Filipino Culture Thread

Junemar closer to shaq’s dominance than AD tbh

I feel you and June Mar has a perimeter game, too. Him and Greg Slaughter have become dominant centers over the years, but June Mar edges Greg cuz of overall play and less injuries. Sucks they both belong to San Miguel teams.

Ginebra and San Miguel are STACKED!

Anyway, my niece (orange skirt) performed "Tinikling" during their school's International Day last Friday. So proud of her and the rest of her friends for appreciating and sharing our culture with others. Her dance partner sang a Tagalog love song afterwards.

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

BONUS: my bro convincing some of our African brothers to eat our delicious homemade rendition of Jolly Spaghetti. They came back for more and ended up finishing the whole tray :pimp:
IMG_0759.JPG

Had Indian, Ethiopian, Nigerian, Portuguese, Algerian, Italian, Puerto Rican, Moroccan, and Korean foods/pastries. I loved it cuz all the foods I tasted were homemade and the parents were courteous to explain how delicacies were made. It was great overall! :pimp:

Weird that people had to be convinced to eat spaghetti. That’s usually what people are most familiar with.

Weird that people had to be convinced to eat spaghetti. That’s usually what people are most familiar with.

Judging from experience, seeing the hot dogs by people unfamiliar with it is usually where the hesitation comes from. Once they get over that and get a taste though, it’s a wrap and a new addict is born:lol:

I'm not a fan of filpino spaghetti. I like it more european style. Even my mom doesn't cook her spaghetti the filipino way.

*edit

Actually I take it back. She does a hybrid sometimes where the texture of the pasta and the sauce is more european style but she keeps the hot dogs lol

My black friend from ATL loves his jollibee spaghetti and spicy chickenjoy i dont even mess with their spaghetti like that

sinigang is awesome

The best sinigang I've ever tasted in my life was by one of my friend's mom, many years ago. We don't hang out at his house at all these days so I haven't tasted his mom's sinigang in forever.

1BE112F7-928A-4FCA-A704-9CB4C5170556.jpeg

Sinigang for dinner tonight (and tomorrow night)

Imma pull up real quick, pare! :pimp:

Yeah, whether it's Filipino or Italian spaghetti, I'm totally down for both. My childhood was all about Jolly spaghetti (even the struggle McDonald's variant) and it def reminds me of home. It may not be not be how exactly its made but it's all good.

Went to every booth at the event and just took all the food that piqued my interest. Nigerian booth had like version of lumpia but w/o carrots nor veg, just all meat and it was GOOD!

Good thing I don't have food allergies :lol:

If I could only eat one filipino dish for the rest of my life it would be my uncle's kare kare

Y'all don't even know man. I'm sure you guys have had kare kare but you've never had my man's kare kare

Whenever I visit he knows I love his kare kare, he'll cook two trays... One tray for everybody and one tray for me... I don't eat it all in one sitting but I'll eat it day and night and finish it in a few days lol

I remember rooting for Japeth Aguilar to make it to an NBA team. Bummed that he didn't make the cut for the Warriors' D-League team.

Adobo, crispy pata, sisig, lechon kawali, pancit, lumpia, and paksiw na lechon are my top 7. I don't even wanna rank more than that because I can't.

I like stuff with sauces and vegetables
Bonus if u can use bagoong with it

Puchero
Kare kare
Sinegang
Nilaga
Pinakbet
Kaldaretta
Paksiw

I've had so much damb adobo and lechon in my life lol.

Reactions: Ube
Actually made some adobo for dinner tonight.

Turned out good. Just wish I had more soup.

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom