FDNY/Firefighter exam preperation?

Originally Posted by ar916

60k taking the test in order to be processed u need a 90 or above

60k people taking the FDNY test? DAMN. I thought 3k+ in San Antonio was bad.

Forgot to sign up, but kinda glad I didn't now. Houston will serve me good for the next 30 years
smile.gif
. Good luck to all those who take it!

^ Nice to know we have another FF roaming the boards here on NT.

im on with Orange County, in Orlando, FL... for 2 years now

everything HOOPSboy said on the previous page is on point.
basically every department does different things for their hiring process, but the guidlines and such can usually be found on their websites.

just be in good shape, as you have to be. and dont be an idiot.

good luck to all, it truly is the greatest job in the world.

if they reconfigured the test to mimic anything like other civil service exams, its not hard at all. i've taken pd and co exams. believe my lowest grade was 92 or something of the sort
im also signed up for the upcoming fdny exam. i believe they'll be releasing a study guide next month

like many have stated, alot of the written tests for departments are common sense/practical exams

no firefighter skills at all.

ive known many guys that have failed, bc they go in over thinking, freaking out & nervous and bomb on simple, easy questions.
or they go in thinking its gonna be so simple, bc they can bench 250 and run 6 min miles.

just go in with a level head, as you should with each step, calm and confident. never cocky, or acting like a know it all.

you dont have a job yet, just an opportunity, dont be an idiot.

Giving this thread a bump after I received my examination letter in the mail today. April 11th @ 4PM.

Time to hit the books and gym harder than ever
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

So that' it? Examinations are done right?
Not sure what you mean. Do you mean sign-ups, or the actual taking of the examination? If I'm not mistaken, the written portion of the exam will begin sometime at the end of February/beginning of March.

I'm pretty sure sign-ups are closed, though.

The physical part to exam looks crazy, i heard the NYPD physical exam is much much easier then FDNY, any confirmation?

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Taking it April 12th, 4PM. Been studying from the Barron's book and Norman Hall.

i thought the written test wasn't fire related?
I heard it's like any other civil service exam. I'm still studying from it cause it since I'm planning on taking the FF exam in VA.

One of my friends is taking a class for it. His teacher said they're taking the top 6,000 scores and you should get a call within the next 4 ... years.

Took the computer based test yesterday. I think I killed it. Ill post my score when I find out.

I was looking for this thread. Back in November I posted info on the test, etc. Well, I'm currently in the fire academy (actually just finished up my full 2nd week as I type this). "Only" 20 more weeks to go 
laugh.gif

Anyone else took the test? Just got back from taking mine. The test itself is easy. Only thing that can maybe mess people's score is the experience based questions. Those strongly agree or disagree type of questions.

I've been told by everyone you need 100 to even be considered. I had three unanswered questions in a section when I ran out of time. Well there goes that.
I took civil service for FDNY-EMT (which is what I really want) in September. Hope they call me for the next class.

Back
Top Bottom