Feelings on Chi McBried's insight

For the first week, Nick from the SC Team and I chopped it up…check it out! Peace and hairgrease!

What do you think about the current state of Jordan Brand?
I think that the current state of JB is turning a corner and headed in the right direction. With Mark Smith at the helm as Head of Creative Global Design,I've got a really good feeling about JB's future. Recently I chopped it up with the guys on Smitty's team over lunch here in LA, and shared mythoughts with them over just about, verbatim, these same questions. As far as what I'm feelin', I like the things dropping that tell a story, like the60+ and the upcoming flu game XII. MJ's legacy is, I believe, in the stories of his many accomplishments and like New York, dude has 8 million stories.

What have you liked from them and what are you excited about that's upcoming?
The 60+ is a good look, and adaptable to many colorways. Adam Parkinson, head of lifestyle apparel, and I talked about introducing Flight themed gear, WWIIstyled bomber jackets, bags, boots, etc., crafted with high end, superb quality, luxury materials. I think they're headed in the right direction as wellwith some really hot Lifestyle gear starting this fall and winter. Among other things, a Spiz'ike boot, which is fire.

Has there been anything lately that's disappointed you?
As for disappointments, I was really real with them about the one thing I am absolutely NOT feeling : Air Force 1/Jordan Fusions. Though I could go on and onabout how much I'm not feelin' 'em, I'll sum it up in one word: STOP! But overall, I think the ship is righting itself and the future is by NOmeans grim. Plus, there's a release coming up real soon that the heads are REALLY gonna dig. I cant say what it is, but I'll give up a l'ilhint…Nike Air…Nike Air…NIke Air…That's my State of the Union on JB!

Hmmmm...not they got me kind of curious about future releases. This could lead to big things
pimp.gif

If it's true, only one pair comes to mind for NA.....the white cement III's. Makes sense, since it hasn't re-released since 03.

White Cements would look horrid with the netting, regardless of NA or not.

they could end up f'ing this up and do this
THE NIKE AIR PACK: retro III and retro IV both white/cement!

Originally Posted by Shoebacca

What does Chi McBried have to do with JB?

ive always wanted to know this, why does he have so many connects/exclusives etc, whats his link to the brand??????

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by Shoebacca

What does Chi McBried have to do with JB?

ive always wanted to know this, why does he have so many connects/exclusives etc, whats his link to the brand??????

I think he is just a huge sneakerhead. His being famous has given him the opportunity to meet and associate with the folks at Nike/JB that make the decisions.

never really understood the hype of having nike on the back of the shoe opposed to the jumpman. all my 1st pairs of j's growing up had the nike andhonestly, i like the jumpman way better.

i'm into j's because they are jordans, not because they are nikes.

Back
Top Bottom