|| FIFA 17 Thread || Release Date-- Sept. 27 || Demo is out

This game is stupid. I just turn it off I don't even bother no more. I have my own players blocking my shots on goal in the box. Finally get a 3 on 1 break away I happen to get tackled by my own player. One more thing that really bothers me. I play defense well and tackle well ect ...... But in all my losses some how every time i make great tackles the ball magically lands to the opponents wide open man for the score. Even on consecutive tackles.

Last edited:
If you're doing wack just go watch some tutorials, new FIFA games are weird and you have to do specific things to assist/score/increase your chances for making successful tackles/interceptions

Last edited:
in FUT , how do i use the coach/physio cards? i can see it in my list of items i own but dont know where to apply, tia

in FUT , how do i use the coach/physio cards? i can see it in my list of items i own but dont know where to apply, tia

You dont really use them per se. When you apply a training card with them in your club you get that percentage boost

One thing I really hate though... Is when a delay happens after I try to pass the ball(mostly a bad touch or nudged off the ball) I cant cancel it with R2 and L2 anymore :smh:

You dont really use them per se. When you apply a training card with them in your club you get that percentage boost

so as long as i have them , its enough? if i use the right training/injury cards their bonuses will work?

so as long as i have them , its enough? if i use the right training/injury cards their bonuses will work?

Yup. Also I think silver coaches only work with silver training/injury cards. I may be wrong though

Last edited:
the scripting in The Journey has reached ungodly levels. It's not just about the striker on your team getting injured and you get subbed in but the defense easily falling apart around you. I joined Palace and when they signed the striker it literally was all too convenient. Thinking about making Hunter as negative as possible to see the will script me to be great still. if  All I can say is that the rival team of your team is a huge pick too. I went and made my own Pro in the old fifa way.

other then that the online is pretty cool. I don't mess with FUT so I can't help you there. Pro clubs is my **** tho

the scripting in The Journey has reached ungodly levels. It's not just about the striker on your team getting injured and you get subbed in but the defense easily falling apart around you. I joined Palace and when they signed the striker it literally was all too convenient. Thinking about making Hunter as negative as possible to see the will script me to be great still. if  All I can say is that the rival team of your team is a huge pick too. I went and made my own Pro in the old fifa way.

other then that the online is pretty cool. I don't mess with FUT so I can't help you there. Pro clubs is my **** tho

Yeah its all scripted. If you do too poorly it asks you to restart the week or a certain part of the story, because you need to do better to progress.

On another note, I think Pro Clubs progression is way too easy/fast. I'm already a 91 RF and people were 93 ST after the first day.

Still getting adjusted to the new FIFA but I have been enjoying the experience of it so far.

It's really a better game all around.

Not sure who I want to manage this year

It is.
I started one w Arsenal and signed Lacazette. They need to patch the injury's tho. I'll prolly have to adjust the sliders until then.

Not feeling Chelsea or Arsenals kits this year so I more than likely won't do a career with either of them. United has some decent kits compared to last year but that career is too easy, also PSG got boring to manage also. The new squad Paris has might be fn to play with tho.

I'm thinking about going Barca or going with some crazyy lower tier team. Those randoms have some of the best looking kits, and I might try to build a team with one of those struggle transfer budgets.

Maybe Dortmund would be fun to play with.

If you're into sliders, the new Fifa 17 OS sliders are out, I gave them a try but I don't know if I'm completely feeling them yet. Worth a shot though.

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders - Set #2 - 10/1/16

Here is Set #2. Worked on it all night, it was "found" while streaming last night with a couple guys on Twitch. Nothing but positive. Yes, need to work on getting the foul count back up, but man, it's playing great.

Word of caution: This is a set that is geared around trying to make the game more start and stop. Not in the terms of fouls, but in the terms of attention to defending, and what kind of reactions that results in. Teams will play the way they are designed, which means offensively and defensively.

The fact that we can get such a variety in this though, is really making me love FIFA 17 more.

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed

Sliders(Hum/CPU)
Sprint Speed: 50/50
- Started at 52, but physicality stopped. With a tighter set up, it's important to make sure physicality remains intact. This seemed to have helped, although jogging animation does show up - but in later parts of the match, and not consistently enough to warrant a change.

Acceleration: 49/49 - evened out, if bursting occurs, try 49/50. Under 50 accel feels much more controlled though.

Shot Error: 52/52 - With a tighter set up, there are less chances, so this is key in getting more shots on frame, and from distance due to the HLW combo.

Pass Error: 60/60 - What a difference 2 pts make. Players will be forced to perform under pressure. Bad passes are punished, and passes into space are back.

Shot Speed:50/50 - no change

Pass Speed: 45/45 - increased this because the ball needs to move a bit more crisp. Paired up wtih the higher pass error, and it works nicely.

Injury Frequency: 50/50 *leaving these alone for now* needs some research

Injury Severity: 50/50 *leaving these alone for now* needs some research

GK Ability: 45/45 - no change from Set 1.

Marking: 78/78 - no change from Set 1. Still the best balance of zone and man marking.

Run Frequency: 5/5 - still a good mix of runs off the ball, but not always running away from the ball carrier. More checking to, even from the midfielders.

Line Height: 65/68 - anything below 60 and it's just too passive. It invites pressure, and the defenders turn their backs, chasing players around the box. This also allows the back line to help in the attack much more. Also, taking a bit of a page out of Set D from FIFA 16 Sliders we did with the height discrepancy. This actually pushes the CPU a tad further up, squeezes them a bit more closer, so there is still a player in front of their players, and vice versa.

Line Length: 40/40 - Biggest difference, but biggest impact. This brings everyone closer, as expected, but doesn't nullify variety in the slightest. This makes players check to the ball even more, and have their backs face goal due to the marking.

Line Width: 70/70 - Key in keeping the shape intact. The midfield is where I saw Set 1 start to lose its grasp on realism. It was so easy for the CPU to glide in and make 1 or 2 passes, and be deep into the defensive third already. This evened out width, in combo with the other line settings, puts alot more emphasis in creativity and defensive responsibilities - without running around like maniacs.

Fullback Positioning: 60/60 - as length and run frequency decrease, FB positioning has to do its part to overlap the runs. The FBs do not overtake the midfielder either - which is one of the great things about FIFA 17 this year. This also keeps the FBs more in touch on transition.

First Touch Control: 65/65 - no change from Set 1

Prime, I always throughout the years have loved doing careers with Villarreal. Swagging in the all yellow kits :pimp:

Last edited:
I think I'll do a Villarreal campaign. They always lowball me with offers, I gotta see what budget their working with :lol:

I went balls to the wall and picked a terrible team. last FIFA was the first time I did a career with a decent team (Milan). This time it's Red Star FC in second div France. starting budget of 3mil. I'm playing the game for a whole year so I'm going all out. no billionaire money or anything. bring on the struggles!

I went balls to the wall and picked a terrible team. last FIFA was the first time I did a career with a decent team (Milan). This time it's Red Star FC in second div France. starting budget of 3mil. I'm playing the game for a whole year so I'm going all out. no billionaire money or anything. bring on the struggles!

I haven't done a CM in a long time, but I once did one with Crystal Palace before any recent promotion to the Prem. It was based solely on their jerseys/name/logo a few years back. It was rewarding to win the Prem eventually because it's super competitive. But I don't think I would have gotten nearly the same satisfaction winning Ligue 1 which has just one great team currently. I did luck out with Palace though (Moses, Clyne, etc.) and to be fair it was a player manager (the best offline FIFA mode which needs to be brought back.) Good luck though :D

All you play on Giroud? (World class difficulty?)

Last edited:
Not feeling Chelsea or Arsenals kits this year so I more than likely won't do a career with either of them. United has some decent kits compared to last year but that career is too easy, also PSG got boring to manage also. The new squad Paris has might be fn to play with tho.

I'm thinking about going Barca or going with some crazyy lower tier team. Those randoms have some of the best looking kits, and I might try to build a team with one of those struggle transfer budgets.

Maybe Dortmund would be fun to play with.

If you're into sliders, the new Fifa 17 OS sliders are out, I gave them a try but I don't know if I'm completely feeling them yet. Worth a shot though.

Ive never really messed with sliders, but i'll look into doing this!

lol yea I play on Giroud(pause) as well :smokin

Back
Top Bottom