Fathers come in vol 7 pounds 11 oz 21 inches

For my son (who turns 2 tomorrow - he missed his delivery date by 28 minutes, born @ 12:28AM on July 16 instead of the prediction of July 15) it took 10 hours of labor; 3 days prior my wife's water was actually leaking, not "broke" but the nurses said to "go home, you'll be fine"

We ended up taking her to a large shopping mall to walk around, try to get her contractions going... My wife did not trust the nurses' info so we went to her OB/GYN doctor who said "Why the F are you NOT in the hospital, your son is losing his water"

His head was "anteriorly presented" (aka "stuck") so my wife's pushing was all for nothing even w/the epidural
frown.gif
... She was @ 10cm throughout most of it but my boy inherited my skull size... Still recall my wife saying half-joking, "It's all your fault"

Went to C-section decision ASAP after they considered using forceps. My wife was crying since she did want to go the C-section route but we had no choice... Baby had to come out somehow.
That took like what seemed like an eternity even though it was only 20-35 minutes IIRC...

To add to the anticipation I had a nurse delaying because they had trouble finding me XXL scrubs to fit over my street clothes (came straight from work)

I did not look although I was tempted to peek over the blue curtain - when he was finally pulled out I thanked my wife & went over where the doctors were checking up on my boy... I got to cut his umbilical cord (if you do it, come correct, because it'll be like cutting through tough garden hose)

That was almost 2 years now today as I type this...
smile.gif
Blessed by God for my family.

Oh yeah, forgot, how'd I pass the time? Spent the time calling & texting family & friends, fanning my wife, keeping her distracted, going for coffee, feeding her ice chips to cool her down, thanking her for everything...

GOOD LUCK & congrats man, life is changed as you know it (for the better)

Keep us updated

with my oldest son, my wife was in labor for 36 hours. BP was high, admitted her, but she just wasn't ready. ended up with a c-section.
youngest son, was a scheduled c-section, since v-bac's are tricky.
both times, the doc said, "dad, we have him halfway out, wanna peek over the curtain?"
my response was, "lemme know when he's all the way out thanks."
when my first was born I went over to cut the cord and made the mistake of looking over at my wife on the table.
literally, guts everywhere...
sick.gif
laugh.gif

didn't do that with the second..
good luck dude.

-J-

with my oldest son, my wife was in labor for 36 hours. BP was high, admitted her, but she just wasn't ready. ended up with a c-section.
youngest son, was a scheduled c-section, since v-bac's are tricky.
both times, the doc said, "dad, we have him halfway out, wanna peek over the curtain?"
my response was, "lemme know when he's all the way out thanks."
when my first was born I went over to cut the cord and made the mistake of looking over at my wife on the table.
literally, guts everywhere...
sick.gif
laugh.gif

didn't do that with the second..
good luck dude.

-J-

16 hr and still nothing

And yes my sig is always put into Affect
laugh.gif

I see everybody story is different my girl was past dude a week due date was 7-7-11 @$%$ came and went
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

they only let you go a week over before they induce so thats why we can in yesterday

Won't lie my ADHD is kicking in and this sitting and waiting stuff is killing me I just want to hold her @$%$ even touch her

Rasberry Leaf Tea can help with labor. Congrats on the baby on the way. could take awhile, my wife was like over 24hrs with our first, and then they induced labor. The others came quicker. Had the first in the hospital, the other two at home with the midwife, she had them in the bathtub and I delivered them. Congrats again on really becoming an adult, because you are not an adult, until you become a parent

On a side note, since i am a pediatrician, have to throw in the breat feeding advice. Please have mom breatfeed. DONT LET THEM GIVE FORMULA in the hospital. Her milk won't really come in for 48-72 hrs, but them she will look like she just got implants. Breast fed babies have higher IQs, less sickly, less prone to obesity AND MOM LOSES THE BABY FAT FASTER IF SHE BREAST FEEDS
smile.gif

Rasberry Leaf Tea can help with labor. Congrats on the baby on the way. could take awhile, my wife was like over 24hrs with our first, and then they induced labor. The others came quicker. Had the first in the hospital, the other two at home with the midwife, she had them in the bathtub and I delivered them. Congrats again on really becoming an adult, because you are not an adult, until you become a parent

On a side note, since i am a pediatrician, have to throw in the breat feeding advice. Please have mom breatfeed. DONT LET THEM GIVE FORMULA in the hospital. Her milk won't really come in for 48-72 hrs, but them she will look like she just got implants. Breast fed babies have higher IQs, less sickly, less prone to obesity AND MOM LOSES THE BABY FAT FASTER IF SHE BREAST FEEDS
smile.gif

16 hr and still nothing

And yes my sig is always put into Affect
laugh.gif

I see everybody story is different my girl was past dude a week due date was 7-7-11 @$%$ came and went
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

they only let you go a week over before they induce so thats why we can in yesterday

Won't lie my ADHD is kicking in and this sitting and waiting stuff is killing me I just want to hold her @$%$ even touch her

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Bolded for emphasis.

I don't get why people act like ******* weren't made for sucking... and why do people even waste their money on the artificial when the natural is free? Can someone explain that to me.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Bolded for emphasis.

I don't get why people act like ******* weren't made for sucking... and why do people even waste their money on the artificial when the natural is free? Can someone explain that to me.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

We were in and out of the delivery room both times. The only thing we really had to wait for was the doctor to show up...
eyes.gif
Dudes must get extra pay for being in the damn room at the time and touching the baby or some **!% .

Congrats btw. All you can do is wait now though.
laugh.gif
QFT. The nurses do all the work. Congrats though man. With my wife it was relatively fast, after she crowned my son popped right out. I swear you will feel like nonthing you have ever felt before when you see your child come to life, I know they are alive inside the womb but they are literally lifeless until they take that first breath. Then sir, its on and popping. Welcome to the club and congrats again.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

We were in and out of the delivery room both times. The only thing we really had to wait for was the doctor to show up...
eyes.gif
Dudes must get extra pay for being in the damn room at the time and touching the baby or some **!% .

Congrats btw. All you can do is wait now though.
laugh.gif
QFT. The nurses do all the work. Congrats though man. With my wife it was relatively fast, after she crowned my son popped right out. I swear you will feel like nonthing you have ever felt before when you see your child come to life, I know they are alive inside the womb but they are literally lifeless until they take that first breath. Then sir, its on and popping. Welcome to the club and congrats again.

10cm!!!!!!!!! She should be here soon thanks for all the stories and advice helped me get thru the waiting Part bbl after she gets here pray for us

10cm!!!!!!!!! She should be here soon thanks for all the stories and advice helped me get thru the waiting Part bbl after she gets here pray for us

Enjoy the moment man. All the reading, stories, anecdotes, advice, etc will be temporarily forgotten when you hold & cradle your newborn child in your arms.

It's one of those happy moments I've had in my life when time stopped. Big events like this, I can close my eyes & remember it all
smile.gif

Have faith & again, all the best!

Enjoy the moment man. All the reading, stories, anecdotes, advice, etc will be temporarily forgotten when you hold & cradle your newborn child in your arms.

It's one of those happy moments I've had in my life when time stopped. Big events like this, I can close my eyes & remember it all
smile.gif

Have faith & again, all the best!

Awww what an exciting time! Congrats and I hope baby and mother are healthy and I hope your girl recovers quickly.

I can't wait to have babies
frown.gif

Awww what an exciting time! Congrats and I hope baby and mother are healthy and I hope your girl recovers quickly.

I can't wait to have babies
frown.gif

luckily for me, i had the jets vs pats game on(this past jan) .......but when the game went off, the action happened
i was trippin with the dr and nurses to get some of that tension out the room...make sure your girl is comfy as can be, stay by her side
labor didnt take long for us...like 30 minutes
goodluck

luckily for me, i had the jets vs pats game on(this past jan) .......but when the game went off, the action happened
i was trippin with the dr and nurses to get some of that tension out the room...make sure your girl is comfy as can be, stay by her side
labor didnt take long for us...like 30 minutes
goodluck

Waited all them hrs and when she hit 10cm she pushed her out in 5mins I kid you not she didn't scream or cry I got me a mother @!#%+!% G
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm so proud of her and How she handled it all

Awww and yes I looked I need to hold her leg up so I had no choose but to look and what I seen made me a better person and it wasn't even that bad IMO

Now they monitoring her heart since it wasn't beating right so now we waited for them to bring her to the room

Waited all them hrs and when she hit 10cm she pushed her out in 5mins I kid you not she didn't scream or cry I got me a mother @!#%+!% G
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm so proud of her and How she handled it all

Awww and yes I looked I need to hold her leg up so I had no choose but to look and what I seen made me a better person and it wasn't even that bad IMO

Now they monitoring her heart since it wasn't beating right so now we waited for them to bring her to the room

Back
Top Bottom