34jammw.jpg

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

Why Nipsey not on the list?
smh.gif
nerd.gif

Homie is a solid B+

pimp.gif
Yeah he does ...

And Drake deserves an F- for dumbing down his lyrics and affiliating himself with Young Money.

I mean Nipsey is cool and I gotta show love to my West Coast brother but what do yall see him doing this past year? I mean Hu$$le in the House was craccin butthat *@** didnt get no steam not even in LA. Jay Electronica has a bigger buzz (and that aint saying much)

Wale's grade should be higher than Curren$y. Bobby Ray grade should be below Cudi, equal or below Wale. & Drake wasn't on the cover w/ the rest ofthem so he shouldn't be mentioned (OP probably did that)
:::edit::: Nipsey wasn't on that XXL cover either so whatcha tombout?!.

No one should get a A- or better but Cudi and Drake..

Charles Hamilton: expelled.. (I mean I know dude is a !%%% and I hate him personally. But dude deserves a D+ at worst C+ at best

Asher Roth should get a C (only off of I love College..)

Wale should get a B/B-

First and foremost cudi should have been the highest on their, i respect b.o.b but motm was one of the best if not the best album this year imo.
Second, Wale should have been way higher up he dropped one of the dopest albums this year.
Third, Asher got too high of a grade his album was solid and all but thers no way hes higher than wale. Beautiful Bliss> Ashers whole album. And thats nothate either its just truth.
And last spitta's grade is where it should be dood is very talented and put out a solid album this year.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

http://smokingsection.upr...grades-xxl-class-of-2009

B.O.B.: A
Kid CuDi: A-
Wale: C+
Asher Roth: B-
Curren$y: B+
Mickey Factz: C
Ace Hood: C
Cory Gunz: D
Blu: D
Charles Hamilton: Expelled
Drake: A+

laugh.gif
list is pure thrash.

Why these people adding Drake when he wasnt even on the cover?
Wale, Asher, and Cudi are the only ones who dropped an album on a major so they get Cs for that, Plus Cudi and Wales were dope, Wale should get a B, Cudi an A.Ace Hood should be the one who dropped out, Blu and Mickey should get probation or something, they went missing up until recently. Cory Gunz...he still makingmusic? Hamiltons back, and I like his new stuff.

Blue is the most talented on that list by far lyrically, so since they mentioned that and still gave dude a "D" rating, i guess its cool

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Yea wale getting a C+ is asinine...
He has the best album out of everyone on the list...

whoa whoa whoa...

MOTM >

Agree to disagree... But man on the moon is a close second...

Its a mixtape but So Far So Gone drops deuces on Wale.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Everybody forgot about Below the Heavens?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by carL0Wm3yng

best mixtape in 10 years
now thats just stupid...

best mixtape in 10 years

Oh @%%* I forgot about below the heavens
laugh.gif
... Alright...that's the best album...followed by wale's joint then cudi...

Drake was not included on the Freshmen list. Don't blame "the list," blame XXL
laugh.gif

Personally, I felt like Wale deserved a better grade (B-) but I was one voice. As good as his album was to me personally, it had it's flaws that can'tbe ignored critically. I still feel like he's the one with the best shot @ a long career.

CuDi - Album of the year. Not just for the new guys, but he challenged everybody. I've said it hundreds of times: MoTM = What 808's... aimed to be orshould have been.

B.o.B. - Again, one voice, but even w/o an album, he was doing what the rest of these cats really weren't and that's out touring everywhere, doingshows (putting on a live show @ that) and securing a fanbase. Not to mention that his mixtape was excellent, the endorsements he landed...he did a lot of"good" things that you have to give credit to him and his team for. Of all the new guys, he and Drake seem to have a grasp of how to turn a dollarout of this industry instead of being pure internet hype.

I won't go into the rest but somewhere you have to be able to separate internet from reality. I love Spitta to thedeath and that man knows it himself b/c we speak. But if you're evaluating progress and the traditional idea of "success," his was moderate (butit's growing). He's just now getting up on his own and gaining recognition with the general public. If you want to help change that, buy the albums when they drop. That's the only way you're going to give any ofthese artists a chance @ a viable career. Think of it as voting. You didn't vote? Then don't complain about not hearing who/what you want to hear on TVand the radio.

Originally Posted by johngotty

CuDi - Album of the year. Not just for the new guys, but he challenged everybody. I've said it hundreds of times: MoTM = What 808's... aimed to be or should have been.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Drake was not included on the Freshmen list. Don't blame "the list," blame XXL
laugh.gif

Personally, I felt like Wale deserved a better grade (B-) but I was one voice. As good as his album was to me personally, it had it's flaws that can't be ignored critically. I still feel like he's the one with the best shot @ a long career.

CuDi - Album of the year. Not just for the new guys, but he challenged everybody. I've said it hundreds of times: MoTM = What 808's... aimed to be or should have been.

B.o.B. - Again, one voice, but even w/o an album, he was doing what the rest of these cats really weren't and that's out touring everywhere, doing shows (putting on a live show @ that) and securing a fanbase. Not to mention that his mixtape was excellent, the endorsements he landed...he did a lot of "good" things that you have to give credit to him and his team for. Of all the new guys, he and Drake seem to have a grasp of how to turn a dollar out of this industry instead of being pure internet hype.

I won't go into the rest but somewhere you have to be able to separate internet from reality. I love Spitta to the death and that man knows it himself b/c we speak. But if you're evaluating progress and the traditional idea of "success," his was moderate (but it's growing). He's just now getting up on his own and gaining recognition with the general public. If you want to help change that, buy the albums when they drop. That's the only way you're going to give any of these artists a chance @ a viable career. Think of it as voting. You didn't vote? Then don't complain about not hearing who/what you want to hear on TV and the radio.

this man speask the truth

best mixtape in 10 years
Did you just call BTH a mixtape? or was that about SFG?

Either way you'd be wrong.

best mixtape in 10 years

Oh @%%* I forgot about below the heavens
laugh.gif
... Alright...that's the best album...followed by wale's joint then cudi...
i was bout to say! below the heavens was easily the best album dropped.

Back
Top Bottom