Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

'Fast 8' Nowhere Near Starting Line https://www.yahoo.com/?p=dnr&m=sp

Look, I know killing Paul wouldn't sit well with most, but the movie needed something to have us begging for more. I think after the tribute most of the audience felt the franchise should stop where it started, with Dom and Brian.

Controversial view alert :lol:

I did another marathon of F&F series before watching this and I really like 2F2F :lol:. I watched it when it first released and hated it but I've watched it a number of times since then (most recent not including the binge watch last week being back in December) and it slowly grew on me over the years. Yeah Verone is a HORRIBLE bad guy :smh: and yeah Brian Walker saying "cuh" isn't very cool but still it's something about the style and feel of the movie that grows on you.

I also liked TD from the day I saw it in theaters and make sure to catch it anytime its on TV :lol:

Sean is supposed to be just a high school kid. Of course, by movie 7, he sure as hell doesn't look like it lol

And Dom & company started off as petty thief street racers. I could have believed an 18 wanted to avenge his pal. :lol:

Their evolution was amazing. Petty Thief Street Racers to Gas Stealing Vigilantes to Bank Heists to Espionage :rofl:

So going forward, is it best to have a smaller team like 4 or 5 people or an extended cast like in fast 5. I say because Fast 5 was so great partly because of the ensemble, but it just seems like Letty and Roman are sooooooo damn useless in this one. Roman was funnier in this one, but that just highlights how useless he is.

feel like watching 4,5,6 then seeing 7 in theaters again this weekend 
laugh.gif

I think I am in love with Ramsey
shes bae af. might just watch GoT like Nick said haha

Why did so many people think Paul was gonna die in the movie?

My co-worker and PT were both surprised when they just *retired* his character.

Is it just me or is that a horrible thought to have? That never even crossed my mind

Man I love TD.

I don't even mind the Bow Wow scenes. I remember when it came out I assumed it would be terrible, one day it came on HBO and I was like "damn this is dope". Every since then I've learned not to bad mouth the franchise.

If anything 2f2f is the worst one and it still has its good moments.

F4 is forgettable but all the others are dope as hell.

I don't eem remember 4.

They needed to go ahead and figure out how many they want total so I know when to purchase a box set. No way im copping a 6 or 7 movie set when there's a possibility of 2-3 more.

I enjoyed the movie, but I felt the pacing and story was too "Expendable" like. I thought the writing of 5 and 6 were better than 7. Granted, the original story had to be changed due to the passing Walker, but at times it felt tacky.

The ending was sad though.

That ending where they open the vault and 'Danza Kuduro' starts
pimp.gif
THIS

Each has their own purpose but if I had to rank them..

5>6>1>7>4>2>3

I have 3 as the worst but it seems like every time it's on TV, I stop what I'm doing to watch it lol

....those are sales numbers, they measure how much fast and how much furious is in each movie title. Literally

I feel like that's the most pointless graph I've ever seen in my life.

5-7-6-4-1-2-3

5 is my favorite because its the first movie where they came together as a the team. The way I'm the movie was put together was perfect.

Rocky/LOTR/Indiana Jones and some other franchises I listed all have MULTIPLE CLASSIC movies.

As much as I love the F&F franchise, it doesn't have ONE classic movie that is a MUST see for a cinephile.

F&F doesn't have GREAT movies, just very entertaining.

I value quality as much as I value entertainment.

You can't be a top 3 franchise and not have at least multiple classic movies.

The only thing classic about Indy was ROTLA most of the films you listed have eventually toned down with its latest installments not living up to the hype, I think they became classics because it was the 80's and a lot of the stories were fresh and unique, one of a kind type of films which made them almost instantly classics, but have they managed to do any of them justice now?....NOPE....I have hopes for Terminator and Jurassic Parks.

Speaking in terms of progression and gained fan base ain't none of those franchises touching FF, the movie is not deep, acting isn't superb, but the deep rooted message it delivers is effortless and unique, they took that whole "family" aspect and perfected it out of genre you'd expected least...top that off with the tragic death of one of its main stars and such a well done classy farewell, if you are to tell yourself this last installment didn't make the franchise a classic, you are just lying to yourself for no reason, you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Only thing touching this IMO is Marvel and tbh that's not even a fair comparison because I can't consider Marvel a franchise.

Notable mentions is Mission Impossible, because imo I think each one gets a little better and Cruise can play his character in his sleep.

Starwars was a pop phenom, with technology ahead of its time, the story when you break it down is bland as hell, but it didn't take much to impress people back then and for its time it was a solid sci-fi film...can't deny its a classic and hopefully Ep7th does it justice because Ep1-3 were an abomination IMO

LOTR and Harry Potter not my cup of tea at all, the new hobbit movies are straight snoozers and I've never seen anything passed the first HP movie :lol:

Back
Top Bottom