Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

msvfwutnodv61.jpg

What streaming service will have f&f 9?

because I imagine they won’t ONLY release this in theaters

Last 2 films made over $1B at the box office. Can't see any streaming service paying anywhere close to that - they might even delay the film.

I watched all of the mainline films for the first time a few years ago and wrote up some quick reviews on them.

I've spent the past week watching every Fast and the Furious film, for some reason. I'll just give my thoughts on each film...

The Fast and the Furious - It's basically Point Break with street racing instead of surfing.
It also looks like an early 2000s time capsule with the clothes and the music. :lol:

2 Fast 2 Furious - A movie title that rivals Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo in hilarious sequel names. :lol:
I liked when Tyrese said "Ejecto seato, cuz!" that his best line in all the of F&F films he was in.
Also, Eva Mendes was looking good. The rest of the film was trash.

Tokyo Drift - Lucas Black and his hick *** Alabama accent was the worst thing about this film. (Worse than Lil' Bow Wow.)
If it weren't for the Vin Diesel cameo at the end, you'd never know that it was a Fast and the Furious film.
On the flip side, Han was cool and Sonny Chiba as a Japanese Don Fanucci was awesome.

Fast & Furious - It felt like big budget version of the first film, more or less. It might actually be worse than Tokyo Drift.

Fast Five - The best film in the franchise and it's the only one that I would actually watch a second time.
The whole heist set-up, bringing back characters from the previous films and adding The Rock as the antagonist really gave this film a much needed dynamic.

Fast & Furious 6 - Almost as good as Fast Five.

Furious 7 -
I'll admit, I got a little emotional at the end when I realized that was it for Paul Walker. :frown:
I felt that Paul Walker (not Vin Diesel) was the heart of the franchise. His absence in 8 was a real indicator of that.
I did like how they connected Tokyo Drift to the rest of the franchise, but that doesn't make Tokyo Drift better though.
30-something Lucas Black (who looked about 45) trying to pretend to be a 17-year old with that receding hairline was hilarious.

The Fate of the Furious - Way too over the top (like Hobbs pushing over a damn torpedo). It was borderline comedy.
Scott "Son of Clint" Eastwood as the Brian stand-in wasn't doing it for me.
I also got a little tired of Vin Diesel in this one.
I know some people were mad that Shaw turned face and joined the Furious, but who really wants to keep rooting against Jason Statham? Dude's just too badass. Just look that prison break scene and the plane sequence with the baby. Now I know why Hobbs and Shaw are getting their own spin-off.

Back
Top Bottom