roll.gif
i love niketalk
OP got so mad lmao "f niketalk"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just read through this whole thread...
indifferent.gif
@ OP

Stop saying NT "supports" fakes. That just isn't true at all. If the Mods/Admins were able to control the them, you wouldn't see fake sneakerads. Who actually pays attention to the ads anyway?

^put those in the legit check forum not here buddy!
haha just messin. its not like anyone on here is going to click on those and buy some fakes....no one here is that stupid

damn, i didnt expect dood to get roasted for so many pages. i actually thought the same thing the other day when i saw the red xi's pictured above. i knowmethod man said nt doesnt condone the fake ads, i'm just glad i didnt ask!

and btw, is that the final answer? that the admin and mods are against the fakes but wont do anything about the ads because it pays the bills? op has a validpoint though

Although this has been discussed many times over now, let me explain how our advertising works for those still unfamiliar:

Our advertising is currently arranged by our hosting company, Yuku/Kickapps. They rely on a number of ad networks to fill our ad space, like Google AdSense. We've never done business with any counterfeiter. They purchase ads via AdSense and other networks, whichthen serve those ads on millions of websites, including ours.

The fault lies with the ad networks for their failure to adequately screen out illicit business operations attempting to purchase advertising through theirservice. The only way for us to find out that a counterfeit seller has purchased ads through one of these networks is to see it in our own ad units. At thatpoint, we have to take it up with the ad networks in attempt to have the ad pulled from the rotation.

That's something you can do, too. All ads served by AdSense include an "ads by google" link, as seen below:
7c115f60a1b9f220c80c4d59714f60459fa51f7.jpg

Click that link, indicate that you have a problem with the ads, and give them the URL of the counterfeit seller's website.

and btw, is that the final answer? that the admin and mods are against the fakes but wont do anything about the ads because it pays the bills? op has a valid point though
We have these ads removed regularly from our rotation. The problem is that there isn't just ONE fake seller out there. When you shut onedown, that same business can purchase another domain. It's Nike's responsibility to take legal action and put these businesses out of commission forgood. All we can do is react to the ads as they appear and have them removed. Unfortunately, for each one we take down, another appears to take its place. So, for those not paying attention to the domains, it may seem like we haven't done anything when, in fact, we've reported hundreds of domains to date.

NikeTalk does a great deal to combat counterfeits. Our buy/sell guides volunteer thousands of hours of their free time to help prevent fakes from being listedon our website - and good luck finding another free service where listings are PERSONALLY reviewed by experts to help keep you safe. We've alwaysprohibited the promotion of fakes in our forums and we introduced price/legit check subforums to further assist inexperienced collectors and sneaker fans inavoiding counterfeit products.

We've done a tremendous amount on that front, and tell me what we've received in return? The sneaker companies benefit from all that work. Sneakercollectors benefit from all that work. Our staff, however, does not. We derive no compensation from our involvement with NT. All of our ad revenues beyondthe cost of hosting are donated to charity. If we don't run any ads at all, we can't cover our costs and have no choice but to shut down the site. Wealready donate hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of labor to keep the site up - I don't think it's fair to ask the staff to spend tens ofthousands to pay for hosting.

Ideally, we'd like to get into direct ad sales and select only trustworthy and reliable sponsors to advertise through our site. However, even if we'reable to make those arrangements we still have far more real estate on our forums than most websites. We can sell ads on our front page and within specificforums, but any unsold inventory will still need to be filled using ad networks.

We're using trusted ad networks to help us provide for hosting costs and our charitable donations and doing all we can to have ads for counterfeit productsremoved from the rotation. What we're doing is not only legal, but we're going above and beyond our responsibilities to help. The fault really restswith the ad networks for prizing automation to the point where they're failing to screen out ads for illegal businesses and with Nike for their bafflinginability to adequately combat counterfeits. We know that Nike employees constantly monitor websites like ours as a means of consumer research. Why theycan't pass along counterfeit webstore locations to their legal teams is beyond me. They're the ones whose copyrights are being violated.

I find it interesting that we're expected to do for an enormous global corporation like Nike - for free - what they fail to adequately do for themselves. We're doing the best we can given our constraints. I wish I could say the same for every other party involved.

thanks for the response meth. i had no idea we could report the content ourselves, seems simple and quick to do as well.

Not a surprise admin wants us to do the work for them

Ads for fake Jordans are wack, no getting around it with a long-winded speech
the anticipated luxury of solace from fakes is not found here

a lot of "well, but"(s)

makes site less credible

don't sensor the truth

That's something you can do, too. All ads served by AdSense include an "ads by google" link, as seen below:
7c115f60a1b9f220c80c4d59714f60459fa51f7.jpg

Click that link, indicate that you have a problem with the ads, and give them the URL of the counterfeit seller's website.

There you go my dude Jmcfly23.
Now lets see you put this thread and explantion to use.

Not a surprise admin wants us to do the work for them
Not a surprise, somebody who was banned for posting a racist "joke" has a grudge against the staff. You seem to feel incrediblyentitled for someone gifted probationary status by JRose last month.

What, pray tell, do I owe you?

For that matter: what would you have us do to eliminate the fake ads? Pull all the ad networks entirely and let the site go under? Charge users subscriptionfees to stay afloat?
While you're mulling that one over, riddle me this: who has done more to combat fake sneakers over the years - for free - than the NikeTalk staff?

Take your time with those. I'll wait.

I think you should admit fault for permitting the wack ads
not just rationalize them

like "Ya, it is wack, your right..."
instead you are holier than thou, like you always are dude

and you may disagree, but I know nothing of you personally,
beside the fact that you areby far the most aloof admin member

and i have the right to disagree with you on this specific topic

paint the picture of me you want for your audience
you always hide behide that silly shield helmet anyway

i still tend to wonder if you ever even have any retros in the first place

ps-no reflection on JRose, he is the same cat that posts the release dates
and knows shoes, and has sense, yes sense, nothing to regret...

Back
Top Bottom