Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

giphy.gif

Hobbs and Shaw, or Fast and Furious 2.0.

Look, I don't know how it's possible, but they took the F&F franchise and.......injected it with steroids? :lol:

I seen 8 movies of CRAZY ****, and this dwarfed all that. They did stuff that just had me cackling for no reason. I mean, no spoiler, but Rock pullin on a chain, holdin a God damn Helicopter. WUT? :rofl:

Rock family. Shaw family. The theme continues. And with that, heart. Never gonna win script Oscars or nothin, but they have heart. One liners, Nos, and heart. (And usually Coronas but not in this one.)

The cameos. :wow: (holy **** the first one blew me away) Perfect addition if he sticks...............and I think he does. Oh, I think he does..... :nerd:

The second one, meh. Giggle giggle, whatevs.

My girl from Baby Driver, Jesus Christ. :frown: She is stunning. I needed more of her. Letdown there.
Speaking of, where is Baby in this franchise? Let's get that kid already, stop delaying the inevitable.

The Mini reference!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:

Brixton :pimp: Lord hold me if he joins the fam later.

He uh.....his motorcycle......did it......was it.......trans......forming? I......naw......?

????

You could feel the filming/stunt difference. Different camera work I think. Very diff vibe.

Helen Mirren is in this universe. Helen. Mirren. In prison. This franchise. *Does Catholic Cross*. *I'm not Catholic*

Rocks mom is younger than him I think.

Shaw's sister was :pimp: After her Mission Impossible appearance and MI-6 references here, let's g'head and do that.

Get me Cruise, Cavill, John Wick, RDJ, Cap America for more Helicopter pulling, Sam L Jax, Nick Cage driving Elanor, Baby, and Robert De Niro. Put it all together. Let's not short change ourselves.

We have TEN F&F films.
A Spin-off that without a doubt will sequel, and likely trilogy. We started with sandwiches and DVD/VCR combos. Folks......

This was great. I wanted to love it more, but some of the humor was flattened. It's fun, it's fast, it has 2 mid credits and an after credit and it's awesome. I wish I could go higher, but gotta be fair. Fast Six is still thee best in the franchise. But this is very solid. Top 3-4 for sure.

11/8

I was skeptical about the spin off but they did their own thing and it worked for the most part. They had plenty of talent to use as Statham and The Rock worked well against each other and they played into that well. The action was good, definitely took advantage of the two main actors background and willingness. The mention of an old school 80s/90s action movie was pretty spot on. It felt like a Fast and Furious but also felt like they were going their own direction. It made sense a little considering these guys have actual connections to the government agencies whereas with the original series, it's taking a car mechanic and sending him on a secret mission. So shockingly it actually makes more sense.

Vanessa Kirby needs to be in everything.

Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart were surprising additions and worked. Reynolds, in particular, was a nice burst of lightness in an otherwise heavy and macho action movie. When he told Hobbs "She's ready" and handed her the folder I was dying laughing. Hart worked too and it's clear they're setting up this second family. We'll see what ends up happening with the big bad robot voice and who that might be. I already read theories that this Etheon managed to keep Han alive and I wouldn't put it past them.

The 3rd act in Samoa worked better than I expected, but I also didn't expect much at all. They needed to give Hobbs backstory that he's lacked and I understand their efforts but it dragged down the movie with the whole past family betrayal/dad stuff.

Brixton worked and I was surprised how much I liked the whole Black Superman angle/cyborg angle. He was a good villain that set up a bigger bad for their franchise.

Overall it was good, didn't reach any new highs but as an offshoot with these two characters, I'm pleasantly surprised. I am interested in how the next Fast movie will be without Hobbs and Shaw (I know The Rock said he wouldn't be in it), and also without Brian. Hobbs and Shaw brought new life into the franchise and I know they'll always bring back someone or add a new guy (skeptical on Cena), but I'll trust the franchise that always does a good job of bringing in new heights.

This movie was so, so, bad. It was extremely hard to sit through.
I love the Idris scenes of course, it was nice to see him in this type of role.
There were a few nice actions scenes, of course.
A few jokes that hit, among many that didn't, of course.

And before any of you guys start flaming me for 'taking a fast and furious movie too serious' that is not me.
I have loved EVERY Fast and Furious movie up to this point, some more than others. I even watch Tokyo Drift for fun whenever i can because i found that to be entertaining too.

I dont take these things serious, and i dont go into them expecting academy award winning writing or acting :lol:
I go in for the over-the-top action, humor, cars, women, scenic locations, etc. The same way you all do.

But this was just not a well executed film to me. It just felt like The Rock and Statham wanting to make a movie all about how bad *** they are, and how funny they are. I thought some of the roasts were funny but cmon man... 2 hours of watching them talk **** to one another meanwhile the stunts and driving scenes become more and more stupid and corny.

Idk. I know ill get flamed, i know how this thread works, i know how NT works, i know how F&F fandom works. Anyone who says anything even remotely negative about one of these movies is seen as someone with 'unrealistic' or 'unfair' expectations for these films. I really dont though. Ive seen everyone, all of them. And I've enjoyed many. Again, i just wanted fun, action, jokes, and to be entertained for 2 hours without worrying about anything serious.

But it just still...didnt deliver for me. One dude on the last page said it felt like a chore to get through, i couldn't have said it any better.
It was supposed to be a fun guilty pleasure, but i found myself just looking at my phone to see what time it was way too often.
I was so bored by the 3rd act i didnt care anymore, and that sucked because i haven't felt that way since 2F2F. I think that was the only other one i really didnt like.

The rest of them have all been fire though.
*shrug*

|l

@licensed to ball Thanks for the review my G and don't worry about the unpopular opinion. You'll get flamed if you say something in the Marvel or Stranger Things thread. Us F&F cats know what these joints are. :lol::lol::lol:

Surprised at the length of this joint, should be no more than 1hr 45 minutes at most.

Even the highly rated Mission Impossible: Fallout was way too long.

I got back from the movie theater.

Hobbs & Shaw was just okay.

The action sequences were good, which was expected because David Leitch is a great action director. The other hand, the non-action stuff was mostly miss.

The film ran a little too long should've been trimmed down, like the airplane scene, for example.

The funniest thing about this film wasn't any of the jokes, it was the idea that Deckard Shaw and his sister are supposed a few years apart in age in the film while Jason Statham is old enough to be Vanessa Kirby's father in real life. :lol:

Tyrese is such a child :lol:. What do you gain from coming out against your own franchises' spin-off film? I know he doesn't like the Rock and didn't like the idea of this movie but why damage the franchise like this? If he's making Universal choose between him and the Rock then I see Roman getting the Han treatment next movie :lol:

Go after Michelle Rodriguez or Ludacris, don't go after the biggest star in Hollywood.

Reactions: Ube
Am I the only one that actually straight up enjoyed Tokyo Drift? It wasn't perfect but I don't understand why Tokyo Drift is seen as the red-headed step child of the franchise

Man that big head protagonist was terrible in the lead role. Bow Wow acting a fool also. Han Seoul-Oh and the actual drifting were on point. With 2F2F being trash they tried a different approach. In that regard, Tokyo Drift was the original Hobbs & Shaw.

atlsfinest atlsfinest I don't think Tyrese has any beef with Michelle Rodriguez or Luda' though. Rocky Johnson literally trying to steal the franchise here. :smh::smh::smh:

All jokes aside, the F&F family could do with one less 'hacker'.

yo i dont know whats up with michelle rodriguez
but she been irritating the past few years

Michelle Rodriguez Slams Longtime Fast & Furious Writer-Producer Over 'Justice for Han' Comments
"He has absolutely nothing to do with where this narrative is or where it's going FYI."
By Adam Bankhurst
Posted: 6 Aug 2019 4:15 pm

Michelle Rodriguez, who has played Letty since 2001's The Fast and the Furious, has taken issue with longtime Fast & Furious writer/producer Chris Morgan over his "Justice for Han" comments.

Speaking to EW, Morgan discussed how he loves "Justice for Han," which refers to the death of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift's Han Seoul-Oh by Jason Staham's Deckard Shaw, and how the justice fans have been clamoring for will be forthcoming in the franchise.
“I love ‘justice for Han,’” Morgan said. “Sung Kang is a great friend, and Han is a character that I adore. I would say that the super-arc for Deckard Shaw is going to be one of the most interesting, cool, rewarding character arcs in the franchise. Justice for Han is owed. It’s something we have discussed for a very long time and want to give the right due to. I think the audience will be satisfied and should know it’s coming. There’s a line in Hobbs & Shaw that is right before the battle in Samoa where Shaw says to his sister, ‘There’s things I’ve done that I have to make amends for.’ That line was specifically written and put in there just to let everyone know that he is talking about Han — it is on his mind. It tortures him, and he’s going to get to it.”

However, Rodriguez is not too happy with Morgan's comments, saying on Twitter that she's "been around since the beginning way before Chris Morgan came along & he has absolutely nothing to do with where this narrative is or where it's going FYI."

Han, who is played by Sung Kang, became such a fan favorite that they found ways to include him in films past Tokyo Drift, including Fast & Furious, Fast Five, and Fast & Furious 6. These two comments make it unclear what the future holds for the character, and if #JusticeForHan will ever come true. What we do know, however, is that the Fast and the Furious franchise isn't going anywhere.

The man behind the death of Han, Deckard Shaw, stars in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw alongside Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Luke Hobbs, and the film hit theaters last weekend.

yo i dont know whats up with michelle rodriguez
but she been irritating the past few years

Michelle Rodriguez Slams Longtime Fast & Furious Writer-Producer Over 'Justice for Han' Comments
"He has absolutely nothing to do with where this narrative is or where it's going FYI."
By Adam Bankhurst
Posted: 6 Aug 2019 4:15 pm

Michelle Rodriguez, who has played Letty since 2001's The Fast and the Furious, has taken issue with longtime Fast & Furious writer/producer Chris Morgan over his "Justice for Han" comments.

Speaking to EW, Morgan discussed how he loves "Justice for Han," which refers to the death of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift's Han Seoul-Oh by Jason Staham's Deckard Shaw, and how the justice fans have been clamoring for will be forthcoming in the franchise.
“I love ‘justice for Han,’” Morgan said. “Sung Kang is a great friend, and Han is a character that I adore. I would say that the super-arc for Deckard Shaw is going to be one of the most interesting, cool, rewarding character arcs in the franchise. Justice for Han is owed. It’s something we have discussed for a very long time and want to give the right due to. I think the audience will be satisfied and should know it’s coming. There’s a line in Hobbs & Shaw that is right before the battle in Samoa where Shaw says to his sister, ‘There’s things I’ve done that I have to make amends for.’ That line was specifically written and put in there just to let everyone know that he is talking about Han — it is on his mind. It tortures him, and he’s going to get to it.”

However, Rodriguez is not too happy with Morgan's comments, saying on Twitter that she's "been around since the beginning way before Chris Morgan came along & he has absolutely nothing to do with where this narrative is or where it's going FYI."

Han, who is played by Sung Kang, became such a fan favorite that they found ways to include him in films past Tokyo Drift, including Fast & Furious, Fast Five, and Fast & Furious 6. These two comments make it unclear what the future holds for the character, and if #JusticeForHan will ever come true. What we do know, however, is that the Fast and the Furious franchise isn't going anywhere.

The man behind the death of Han, Deckard Shaw, stars in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw alongside Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Luke Hobbs, and the film hit theaters last weekend.

First and foremost, most people use the phrase #justiceforhan jokingly. It's meant to draw attention to how nonsensical it is for the character to go from the primary antagonist who kills a fan favorite character to good guy with a spin-off movie over the course of one movie. Justice for Han isn't meant to be taken that seriously. I don't know why Michelle felt the need to give this producer a hard time about it.

I don't understand why Tyrese and Michelle would want to bite the hand that feeds them. The majority of their IMDb pages is just Fast and furious movies. It's not like to have a whole lot else going on, just be quiet and cash those checks.

Surprised at the length of this joint, should be no more than 1hr 45 minutes at most.

Even the highly rated Mission Impossible: Fallout was way too long.
The section of the movie about him reconciling with his family in Samoa could have been cut down.

They don't mention his issues with his family or his past in any of the other movies yet all of a sudden they feel need to spend 30 minutes on it here? All the setup in Samoa could have been cut down to about 5 minutes.

Part of me thinks that that entire section was the Rocks idea though. :lol:

Last edited:
The section of the movie about him reconciling with his family in Samoa could have been cut down.

They don't mention his issues with his family or his past in any of the other movies yet all of a sudden they feel need to spend 30 minutes on it here? All the setup in Samoa could have been cut down to about 5 minutes.

Part of me thinks that that entire section was the Rocks idea though. :lol:

Of course it was. Anything having to do with Samoan culture imo is his idea

Back
Top Bottom