Fafsa

How are you complete the Fafsa with info from a paycheck? I've done it 4 times for the 4 yrs I've been in college and I remember them asking questionsstraight from the W2. IE..'insert amount on number 4, line B".

Ask your mom to do her taxes so you can take full advantage of what grants/loans are available to you. She should be all for helping to save you some money.

FYI...the sooner you do it, the more you'll get. I forgot to do it on my 3rd year, and did it pretty late..a couple of months than when I should'vedone it and got less than half of what I get on the other 3 yrs.

you can't fill it out from a paycheck, you need the tax forms. if she doesn't have them as of yet, then just wait until she gets them. I think theapplication stays open for pretty long, so no need to worry. might want to double check that, though.

I don't use my parents info and I'm still waiting on my W-2.

I only worked for 2 months last year, and got 2 months of unemployment so I should beraking in the financial aid.

^ I think you can't do that. The counselor told me you can't declare yourself independent unless you're older than 21 or something like that.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

^ I think you can't do that. The counselor told me you can't declare yourself independent unless you're older than 21 or something like that.

laugh.gif
I'm 25.

^ what he said. Im using my parents 2006 tax return since it gives a better estimate. You can ALWAYS update it later if you remember. They will send you alot of stuff to fill out to make it more accurate but its like saving your place in line in a way. Im currently working on my fafsa right now.

when you do it online, there is a question where you can answer "will file" as well.

Originally Posted by MAYOR of NYC

my mother doesnt give a #+%% about me..is there anyway to do it on my own?

Man that sucks. But the fasfa ask for both your parents info. Or if you're over 21 (in california I think its 23 or so) then you can claim yourselfas a independent. But if you do that they start asking you all these bs questions.
OP: you got plenty of time to do your fasfa. Your mom can file her taxes today and you'll get the info. I would just wait.

Originally Posted by super roach

Originally Posted by MAYOR of NYC

my mother doesnt give a #+%% about me..is there anyway to do it on my own?

Man that sucks. But the fasfa ask for both your parents info. Or if you're over 21 (in california I think its 23 or so) then you can claim yourself as a independent. But if you do that they start asking you all these bs questions.
OP: you got plenty of time to do your fasfa. Your mom can file her taxes today and you'll get the info. I would just wait.

man i dont even know my father..duke lives in the virgin islands...and moms a deadbeat...%**@ is ******ed
prob doesn't after you embarrassed yah self on the internet blowin up your house phone josh

some NTers just dont know when to take somthing seriously and dead the jokes for a day
smh.gif

My parents dnt make over 100k a yr but i never try for these kind of things because i always get turned down.

I wanna know...how can you claim independent...i was starting to fill mines out using my income..but w/ the questions they was asking me they made me adependent....is there anyway around this?

^ there are certain questions if you answer yes to it makes you an independent ... like with me i answered yes to providing half or more support for a child(my daughter) then the screen came up that said I'm able to file independently. so i guess just answer no to everything.

Originally Posted by wj4

FYI...the sooner you do it, the more you'll get. I forgot to do it on my 3rd year, and did it pretty late..a couple of months than when I should've done it and got less than half of what I get on the other 3 yrs.

i'm not sure if this is completely true. i got the same scholarships/grants/loans offered to me my freshman year when i sent it on the first day, as idid when i applied at the end of january for the rest of my college years.

Does anyone know how long it takes for you to get a PIN? I'm done with my FAFSA I'm waiting for my mom's PIN to come in.

Back
Top Bottom