPE. Wore them for a while then beat them to death on the outdoor courts. Amazingshoe IMO.

I can see where you are coming from with your argument, but I too believe the XX and the XX3 are more detailed. I would put the XVII's third though.
The XX"s introduced a new cushioning system and the lasering was done very well IMO, every picture on it was related to MJ some how and the XX3 with thefinger print outsole, and the shoe made with no glue, all of that I think is more detailed, but like I said after those two I would then say the XVII.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I caught a vnds pair with the case on ebay a couple of months back for less than $55 shipped. But it could have been the presentation cause I've seen pairs go for about 2 bills.

i have seen the white/red go for more then $330.00 deadstock with case lace locks locks covers and cd

the 17s are my all time favorite sneakers , they are highly underrated. i love everything about them, they look great and feel comfortable as well. i have toadmit that the 23s had more detail to them but ill take any pair of 17s over the 23s

Originally Posted by JarnailSingh23

the blue ones were nicee...
jordan-17-pic%5Cjordan17.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but ...... I Just Want These.
pimp.gif

Michael_Jordan_bbf0.jpg

lol..i feel u tho, but how did u go 4rm xvii dwn to xi? those xi are those joints tho..im in search of a DS pair of cgxi's..there's rumors of themdropn this year but idk, we'll see..i have the cgxi, but not DS and not icy. but neway, bak2 the xvii, i got the cdp xvii and balld in them..the eyeletswere falln out in sum of them. i GAVE them away2 my cuz..i dnt feel2 bad tho, theyre only the cdp's..as4 the pics, i love the wht/red cw...

I caught a vnds pair with the case on ebay a couple of months back for less than $55 shipped. But it could have been the presentation cause I've seen pairs go for about 2 bills.

i have seen the white/red go for more then $330.00 deadstock with case lace locks locks covers and cd

SOMEONE REALLY OVERPAID. GOING RATE IS ABOUT $185 TO $200

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

SOMEONE REALLY OVERPAID. GOING RATE IS ABOUT $185 TO $200

You'd be surprised. These are somewhat rare nowadays.

You are not getting a deadstock pair for under $260.

Back
Top Bottom