Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

The Rock hijacking the F&F franchise is insane :lol:
giphy.gif

It’s actually not doing that well (compared to F&F movies) weeks out was expected to do 100+ US, then drop to 75+ now after first day looking like 60+ opening weekend...........

On its face, that’s a solid and promising opening weekend for a key spin-off from Universal’s crown jewel action franchise. Yes, it’s the lowest Fast & Furious opening since Fast & Furious relaunched the franchise with a $70 million debut in April of 2009, but this “extra crispy” spin-off was always expected to play a little softer than the “original recipe” installments. The only issue is that the Dwayne Johnson/Jason Statham team-up flick cost around $200 million, meaning it essentially must pull, at minimum, Fast Five numbers ($611 million in 2011) to justify itself.

was thinking of watching the matinee today but passed thinking it might be bad lol... I'll try to catch the bootleg somewhere

Saw it yesterday. Definitely a throwback to 80s and 90s action movies within plots and comedic relief like Commando. I enjoyed it, I like it the movie was self-aware enough to not take itself seriously and the comedy was hilarious. They cameos were well times and funny.

A lot of great performances, Idris Elba was a good feeling and the chemistry between Dwayne and Jason Statham was the highlight of the film. That being said, it is way over the top and nonsensical so if you're not into that type of thing this isn't the movie for you. I'll give it a solid 7.5/10

If this doesn't do well in the box office I really wonder why they didnt put the cameos in the trailers? That would've attracted their fanbase to go see it as well..

So they getting rid of tyrese or what???
He’s in ff 9

Sheesh. If FF9 is a dud they can still continue milking it with these guys.

Justin Lin is back so I'm optimistic, really did enjoy the Rock in the mainline of movies. Bet Vin and Tyrese salty as hell.

I stopped trusting rotten tomatoes a long time ago

Saw it 2 nights ago,
went from dom and Brian racing and stealing DVD players to dom picking up a car like it was a door,
To Hobbs and Shaw fighting a terminator esque robot dude

Movie was corny dog , grew up watching the rock, loved him in wwe, now his lines are just plain corny

Movie action wise was awesome. Script and talking wise was corny as all hell

Used to be excited for fast and furious movies coming up, now I’m praying they just stop lmaooooo

For anyone who HASNT SEEN IT YET :
the movie was a mix of gi joe , the terminator, and die hard

The Rock, Vin Diesel, & Jason Statham Contractually Can't Lose Fights

A report from the Wall Street Journal uncovered this surprising detail about the contracts for Johnson, Diesel and Statham, at least when it comes to their Fast & Furious franchise involvement. The report details that “according to producers and crew members on the films, Mr. Statham, 51 years old, negotiated an agreement with the studio that limits how badly he can be beaten up on screen. Mr. Diesel, 52, has his younger sister, a producer on the films, police the number of punches he takes. And Mr. Johnson, 47, enlists producers, editors and fight coordinators to help make sure he always gives as good as he gets.” As it turns out, this is to make sure that no one among them looks weaker than the rest. The idea to put empirical value on every move came from Diesel, this way he can closely monitor how hard each one of them were beaten up.

https://screenrant.com/rock-vin-diesel-jason-statham-contracts-movie-fights-lose/

The Rock, Vin Diesel, & Jason Statham Contractually Can't Lose Fights

A report from the Wall Street Journal uncovered this surprising detail about the contracts for Johnson, Diesel and Statham, at least when it comes to their Fast & Furious franchise involvement. The report details that “according to producers and crew members on the films, Mr. Statham, 51 years old, negotiated an agreement with the studio that limits how badly he can be beaten up on screen. Mr. Diesel, 52, has his younger sister, a producer on the films, police the number of punches he takes. And Mr. Johnson, 47, enlists producers, editors and fight coordinators to help make sure he always gives as good as he gets.” As it turns out, this is to make sure that no one among them looks weaker than the rest. The idea to put empirical value on every move came from Diesel, this way he can closely monitor how hard each one of them were beaten up.

https://screenrant.com/rock-vin-diesel-jason-statham-contracts-movie-fights-lose/
**** lmfaooooo lmfaooooo lmfaooooo

Bruh

It’s actually not doing that well (compared to F&F movies) weeks out was expected to do 100+ US, then drop to 75+ now after first day looking like 60+ opening weekend...........

On its face, that’s a solid and promising opening weekend for a key spin-off from Universal’s crown jewel action franchise. Yes, it’s the lowest Fast & Furious opening since Fast & Furious relaunched the franchise with a $70 million debut in April of 2009, but this “extra crispy” spin-off was always expected to play a little softer than the “original recipe” installments. The only issue is that the Dwayne Johnson/Jason Statham team-up flick cost around $200 million, meaning it essentially must pull, at minimum, Fast Five numbers ($611 million in 2011) to justify itself.

$181m opening global isnt bad considering its not open in china yet where its probably gon' make $200m

keep in mind that Rocky markets himself in china well, skyscraper has total BO of $304m and ~100m of thats in china, rampage $430m ww and $157m from china, san andreas $474m ww and $103m from china

F8 made close to $400m in china alone, F7 also at $390m... wouldnt be surprised, with the crazy action in this film, if it makes close to $300m over there and while it might sound crazy it could go up to $400m, it also inst farfetch

statham also made the meg (shark movie) that made $530m with $154m from china, hell the mechanic sequel only made $125m ww and china accounted for $50m of that :lol:

i dont think these two are gon need the "family" to sell in china

This movie was so, so, bad. It was extremely hard to sit through.
I love the Idris scenes of course, it was nice to see him in this type of role.
There were a few nice actions scenes, of course.
A few jokes that hit, among many that didn't, of course.

And before any of you guys start flaming me for 'taking a fast and furious movie too serious' that is not me.
I have loved EVERY Fast and Furious movie up to this point, some more than others. I even watch Tokyo Drift for fun whenever i can because i found that to be entertaining too.

I dont take these things serious, and i dont go into them expecting academy award winning writing or acting :lol:
I go in for the over-the-top action, humor, cars, women, scenic locations, etc. The same way you all do.

But this was just not a well executed film to me. It just felt like The Rock and Statham wanting to make a movie all about how bad *** they are, and how funny they are. I thought some of the roasts were funny but cmon man... 2 hours of watching them talk **** to one another meanwhile the stunts and driving scenes become more and more stupid and corny.

Idk. I know ill get flamed, i know how this thread works, i know how NT works, i know how F&F fandom works. Anyone who says anything even remotely negative about one of these movies is seen as someone with 'unrealistic' or 'unfair' expectations for these films. I really dont though. Ive seen everyone, all of them. And I've enjoyed many. Again, i just wanted fun, action, jokes, and to be entertained for 2 hours without worrying about anything serious.

But it just still...didnt deliver for me. One dude on the last page said it felt like a chore to get through, i couldn't have said it any better.
It was supposed to be a fun guilty pleasure, but i found myself just looking at my phone to see what time it was way too often.
I was so bored by the 3rd act i didnt care anymore, and that sucked because i haven't felt that way since 2F2F. I think that was the only other one i really didnt like.

The rest of them have all been fire though.
*shrug*

|l

Watching fast4, they really need to bring back tego, don and that girl cara

Back
Top Bottom