Fast and Furious 6 - May 24th $317 Million Worldwide Opening WOWZERS

New cars in 03? I think all damns went out the window when Dom jumped across the freeway to save Letty.

:lol: :lol: Tokyo drift never had a specific time frame. iirc it's set sometime in the future, not necessarily in 03. Lets say TD is set in 2014 and they were all driving 10-20 year old cars :lol:

:lol: :lol: Tokyo drift never had a specific time frame. iirc it's set sometime in the future, not necessarily in 03. Lets say TD is set in 2014 and they were all driving 10-20 year old cars :lol:

And if it did it would be more like 06 . Since thats when the movie came out :lol:

i would def cop the DVD, speaking of movies i saw superman that joint was a tear jerk er at times but some action parts looked corny.

i would def cop the DVD, speaking of movies i saw superman that joint was a tear jerk er at times but some action parts looked corny.
MOS was a POS. felt like they hit chapter skip the way they glossed over everything :smh:

FF hasn't always out out "good" movies but they're always fun to watch. IMO they can't really go wrong

And if it did it would be more like 06 . Since thats when the movie came out :lol:

:lol: touché. Y'all were talking about 03, so I thought you were referring to TD. But yeah, there's nothing to date the movies, so they can get away with TD being in the future

Last edited:
So glad they got rid of the trash Asian cars from the first few movies. I was watching the first movie yesterday and it's amazing how garbage those cars are...Civics? Eclipses? Preludes? Who wants to watch cars that everyone on earth had back then?,And those movies desecrated the Supra, RX7, and Skyline with those ugly @#$ decals. At least now they're being tasteful, imagine if they did the same @#$% with Brian's GTR or Han's LFA :lol:

Let's not even get started with the 200hp whips with multiple NOS tanks. Pretty much admitting what POS they were

still, those movies are so bad that they're actually good. The recent films are the ones that are actually straight up fun, even with the vaults that destroyed all of Rio and the infinite runway

Last edited:
Fast 5 and 6 definitely deserve the credit they get. The franchise already had a theme and fan base, they had no reason to put in any extra effort and turn it up a notch. Broke the knob, never seen any other series do that in a good way.

I bet the directors really hate Tokyo Drift, that movie is like one giant troll in the series
Tokyo Drift was quite an outlier in the series but it had its highlights.  I loved the Skyline engine swap to the Mustang at the end.  Makes you appreciate Japanese motor engineering.  Also loved the ending with Vin Diesel getting ready to drift in that parking garage with his 1970 Plymouth GTX, haha!

From Wikipedia:

The RB26DETT motor found in the Nissan Skyline GTR, which powered the Mustang in the film, has been subject to much criticism by automotive enthusiasts. The criticism grew when it was revealed that the car itself barely had any screen time, and regular stunt Mustangs used for the drifting scenes were powered by 351cid Windsor V8 engines.[12] Hot Rod Magazine lamented the possibility that tuners might swap in Japanese motors into American cars.[12] According to SCC, one Mustang received the RB26 swap, while five other Mustangs were created for drifting purposes of which two were destroyed in the process.[13] In addition, the RB26 Mustang was shown to be faster than its V8 powered kin, with times of 0-60 in 5.38 seconds, and the quarter mile in 13.36 seconds at 109.83 MPH.[14]

I bet the directors really hate Tokyo Drift, that movie is like one giant troll in the series

Tokyo Drift was quite an outlier in the series but it had its highlights.  I loved the Skyline engine swap to the Mustang at the end.  Makes you appreciate Japanese motor engineering.  Also loved the ending with Vin Diesel getting ready to drift in that parking garage with his 1970 Plymouth GTX, haha!

From Wikipedia:
The RB26DETT motor found in the Nissan Skyline GTR, which powered the Mustang in the film, has been subject to much criticism by automotive enthusiasts. The criticism grew when it was revealed that the car itself barely had any screen time, and regular stunt Mustangs used for the drifting scenes were powered by 351cid Windsor V8 engines.[12] Hot Rod Magazine lamented the possibility that tuners might swap in Japanese motors into American cars.[12] According to SCC, one Mustang received the RB26 swap, while five other Mustangs were created for drifting purposes of which two were destroyed in the process.[13] In addition, the RB26 Mustang was shown to be faster than its V8 powered kin, with times of 0-60 in 5.38 seconds, and the quarter mile in 13.36 seconds at 109.83 MPH.[14]

:lol: dope info...

One of the GNs in FF4 was actually a 350 swapped Regal with the drivetrain reversed so the engine was in the trunk and the car could be steered with the " rear" wheels. The Driver would sit in the "backseat" making it possible to drive at very high speeds safely while making it look like the car was in reverse.

So glad they got rid of the trash Asian cars from the first few movies. I was watching the first movie yesterday and it's amazing how garbage those cars are...Civics? Eclipses? Preludes? Who wants to watch cars that everyone on earth had back then?,And those movies desecrated the Supra, RX7, and Skyline with those ugly @#$ decals. At least now they're being tasteful, imagine if they did the same @#$% with Brian's GTR or Han's LFA :lol:

You have to understand the timeframe that TFAF was released in... Pretty much the peak of the import scene and racing. Hot Import Nights, Import Show-offs, local street racing (ie. that Glendale street race where Dom beat Brian... Glendale used to be one of SoCal's main street race cities back in the day) etc.

The cars were modeled after what was hot in the streets at the time and unfortunately they were all decked on stickers, minus the huge stickers across the bodies of the cars. Windshield decals and doors or front fenders with the companies that were used to modify the cars were the norm back then. they were trying to appeal to the demographic that was actually involved in the racing scene.

I'm sure by the time they got past TD, they figured they didn't have to blow up the cars w/ decals as Dom and co. got older. Street racing wasn't/ISN'T the scene anymore now and they portrayed that as they went along in the franchise.

Besides the cars, the franchise had a fan base prior to 5 and 6 because the films were so bad they were good. I-III are all cringe worthy flicks when you really look at them. Some awful dialogue.

You have to understand the timeframe that TFAF was released in... Pretty much the peak of the import scene and racing. Hot Import Nights, Import Show-offs, local street racing (ie. that Glendale street race where Dom beat Brian... Glendale used to be one of SoCal's main street race cities back in the day) etc.

The cars were modeled after what was hot in the streets at the time and unfortunately they were all decked on stickers, minus the huge stickers across the bodies of the cars. Windshield decals and doors or front fenders with the companies that were used to modify the cars were the norm back then. they were trying to appeal to the demographic that was actually involved in the racing scene.

I'm sure by the time they got past TD, they figured they didn't have to blow up the cars w/ decals as Dom and co. got older. Street racing wasn't/ISN'T the scene anymore now and they portrayed that as they went along in the franchise.

Yep.... All the cars featured in the background that weren't a mainstay in the movies actually belonged to regular people and were real California cars piloted by their real owners. Corny as is may appear today... at the time of the movies release it was a relatively accurate portrayal of the scene.

Last edited:
Fast 5 and 6 definitely deserve the credit they get. The franchise already had a theme and fan base, they had no reason to put in any extra effort and turn it up a notch. Broke the knob, never seen any other series do that in a good way.
:lol: im still dying at that long *** runway
i hope they bring back those 2 spanish speaking dudes from 4 and 5
and lucas black i wanna see everybody back...........................except Lamborghini moss ZMMMMMMMMMM :lol:

Last edited:
and lucas black i wanna see everybody back...........................except Lamborghini moss ZMMMMMMMMMM :lol:

those two "spanish speaking dudes" are legends bruh...

but yeah they need to bring back Don and Tego....i loved them dudes...

those two "spanish speaking dudes" are legends bruh...

but yeah they need to bring back Don and Tego....i loved them dudes...
yeah i just cant remember their real and movie names

They showed part 2 on cable tv again and man, that thing was so laughable with the quotes.

Back
Top Bottom