Filipino Culture Thread

Didn't know you got some Pinoy in you, E everysingletime :pimp:

IMG_0698.GIF

Gimme a rotation of Kare-Kare, Sinigang, Adobo, Tinola, and a coffin (5 years tops) :lol:

Kare-kare is one of the foods that isn't usually cooked but when it's being made and served, booooiiiiiiiiiii it's about to be a race to the dining table to get first dibs on the meat and veg.

I have ended up with the tripe many times cuz of my #WASHED self :smh:

Got any good spot in Queens? I was there earlier this week but and the two Filipino spots I wanted to eat at were either closed on Mondays or close early at 9pm:smh:

Naw, E everysingletime is a Queens boy though. :nerd:
To be honest I rarely get Filipino food when I go out to eat since I have it so often with my family.

How does jollibees fried chicken compare to Popeyes or KFC etc

Popeyes>Jollibee>>KFC

Jollibee is pretty pricey too. That gravy hits that spot sometimes though.

Naw, E everysingletime is a Queens boy though. :nerd:
To be honest I rarely get Filipino food when I go out to eat since I have it so often with my family.

Popeyes>Jollibee>>KFC

Jollibee is pretty pricey too. That gravy hits that spot sometimes though.
Tbh I'm mostly tired of filipino food... I eat it like less than 0.000000001 percent of the time I eat.

I know some of you are from the tri state area, so you might know what I'm talking about, when I say
I grew up on the exact same block as phil-am, like three houses down.... I lived in that tall red brick apartment building.

anyone eat at ugly kitchen in NY? I was thinking of going there with the FAM since they visiting from LA... if you went there how was it?

Had a Halo-Halo from Jollibee yesterday. Killed it on the drive home lol

Idk if they have it here (prolly in CA) but Chowking makes one of the best fast food-esque halo-halo. Jollibee here might have taken the idea and serve it here since they own Chowking.

Any Filipino-densed places here in America that serve Bacolod chicken?

^ even in real life it doesnt look appetizing... this is why its not very popular compared to other asian food... some things i will never eat like balut or dinuguan... but a lot of the food does taste good despite the looks... you go to a filipino party and see lechon and like damn a roast pig :sick: but that thing is bangin :pimp:

^ even in real life it doesnt look appetizing... this is why its not very popular compared to other asian food... some things i will never eat like balut or dinuguan... but a lot of the food does taste good despite the looks... you go to a filipino party and see lechon and like damn a roast pig :sick: but that thing is bangin :pimp:

Ain’t that the truth. My wife didn’t know anybody filipino when we first met and once we started throwing parties together, nobody was really touching the small filipino food I’d try to bring. The usual Filipino party food of Pancit, Shanghai Lumpia, and BBQ’s on a stick. Hell, we used to order lechon as a skimpy “5 pound order” and that was just so I can have something for my family who came.

Fast forward to now and we need multiple trays of those same foods above just to keep all the fiends satisfied. We always order the 50+ lbs whole lechons and the whole thing goes before the skin even has a chance to lose its crispyness.

That's a lot of food! For some reason I never liked lechon. Idk why but I'm more satisfied with either grilled liempo or lechon kawali "moderately."

But that's true, though. Some people are particular with their food choices. I don't blame 'em. I guess we Pinoys are blessed to be raised around REAL food and be able to appreciate all kinds of dishes from different countries without being picky.

Asian food culture tho > ________ :lol::pimp:

I remember back in HS, I brought my friends back from a bball game and my mom made them dried Adobo chicken wings (of course my mom made one with sabaw) and THEY WENT IN ON IT. So everytime we had get-togethers, I brought Adobo wings. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom