Filipino Culture Thread

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

20181224_154811.jpg

20181224_154841.jpg
i gotta post up my lobster lumpia one day
ive never seen it with shrimp before

Last edited:
Man, my mom-in-law just made pancit to eat at midnight. So good.

Merry Christmas everyone! In-laws are keeping me up with a fresh batch of pancit and their FaceTime calls to the Philippines.

I got a house in Luzon City, really because its easier to get the shoes I want out that way, they be having some exclusive **** and its not too far from japan where I can conduct business. When I built my first two-story house, just learning how to live life in the real world, my bm at the time was a filipina, so our daughter is pinay

I got a house in Luzon City, really because its easier to get the shoes I want out that way, they be having some exclusive **** and its not too far from japan where I can conduct business. When I built my first two-story house, just learning how to live life in the real world, my bm at the time was a filipina, so our daughter is pinay
SoggyUglyEider-size_restricted.gif

Mom-in-law made kare kare last night. Ate so much through out the day, I only had one bowl of it. Smh.

Yo you mind sharing your liempo and wing recipe? They are looking amazing.
Liempo:
- however much pork belly you want, but make sure it’s sliced like 1/4 inches thin
- 1 cup regular soy sauce
- 3/4 cup banana ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 10 garlic cloves
- black pepper to taste
- 2 lemongrass of the stalks, chopped thinly
Blend all the marinade ingredients in a blender/food processor until smooth. Place enough marinade to just barely coat the meat. I marinated my meat for 4 days. Store the rest of the marinade for basting.
On the day of cooking, boil your marinade in a saucepan until thickened. I cooked my meat on top of a long stove griddle — heat it under high heat until almost smoking for best char. Grill for like 3 minutes on the first side, then flip to other side. Baste each piece of meat with the marinating by using a basting brush. Flip again and baste that side too. Then basically flip and baste until the meat is tender. You most likely won’t use all the basting sauce.

Wings
Brine:
- however much wings you want to cook
- 2 cans viet chicken broth
- black pepper and garlic powder to taste
I bribed my chicken for two days.

Breading:
Cornstarch & just a little bit of salt and pepper (so it won’t be too salty). I just breaded the chicken with the cornstarch mixture and fried until cooked at 350 degrees.

Seasoning (I put this in a shaker so it’s so much easier):
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp msg
After each piece cooks, sprinkle as much seasoning as you want on the wings

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I’m gonna try that this nye.

Yo btw I just got a air fryer for Christmas and I’ve been thinking I’m gonna use it to try to make crispy pata in it. Anyone have any tips on using an air fryer/making crispy pata?

Does everyone know how to play mahjong ?

I don't know how but I'm gonna ask my parents to teach me while I'm home for vacation.

Does everyone know how to play mahjong ?

I don't know how but I'm gonna ask my parents to teach me while I'm home for vacation.

I come from a family of gamblers and mahjong is the game of choice, many late nights in the garage with lolo titas and my folks lol.

If you know how to play pusoy dos it’s similar to that, you make combinations of tiles until your entire hand is combos.

Oh wow! Congrats, benzilla427 benzilla427 ! How’s the accuracy on these DNA tests? Been skeptical since ads keep popping up on some TV programs.

LOL at that “Luzon City” from the earlier posts :lol:

Oh wow! Congrats, benzilla427 benzilla427 ! How’s the accuracy on these DNA tests? Been skeptical since ads keep popping up on some TV programs.

LOL at that “Luzon City” from the earlier posts :lol:

Not sure how accurate it is, but the numbers add up. I wasn't aware of any mix in my family. My maternal grandmother is Bicolana and my paternal grandfather was Manileno. My maternal grandmother is Kapampangan and I'm not sure what my maternal grandfather was.

Also, these are my sister's results; I'm not sure how much mine would differ but I don't imagine it'd be much.

My great grandfather from my dad's side is from Spain.

My great grandmother on my mom's side is Chinese (I think)

I'd really like to take a DNA test too.

Back
Top Bottom