FEMALE NTers.. serious QUESTION

Originally Posted by EB14

Originally Posted by Her Sole

EB14 wrote:

Originally Posted by Her Sole

Girls can definitely have best friends that are guys... It's guys on the other hand that have a hard time being friends with a girl and not crossing the line.
i dont like you at all. you have this bad habit of making ******ed statements quite frequently, you should probably go get that checked out
Awww, are you mad? lol...

Apparently your best friend didnt let you smash.... YOUR MADDDD!
roll.gif
i generally like most female NTers, but you are the exception.

everytime somebody responds to you, the only thing you say back is
Awww, are you mad? lol...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hey look i can do it too.

you mad doggie
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

see its not that difficult. just next time try thinking before you post.

it really improves not only the quality of your own replies, but the quality of the thread also.

or

you could just not post at all, which would also make NT a much better place.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i posted those bcuz its something you can understand

I just think its funny that I'M the one that you decide to pick on, when my response was the same, pretty much as everyone else's on the thread.

Originally Posted by Vidasman

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

there was a thread like this about a week ago.

And the answer is yes.

Not everything has to be about a relationship

YES FAM I know it was a thread in a sense similar to this one, but I didnt really get much of an explanation to the answers on those.. so im askin you POLITELY to elaborate your answer for me if you will. Given how I just said if a woman likes talking to a guy friend alot, via texting, emailing or what have you, then lets say they work together spending that time or doing lil lunches or dinners together here and there.. would you agree then that its just a good friendship and not always about a relationship?? maybe im not making myself clear, SORRY for that, or maybe im not giving it full detail but your answers and explanations on them are greatly appreciated my Friends..

It's very much possible to have a great friendship with someone of the opposite sex without developing that deeper emotional bond. My guy best friend hasbeen there thru thick and thin for years and we've never once had the urge or want to be more. Maybe it's because he had a crush on me before we becamebest friends (we used to work together too) but I wasn't interested in him like that. We've actually laughed about how weird it would be to have sexwith each other and we were pretty grossed out, probably because he's considered family than a friend.

Originally Posted by NEXTEL CUP

EB did the 'Canes run through Jayde yet? That was a big victory for them
im sure you thought that would be something that might hurt my pride.

but back to your question, it wouldnt surprise me if they did, ole girl be fiending for the D game

Her Sole i have to disagree with you, not every guy has a hard time being friends without crossing the line, i have two boys that been friends with somechicks. They probably did think about smashing just casue we are guys but neva did they have a temptation of getting some action.

I think it definitely depends on the two people involved. I have a male best friend and he's getting married next spring. I couldn't be happier forhim. We've been friends since we were kids so the 'connection' for us has always been on the sibling level. One of my other friends got way tooinvolved with her best guy friend and in the end, it ended badly. So, I think it definitely depends on the two people and their understanding on boundaries.

my best friend is a guy. weve been buddies for almost 5 years now... yes, its entirely possible. weve never crossed any lines, nor do we plan on it.

Originally Posted by lovemysole

Originally Posted by Vidasman

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

And the answer is yes.

YES FAM I know it was a thread in a sense similar to this one, but I didnt really get much of an explanation to the answers on those.. so im askin you POLITELY to elaborate your answer for me if you will. Given how I just said if a woman likes talking to a guy friend alot, via texting, emailing or what have you, then lets say they work together spending that time or doing lil lunches or dinners together here and there.. would you agree then that its just a good friendship and not always about a relationship?? maybe im not making myself clear, SORRY for that, or maybe im not giving it full detail but your answers and explanations on them are greatly appreciated my Friends..

It's very much possible to have a great friendship with someone of the opposite sex without developing that deeper emotional bond. My guy best friend has been there thru thick and thin for years and we've never once had the urge or want to be more. Maybe it's because he had a crush on me before we became best friends (we used to work together too) but I wasn't interested in him like that. We've actually laughed about how weird it would be to have sex with each other and we were pretty grossed out, probably because he's considered family than a friend.

I see some great maturity in here based on the topic. YEAH at times us men tend to get over jealous, tooprotective and our INSECURITIES will cause us to over react. Maybe because us men have it all differently from women. See I valuea womans perspective because im trying to understand to woman counterpart more. I have had many female friends who were close to me but THEY tended to havestronger feelings for me down the road. The girl I know works with the best friend, she talks to him all day n night and like I said they do the meeting up eator hang out type of thing but this girl tells people that she just got out of a very long relationship with her babys dad and that RIGHT NOW she doesnt want arelationship with anyone because she works 2 jobs, has school and children.. BUT I find that hard to believe because of the amount of time they talk throughoutthe day, the time they spend obviously at work because they work together but the fact that she will go and visit him on her days off and such...So I guess Imnot understanding women here because I guess normally an average male would get suspicious and make assumptions, SAFE TO SAY??? So I ask you WOMEN NTers thatis it all possible for a woman to do all these lil signs here and there and still just be that guys Best Friend??? dontknock me please for just wanting to know more about women, give me that CREDIT at least for making an attemp to try and learn.. thank youall

Originally Posted by DJ bana

my best friend is a guy. weve been buddies for almost 5 years now... yes, its entirely possible. weve never crossed any lines, nor do we plan on it.

Exactly

I had one in high school, we never crossed the line but lost touch after high school.

I never thought of him any other way. So yes it can be done.

Originally Posted by MrsLight

I had one in high school, we never crossed the line but lost touch after high school.

Same here.

On the other hand...I've never had a close guy friend who I was physically attracted to. If I did and I wasn't single I would be able to control myselfthough.

Vidasman wrote:
Originally Posted by lovemysole

Vidasman wrote:
Whateversclever wrote:

And the answer is yes.

It's very much possible to have a great friendship with someone of the opposite sex without developing that deeper emotional bond. My guy best friend has been there thru thick and thin for years and we've never once had the urge or want to be more. Maybe it's because he had a crush on me before we became best friends (we used to work together too) but I wasn't interested in him like that. We've actually laughed about how weird it would be to have sex with each other and we were pretty grossed out, probably because he's considered family than a friend.

I see some great maturity in here based on the topic. YEAH at times us men tend to get over jealous, too protective and our INSECURITIES will cause us to over react. Maybe because us men have it all differently from women. See I value a womans perspective because im trying to understand to woman counterpart more. I have had many female friends who were close to me but THEY tended to have stronger feelings for me down the road. The girl I know works with the best friend, she talks to him all day n night and like I said they do the meeting up eat or hang out type of thing but this girl tells people that she just got out of a very long relationship with her babys dad and that RIGHT NOW she doesnt want a relationship with anyone because she works 2 jobs, has school and children.. BUT I find that hard to believe because of the amount of time they talk throughout the day, the time they spend obviously at work because they work together but the fact that she will go and visit him on her days off and such...So I guess Im not understanding women here because I guess normally an average male would get suspicious and make assumptions, SAFE TO SAY??? So I ask you WOMEN NTers that is it all possible for a woman to do all these lil signs here and there and still just be that guys Best Friend??? dont knock me please for just wanting to know more about women, give me that CREDIT at least for making an attemp to try and learn.. thank you all
Yes, it's safe to say why you would assume that there is more to the situation at hand. That situation that you described is a very specificone and it is very possible that it's all platonic. Maybe that friend of hers has been there before the ex and he is her confidant and she can knows thatshe can definitely lean and rely on him for anything. Especially if she just got out of a relationship with her baby's daddy, she's going to need astrong support system and he's it!

You also have to take into consideration of whether or not there is an attraction. I've dated a best friend before but I didn't have an attraction forhim until later on the road when one of my really good friends tried to play him and that *@%! made me mad. Only then did I realize that there was somethingmore and it was reciprocated but, my guy best friend now -- I'm not attracted to and that plays a role on keeping it in the friend zone.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Same here.

On the other hand...I've never had a close guy friend who I was physically attracted to. If I did and I wasn't single I would be able to control myself though.
how do you know though. you said yourself that you've never had a close guy friend who you were physically attracted to. so you really have noidea what you would do if you were in a situation where you had a boyfriend, but also had a close guy friend who you were physically attracted to

the female friends i have are family,gay, or theyre just not my type

most guys that are friends with females tried to holla at them at one point, but where friendzoned

and im not talking about casaul friends, im talking about ima tell you my deepest darkest secrets type friends

Same here.

On the other hand...I've never had a close guy friend who I was physically attracted to. If I did and I wasn't single I would be able to control myself though.
how do you know though. you said yourself that you've never had a close guy friend who you were physically attracted to. so you really have no idea what you would do if you were in a situation where you had a boyfriend, but also had a close guy friend who you were physically attracted to
Here's how I know..

I've been in a relationships..and while in the relationship.. a guy or two that I use to really be in to would try to get with me.
I mean..I really liked these guys when I was single but was too shy..and all of a sudden when I'm dating somebody else they want to tell me they liked metoo.

I could have hooked up with them easily, but I didn't. I know a lot of people say they'd never cheat..but really I couldn't bring myself to do it.
tired.gif

Same here.

how do you know though. you said yourself that you've never had a close guy friend who you were physically attracted to. so you really have no idea what you would do if you were in a situation where you had a boyfriend, but also had a close guy friend who you were physically attracted to
Here's how I know..

I've been in a relationships..and while in the relationship.. a guy or two that I use to really be in to would try to get with me.
I mean..I really liked these guys when I was single but was too shy..and all of a sudden when I'm dating somebody else they want to tell me they liked me too.

I could have hooked up with them easily, but I didn't. I know a lot of people say they'd never cheat..but really I couldn't bring myself to do it.
tired.gif
the situation you just told me has nothing to do with the situation that this thread is addressing.

Back
Top Bottom