Feedback on AJ XXIII controversy from a former NIKE Basketball/Brand Jordan employee.

cwk

I worked for several categories within NIKE Basketball and Brand Jordan, and I just wanted to give an informed, rational take on the situation.

- I still have a few friends on campus, and to my knowledge, there hasn't been a definitive confirmation or denial on the authenticity of the sample picsfloating around.
- There are NT members who are in a position to clear things up if they so choose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't because this is creatingtons of free publicity.
- If Brand Jordan did actually succeed in releasing fake pics early to misdirect counterfeiters - good for them!
- It is entirely possible that a decoy shoe was circulated - you wouldn't believe how many undeveloped samples they have at their disposal.
- If there are counterfeit samples, that doesn't prove or disprove the authenticity of the pictues.
- How is anyone making judgement calls based on visual design cues like stitching, midsole shape, and colorways if they don't have the actual samples as areference?
- This is the last numbered Air Jordan, so enjoy the mystery and hype while it lasts.
happy.gif

cwkjr@hotmail.com

interesting, but:

It is entirely possible that a decoy shoe was circulated - you wouldn't believe how many undeveloped samples they have at their disposal.

I dont really believe they would throw us off that much... I mean RD is so close...

CWK wrote:
- There are NT members who are in a position to clear things up if they so choose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't because this is creating tons of free publicity.

NikeTalk is a VERY small sliver of JB's target market. This aint pub.

^^^
WELL OF COURSE.... BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS SHOE IN GENERAL. AND IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT... PUT NIKETALK AND ISS AND NIKESB OR ANYOTHER BAORD AND ADD THENUMBERS UP YOU WELL HAVE A PRETTY BIG SHINY PENNY. AND BTW I AM SPEAKING JUST ON THE SIGNATURE SHOE. NO JUMPMAN SHOE OR RETRO SHOE....

See, everybody forgets. How can you make a good judgement when you haven't held the shoes in your hands yet?
Seeing is believing. So please until they drop, wait to form your solid opinion

It is entirely possible that a decoy shoe was circulated - you wouldn't believe how many undeveloped samples they have at their disposal.
Unfortunately, you are greatly overestimating JBs abilities at being clever or straight up caring about fakes or the public. 99% of potentialbuyers of the XX3 are not accessing NikeTalk and thus haven't seen any of the fake photos, or that original scan. The counterfeit shoes have too manyintricate details for fake producers to come up with on their own, let alone details that could be taken from samples which are routinely quite different thanthe final product yet devoid of the "luxury" little details.

The shoes we've been seeing are what the XX3 will look like. I'll bet about 2 dollars on it.

next year will be the 20th anniversary to another pop culture icon: "Don't Believe the HYPE" - Public Enemy

what, did you forget already?

im pretty sure these are it, but im thinking these are early samples. im sure the final product will look different from the pictures that were leaked

im really hoping that none of these pics are finals cuz forreal they are kinda slacking. some say "oh its hot" or "they are sick" but Ireally dont have the ooh and ahhh appeal yet. You know how u felt when u saw the Space jams, the stealth 20's, the true blue 3's, the breds 13'sand so forth. For this to be the last numbered pair its kinda slacking and for the price? c'mon JB can do better, Tinker please dont let me down...

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

i would be amazed if that was a decoy and the Actual XXIII sig shoe was a completely different model
doubt that happens, like seriously. but like you said id be amazed too

I worked for several categories within NIKE Basketball and Brand Jordan, and I just wanted to give an informed, rational take on the situation.

- I still have a few friends on campus, and to my knowledge, there hasn't been a definitive confirmation or denial on the authenticity of the sample pics floating around.
- There are NT members who are in a position to clear things up if they so choose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't because this is creating tons of free publicity.
- If Brand Jordan did actually succeed in releasing fake pics early to misdirect counterfeiters - good for them!
- It is entirely possible that a decoy shoe was circulated - you wouldn't believe how many undeveloped samples they have at their disposal.
- If there are counterfeit samples, that doesn't prove or disprove the authenticity of the pictues.
- How is anyone making judgement calls based on visual design cues like stitching, midsole shape, and colorways if they don't have the actual samples as a reference?
- This is the last numbered Air Jordan, so enjoy the mystery and hype while it lasts.
Nice to know that you worked @ Nike. But what is the purpose of your post? I can't really see any feedback - just questions that you appearto be posing to yourself. Can you please clarify?

Back
Top Bottom