Filipino Culture Thread

Just made pancit bihon last night and it was :smokin . I gotta step my cooking Filipino food game up. I’ve got like 6 dishes that I know by heart. They’re not at the level I want them to be , but the more I make the dishes I’ll learn to perfect it. I need to learn to make other dishes but at times I don’t remember how my mom used to make it. I should’ve paid more attention back in the day :smh: :lol: . Who taught you how to cook?

Miss-Philippines-Miss-Universe-Catriona-Gray-Pics-784x441.jpg
I'm pretty sure this is missing someone in between or a little before 2015

AB Journalism, ‘13

Congratulations BTW!

Ah nice. And thanks man! Studying for the USMLE board exam has been destroying my spirit since I came back home lol

Gloria Diaz is still as gorgeous as ever. And her daughter looks just like her.

:blush::evil:

BTW, what are you guys cooking/eating for Christmas?
I'm in charge of all the cooking for my family's party this year, so I'm gonna make pancit, molo soup, leche flan cake, fruit salad, spaghetti, fried chicken, barbeque liempo, chop suey, and prime rib. Already ordered a caramel cake from Sunflower Bakery.

Hah we got the almost same menu at our house. Moms got the molo wontons already in the freezer, prime rib will be purchased and ham will be reserved at honeybaked this week. Sister will make leche flan probably and I’ll contribute with ghiradelli brownie mix :lol:

Jollibee has full ownership of Smashburger. Depending on where you live, you may or not know what Smashburger is lol

Smashburger is not really on the same tier as Shake Shack and other chains, but to me it's kinda impressive that a filipino company is making moves like that in the US.

Jollibee has full ownership of Smashburger. Depending on where you live, you may or not know what Smashburger is lol

Smashburger is not really on the same tier as Shake Shack and other chains, but to me it's kinda impressive that a filipino company is making moves like that in the US.
Had no idea. Too bad I don't like Smashburger.

My brother went to Canada a few weeks ago and brought back some Jolly Spaghetti with Chicken Joy, and boy... it was all gone before dinner time :pimp:

Reactions: fx2
I ordered the palabok meal from Jollibee about two weeks ago. 3/8.

How spicy is their spicy chicken?

Their spicy chicken is not that spicy, but it’s BOMB.
It’s not pobre anymore. Now it’s actually in the marinade and breading, like Popeyes.
My boyfriend and I were very happy children :lol:

i just wanna chime in to say i love Filipino food & culture

my lil cousin is half Filipino and i had a good friend whos mom opened up her kitchen and house to all of us 24/7 .

she would make sure every one of us was fed when we would link up to pregame in his frontyard , and late night after we got back to the city from partying -
didn't matter the time or how ****ed up or belligerent we were , she held us down

siopao for days

I got a 2 pc spicy chicken with 2 rice and a drink for $11 last week. **** was good though.

Exactly my point. That kinda meal should be no more than $5-6 but hey if they're making money, what do I know?:lol:

My girl went to Canada last month, they wait out in the cold and line up EARLY to get that jollibee bucket. Wild to me since I live in SoCal :lol:

My only knock with Jollibee is it's expensive as hell for what you get. Can't even imagine paying Canadian prices for these things, no matter how good they are.

I agree, especially in Canada. In the Philippines, you can get a two-piece chicken with a drink and the proverbial "extra rice" for like $3-4 :rofl: :pimp:

For someone who lives in Boston and has limited access to Filipino dishes (other than those we make), I'll take whatever I can get :lol:

I’ve only been to the jolibee that opened in queens once. Not worth it to drive all the way there. Plus I remember not liking the oil they fry the chicken in, I think coconut oil.

My only knock with Jollibee is it's expensive as hell for what you get. Can't even imagine paying Canadian prices for these things, no matter how good they are.
Filipino restaurants in general are extremely expensive especially considering the portion sizes

As a fat guy and a Trini (home of the world's best tasting KFC) I felt obligated to have some Jolibee when I walked past the new Times Sq location last week. I had the ck & fries, it was good. A solid 8 out of 10 on the fried chicken meter.
The placed was packed, it was like 60 Pinos then me and the security guard were the only non-Pino folks in there.

sidenote- any Jolibee and Kaws fans should check out the sick tee joel2sleep did

People still go to Smashburger? :lol:

Personally I hope they turn at least half of those Smasburger places into Jollibees and sell the remaining stores off.........Smashburger ain't worth it with Shake Shack, Five Guys, and In-and-Out around the US.

Back
Top Bottom