FAT JOE SELLS 8,000 COPIES IN 3RD WEEK (WOWWW)

none of those guys that u even listed in the nba are even sorta relevant....die
You, my friend, are the lame if that's your opinion. Robert Horry, for about 10-15 years, was VERY relevant in the playoffs. So
smh.gif
for that.

I'm not going to go through the 12 or so pages of this garbage to argue with you, but I'm pretty sure it was someone arguing FOR Fat Joanna thatbrought up the Robert Horry comparison.

Am I a Papoose fan? Not really.

Let's dead this here, the American way, since we are in America. We'll call this Fat Joke's nomination for the Hip-Hop Hall of Fame... now, how ishe gonna get in when like 6 of you dudes are voting yes, and 5 of those dudes are Ninja?

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

Fat Joe is more comparable to Dikembe/John Salley than Tree Rollins/Kevin Willis. Joe has been marginally influential in the game but instead of being a trend starter, he was more of a "riding the wave" type of dude, but he definitely was successful doing it.

He definitely has more talent than some other cats with hits (Soulja Boy etc) but wasn't nearly as talented of an ARTIST (pure skill) as anyone considered great (Jay etc).

Joe definitely has a keen eye for industry trends and knows how to write hit records. So couple those "business" smarts with just O.K. rapping skills and the Pun association and he turned it into a pretty successful 15 year rap career. Can't be mad at that.
Mutombo is goin to the Hall . . . He was a GREAT player. Fat Joe is not a great rapper by ANY stretch, and he will NEVER be one . . . The basketballanalogies don't work, if someone was as bad as Fat Joe is at rapping, in basketball he would be in the NBDL . . . Fat Joe is WACK . . . He doesn'tenjoy much success on a large scale . . . Look at someone like Cormega, who has been in the game since the early 90s, reamerged in 96 with Nas . . . He'snow on a independent making good money, but most importantly me he make VERY good music . . . And thats the thing we're forgetting. There's cats thathave been in the game longer than Joe, that don't conform to the ways of the general rap crowd that still enjoy great amount of success weather it memonitary, or through actually making good music and recieving a consitant positive response from the public (ala Masta Ace) . . . This crap about him being inthe game 15 years means absolutely nothing, you can be in the game for 1 month, if what you do is monumental you will be remembered point blank.

Being in the game doesn't qualify ANYone for respect, it never has and it never will . . . Fat Joe is incapable of making good music, and on the platformin which he performs he has consistantly had underwhelming sales and will continue to . . . Of course there have been exceptions, but for the most part Fat Joeisnt really a respected musician, and with good reason . . .

Fat Joe has ZERO influence . . . NONE at all . . . With good reason. He sucks, and he always will . . . Go back and listen to his catalog and tell me whatskill he displays . . . He's just rhyming like any oher rapper would, there is nothing monumental about ANY of his solo albums . . . With good reason, theySUCK . . . If there was a honest list of hip hop artists that are worthy of the "Legand" title, theres no way a respectable list would include FatJoe . . . NO WAY. We've gotta be honest here, he's a fat guy with a fat name, and his music has ALWAYS and will ALWAYS be wack, with the few exceptions. . .

Theres no way you can listen to his ENTIRE catalog from Represent to his newest disaster Elephant In The Restroom and not notice which albums he hadghostwriters on and which ones he tried to pen himself, its SOOOOO obvious. As a life long fan of hip hop, rappers skill level doesn't really vary to muchfor the better, you usually start out really good/good/wack and basically stay that way until you fall off . . . The main exception would be Lil Wayne, andwe've all heard the stories of him having ghost writers also . . . Rappers don't have the wine factor, skill wise a rappers first 3 albums will usallybe his lyrical peak . . . Musically it can take an artist some time to develop into a "artist" as we saw with Jay Z, but he was ALWAYS an AMAZINGlyricist, it prolly wasn't till Blueprint that he became a COMPLETE artist . . . Fat Joe will NEVER be a complete artist because he will NEVER be a lyrcist. . . He was always be an average rapper . . . Unless he hires new ghost writers I don't see that changing one bit . . . The only thing I wonder is, whenthe south fades out what will he do next?? Link back up with Mack 10 and reinvent himself as a LA Gangbanger?? Or will he just retire like I would LOVE for himto do

Starvin Harlem why you still even arguing with these dudes ? theyre clearly losing this battle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

theyre like Kobe fans tryna argue that hes better than Jordan ...
69d35c6be00e5fc4932f9fefb06bc341133e760.gif
is sad

Theres no way you can listen to his ENTIRE catalog from Represent to his newest disaster Elephant In The Restroom and not notice which albums he had ghostwriters on and which ones he tried to pen himself, its SOOOOO obvious
prove it.

. He doesn't enjoy much success on a large scale . . . Look at someone like Cormega, who has been in the game since the early 90s, reamerged in 96 with Nas . . . He's now on a independent making good money, but most importantly me he make VERY good music
cormega WISHES he was as widespread as fat joe stop it.
and fat joe's money is way longer then megamontana's....cormega is comparable to AZ.

Fat Joe is incapable of making good music

opinions of yours, which are wrong..cuz i'd straight dissmiss you from da music section if you told me you ain't like Lean back, make it rain. flowjoe, success, twinz 98, da enemy, etc.

i'm THIIIS close to scannin some of my old source stashes to discredit all this ghost writer nonsense.....

I've said this a hundred times......... His first two are very good albums. After that I can't call it.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

Fat Joe is incapable of making good music
opinions of yours, which are wrong..cuz i'd straight dissmiss you from da music section if you told me you ain't like Lean back, make it rain. flow joe, success, twinz 98, da enemy, etc.
i'm THIIIS close to scannin some of my old source stashes to discredit all this ghost writer nonsense.....

stop this please!

1) he didnt sound like pun on Don Cartagena? you think he wrote his material on "TWINZ"?

2) he didnt sound like Remy on lean back? you think he wrote that?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As far as the ghostwriting I prolly couldn't prove it 100% other than having a very good ear for music, and from over seeing young rappers I work with itsquite noticable when one receives help writing. Vocabulary and rhyme schemes are something that rarely change within artists who write all of their music, sothat's usually the first clue . . . And flow falls under that category and Joe's flow has changed a few times, and oddly enuff for the worst . . . Ithought he was as bad as it could get, but he's constantly proved me wrong with each album.

Mega has 3 albums better than ANYthing Fat Joe's ever made. As far as money I'm sure Joe has more money, but Hammer had more than Rakim . . . So thatcan easily be explained away, in most cases of hip hop those who conform to the direction of the business tend to be more successful on a financial level, butmusically Fat Joe is comparable to the likes of . . . #!** I can't think of many people THAT bad . . . He's about as skilled as Jim Jones . . . MAYBE,and Jim Jones manages to make better music than Joe IMO . . . Of course this is objectively speaking from a Harlem point of view, but You're more or less aHarlem dude too, if you will.

Lean Back - I liked it. . . He rocked the PR parade in 04
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(he actually tore down the ENTIRE True Story album, I really enjoyed that album, heshould thank his ghostwriter . . . He needs to call that kid back)
Make It Rain - AWFUL
Success - Ummm the track was coo, I could've lived without the rapping
Twinz 98 - Of course . . . Pun wrote it
Da Enemy - Track was coo . . . Would've been better WITHOUT Fat Joke

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ SendOne

I do sit ups everyday to avoid being as "widespread" as Fat Joke
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its almost impossible to NOT laugh at Fat Joe . . .

Ya i aint gonna lie his new album has no replay value, wasnt really feeling any new albums even ross wasnt all that, flo-rida was worst then joes, if anythingthe only thing bumpin as of late is Fab's gangsta grillz thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom