Fall 2011 Sportswear Cross Training Scans- Bo SC II OG C/W, Griffey jr & II, & Trainer Max (94&97)

From a reliable source
pimp.gif

d8325a54bc6c9cb3c14b6349286e098e59ef187.jpg

ccb1524e6dc2cfb6153059979c38b2d5d79ba3f.jpg

-----------------
Quick first impressions: I've been telling some other guys. You take the good with the bad here.

-Trainer Max 2 '94: The white/blue.black colorway is interesting. It's not a OG colorway persay. But if you look at the catalogs for that era, there is a model titled "Alpha Trainer", which was basically a second or third tier branch off of the signature trainer max 2. So it's a bit of a nice surprise to see an era like colorway appear on a shoe that's very similar. +1 for Nike in that regard. Where they lose out, Throwing in the black out shoes is just so tacky. And then your thoughtless white grey orange pair. I think a trained monkey picked out the color placement.
- Trainer SC II: You get an original colorway SC II, But it's likely the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th most wanted in the White Grey Black model. "INFRAREDS OR NOTHING!", Some would say. Then the tease factor comes with the total orange colorway on the far right. You get all the orange accent elements right, and then you throw in an almost black toebox
laugh.gif

-Field Trainer has a late 70s or early 80s vibe. Not real sure if that's a retro of an original. Looks to be a soccer casual lowtop. White grey black colorway isn't too bad
- Jr: We've known about the summer release since about September, so this other colorway is a nice surprise. Black with freshwater accents. You can't beat that
-Trainer Max: This one dates back to 1996-1997. Some call it the bulldog pair, if im not mistaken. OG colorways included White/black/neon, white/navy blue/red. and white/navy/canyon yellow. It appears this is the first retro of this model. Although it seems like a few LS colorways were created just a short while ago, this could be because they sat on ebay for 8 years. I'm a bit surprised by this. You could get some FSRs for below retail. White/grey/neon is a nice twist on the original colorway. and the other color is an OG colorway.
-Griffey Max II: I'm not sure if this one is inspired by this original colorway or not.. It seems way off, and way too generic.. Long live the OG
http://www.kixclusive.com/images/product/medium/334_1_.jpg

Overall, Satisfactory effort here. The accoumulation of colorways that mean nothing, do nothing but saturate the market with crap. I find that unacceptable.

From a reliable source
pimp.gif

d8325a54bc6c9cb3c14b6349286e098e59ef187.jpg

ccb1524e6dc2cfb6153059979c38b2d5d79ba3f.jpg

-----------------
Quick first impressions: I've been telling some other guys. You take the good with the bad here.

-Trainer Max 2 '94: The white/blue.black colorway is interesting. It's not a OG colorway persay. But if you look at the catalogs for that era, there is a model titled "Alpha Trainer", which was basically a second or third tier branch off of the signature trainer max 2. So it's a bit of a nice surprise to see an era like colorway appear on a shoe that's very similar. +1 for Nike in that regard. Where they lose out, Throwing in the black out shoes is just so tacky. And then your thoughtless white grey orange pair. I think a trained monkey picked out the color placement.
- Trainer SC II: You get an original colorway SC II, But it's likely the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th most wanted in the White Grey Black model. "INFRAREDS OR NOTHING!", Some would say. Then the tease factor comes with the total orange colorway on the far right. You get all the orange accent elements right, and then you throw in an almost black toebox
laugh.gif

-Field Trainer has a late 70s or early 80s vibe. Not real sure if that's a retro of an original. Looks to be a soccer casual lowtop. White grey black colorway isn't too bad
- Jr: We've known about the summer release since about September, so this other colorway is a nice surprise. Black with freshwater accents. You can't beat that
-Trainer Max: This one dates back to 1996-1997. Some call it the bulldog pair, if im not mistaken. OG colorways included White/black/neon, white/navy blue/red. and white/navy/canyon yellow. It appears this is the first retro of this model. Although it seems like a few LS colorways were created just a short while ago, this could be because they sat on ebay for 8 years. I'm a bit surprised by this. You could get some FSRs for below retail. White/grey/neon is a nice twist on the original colorway. and the other color is an OG colorway.
-Griffey Max II: I'm not sure if this one is inspired by this original colorway or not.. It seems way off, and way too generic.. Long live the OG
http://www.kixclusive.com/images/product/medium/334_1_.jpg

Overall, Satisfactory effort here. The accoumulation of colorways that mean nothing, do nothing but saturate the market with crap. I find that unacceptable.

good $#!t Wally 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nice to see them attempting those white Griffey 2's, i regret not getting that cw.

good $#!t Wally 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nice to see them attempting those white Griffey 2's, i regret not getting that cw.

Can't wait for the Griffey 2's and Jr's! Now let's see how long it takes for a post for each individual shoe from this post to pop up.

Can't wait for the Griffey 2's and Jr's! Now let's see how long it takes for a post for each individual shoe from this post to pop up.

I saw a Neon 95 inspired version of the AM JR in Oregon and I must say iot's just too much going on with the shoe. I understand that it worked for the 24-7 but the height of the upper and the runner 360 base just didn't flow at all. I think it maybe, probably could've been better had they used the basketball-specific 360 setup instead.

The shoe just seemed like it was destined to be a Footaction exclusive and for Mom & Pop stores.

I saw a Neon 95 inspired version of the AM JR in Oregon and I must say iot's just too much going on with the shoe. I understand that it worked for the 24-7 but the height of the upper and the runner 360 base just didn't flow at all. I think it maybe, probably could've been better had they used the basketball-specific 360 setup instead.

The shoe just seemed like it was destined to be a Footaction exclusive and for Mom & Pop stores.

The JRs, I believe there are 3 other "confirmed" summer 2011 colorways that have been public for awhile.
http://sneakernews.com/2010/09/21/nike-air-max-jr-summer-2011/
Among them, that am95 inspired type upper colorway.
This is the first one that actually attempts to be a Seattle Mariner type colorway, or an ode to the griffey 1 freshwaters.

I might as well post this here. Sneakerfreaker.com has a great museum section at their website. Just tons of catalog scans, trying to capture every colorway known to man.
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museum/

Here is the 1994 air alpha trainer
Air-Alpha-Trainer-Mid-island-Teal--American-Blue-173038-103-173038-102-1large.jpg

SO it's like a two for one, or best of both worlds scenario. No one wants a second tier retro when you could have the "trainer max 2" signature. So why not get some colorways from the lower tiers and bump them up. It's a genius move imho.

On the SC trainer II front, you get the middle pair here (minus the black ripstop near the midsole)
Air-Trainer-Sc-High-brittany-Blue--Medium-Grey-6810-6811-1large.jpg

For the shoe named only as Trainer Max, you've got these OGs:
5d025e64ab603c57cb8b972af35fa6103df010f.JPG

It appears the pair on the left here is the canyon gold pair in the scans.. The most notable c/w is absent. The one in the middle. But with White/Grey/Neon, it's close.

Why call them the bulldogs? Pair on Ebay seems to indicate the bottoms had a logo of a bulldog
17e35139409165e1c9c9c476ba1383cb7928633.JPG

And lastly, the griffey max II.

Ebay has a GS pair that looks like the one we'll be getting
544258d4de659cf9c0db0f49769b3a194dcbf66.JPG

How you gonna be replicating a child's model as the OG RETRO?? Nike, you fail at a lot of things.

Griffeys shouldve looked like this
334_1_.jpg

And lastly, the "You missed the JACKPOT on this ONE"
Air-Trainer-Sc-Low-lava-Orange-6815-1large.jpg

Total Orange or lava orange as it was stated on the originals only came in the LOW. Nike wouldve turned people upside down in excitment if you had just made the toebox and ankle GREY instead of black. Black does nothing to the colorway. An ORANGE ACCENTED upper HIGH retro wouldve gave me a heart attack.. And yes, one or two color changes can destroy a model

I OD on the info sometimes.. sue me.

A "Dream" PS.
eek.gif
Get with the program Nike
b9715c4a64cacbbbbfc9c94701b1561e69b6698.jpg

THE ABOVE PHOTO IS A PHOTOSHOP!
laugh.gif
. I've seen a few blogs pick up on this. Thanks for the compliment, but please READ before just posting all these images everywhere
laugh.gif
. Maybe Nike will be forced to release these now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The JRs, I believe there are 3 other "confirmed" summer 2011 colorways that have been public for awhile.
http://sneakernews.com/2010/09/21/nike-air-max-jr-summer-2011/
Among them, that am95 inspired type upper colorway.
This is the first one that actually attempts to be a Seattle Mariner type colorway, or an ode to the griffey 1 freshwaters.

I might as well post this here. Sneakerfreaker.com has a great museum section at their website. Just tons of catalog scans, trying to capture every colorway known to man.
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museum/

Here is the 1994 air alpha trainer
Air-Alpha-Trainer-Mid-island-Teal--American-Blue-173038-103-173038-102-1large.jpg

SO it's like a two for one, or best of both worlds scenario. No one wants a second tier retro when you could have the "trainer max 2" signature. So why not get some colorways from the lower tiers and bump them up. It's a genius move imho.

On the SC trainer II front, you get the middle pair here (minus the black ripstop near the midsole)
Air-Trainer-Sc-High-brittany-Blue--Medium-Grey-6810-6811-1large.jpg

For the shoe named only as Trainer Max, you've got these OGs:
5d025e64ab603c57cb8b972af35fa6103df010f.JPG

It appears the pair on the left here is the canyon gold pair in the scans.. The most notable c/w is absent. The one in the middle. But with White/Grey/Neon, it's close.

Why call them the bulldogs? Pair on Ebay seems to indicate the bottoms had a logo of a bulldog
17e35139409165e1c9c9c476ba1383cb7928633.JPG

And lastly, the griffey max II.

Ebay has a GS pair that looks like the one we'll be getting
544258d4de659cf9c0db0f49769b3a194dcbf66.JPG

How you gonna be replicating a child's model as the OG RETRO?? Nike, you fail at a lot of things.

Griffeys shouldve looked like this
334_1_.jpg

And lastly, the "You missed the JACKPOT on this ONE"
Air-Trainer-Sc-Low-lava-Orange-6815-1large.jpg

Total Orange or lava orange as it was stated on the originals only came in the LOW. Nike wouldve turned people upside down in excitment if you had just made the toebox and ankle GREY instead of black. Black does nothing to the colorway. An ORANGE ACCENTED upper HIGH retro wouldve gave me a heart attack.. And yes, one or two color changes can destroy a model

I OD on the info sometimes.. sue me.

A "Dream" PS.
eek.gif
Get with the program Nike
b9715c4a64cacbbbbfc9c94701b1561e69b6698.jpg

THE ABOVE PHOTO IS A PHOTOSHOP!
laugh.gif
. I've seen a few blogs pick up on this. Thanks for the compliment, but please READ before just posting all these images everywhere
laugh.gif
. Maybe Nike will be forced to release these now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They changed the Griffey II Royals? I'm not getting those so no worries but they better not mess around on the Freshwater pair.

The SCII. What's with the 'pack' colors first? Hot Lime and Infrared first and foremost.

They changed the Griffey II Royals? I'm not getting those so no worries but they better not mess around on the Freshwater pair.

The SCII. What's with the 'pack' colors first? Hot Lime and Infrared first and foremost.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

other than the black tongue being changed to white, i can't point out any differences from the scan....

Wally, what changed on 'em? (btw...u OD'ing on info is much appreciated)

wouldn't mind seeing the trainer max in that alpha trainer cw to the right of the blue pair
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

other than the black tongue being changed to white, i can't point out any differences from the scan....

Wally, what changed on 'em? (btw...u OD'ing on info is much appreciated)

wouldn't mind seeing the trainer max in that alpha trainer cw to the right of the blue pair
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom