Final: Pistons (18-7) Celtics (20-3) Billups Sells the Fake!

NobleKane wrote:
roll.gif
@ anybody that doesnt think that was a foulf. they been calling that for YEARS....
Don't you hate flopping? Because they've been calling flops incorrectly for years, too.

Just because they've been calling it doesn't mean they've been right.

That's the whole point of the argument; that it shouldn't have been called, because that shouldn't be called, because it's robbing from thegame of basketball.

It would be nice to see Jason Kidd wearing the Kelly green. But I don't think he'll go to a division rival

Garnett --- Pierce --- Allen --- Kidd

eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

can they still get GP, he said before that he would go to a contender. and the celts are def. a big contender.

^ I kind of thought that, too. I definitely wouldn't call it jealousy, like, "Man, eff Ray Allen's little hot streak right now. I could be keepingus in the game if I got chances.
frown.gif
" But I would call it something like, "Ray's nice and I'm glad he's done his thing this game, buty'all better not forget about me. Let me get that last shot, Coach."

Great play by Chauncey Billups. I can't believe everyone is complaining about that call; Tony Allen was out of control, and even if Chauncey didn'tlean in there would have been contact.

Nevertheless, Paul Pierce has made very questionable decisions in two of the three Celtics losses this season. There's no way he should have had the lastshot in this game...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

NobleKane wrote:
roll.gif
@ anybody that doesnt think that was a foulf. they been calling that for YEARS....
Don't you hate flopping? Because they've been calling flops incorrectly for years, too.

That's the whole point of the argument; that it shouldn't have been called, because that shouldn't be called, because it's robbing from the game of basketball.

no, he faked him out. do you want to take away pump fakes as well?

dude shouldnt have jumped into him.

flopping has only been bad for the last few years.... throughout the 80's and 90's, it was rare to have a charge call in a game. you would be lucky toget 1 charge call...

speaking of ticky tack - reminds me of Stu Lantz, when Jordan Farmar commited a flagrant, "back in the old days, that wouldn't even have been afoul!"....

Yeah bad loss, i do not like how they put Allen on him. I wish they had put Ray on him instead.

It was evident that Billups wanted to shoot.

and SMH @ people complaining at how it ended. Billups just straight schooled dude, and he didn'tt really have to force the lean cause Tony Allen already broke the plane on his jump, automatic call regardless of the time.
Exactly.

There are times, numerous at that, that players get bailed out on someone jumping into them...but that wasn't one of them. I gaurantee that would'vebeen called a foul in any era, in any league in the world.

Pierce probably threw it up with around 2.5 seconds left. Way too much time. Even if he HAD made it, it still gives them time to tie it.

It was legit like 4 seconds, at LEAST 3.5. They inbounded with 5.1, he stepped in, stepped back and fired. I know he can make that shot with his eyes closed,but he needs to set it up. Get a pick(part of what were paying KG 22 million dollars for), play with the defender a little ala Stephen Jackson, something.

NobleKane wrote:
roll.gif

That's the whole point of the argument; that it shouldn't have been called, because that shouldn't be called, because it's robbing from the game of basketball.
NobleKane wrote:
no, he faked him out. do you want to take away pump fakes as well?

dude shouldnt have jumped into him.

Exactly.

Like you said: dude shouldnt have jumped into him.

That's exactly my point.

Dude Billups shouldnt have jumped into him Allen.

Did anybody see how Anthony Carter used the pumpfake today? That's basketball, using the fake to elude or fool the defensive player, not as a license tojump abnormally forward into him. Iverson had a terrible one tonight too when he couldn't get passed Aaron Brooks

^ Heck yeah, I saw it.

And when the shot went through, I immediately thought back to Chauncey. And the first thought that crossed my mind? "Exactly. THAT'S how you doit."

See, Chauncey relied on the refs.

Anthony relied on HIMSELF.

That's what's up.

And Bonzi jumped at Anthony Carter MORE than Tony Allen jumped at Chauncey, but Anthony paid no mind to Bonzi. Carter went after the basket, not the ref.

^
AC representing UH out there
pimp.gif

The bottom line is that Pierce is the go to player on the team. It's his team. I don't think KG has a problem with that. Pierce has hit more big shotsthan either of them, I have no problem with him being the man on the Cs.

Tony Allen did NOT jump into Billups.

He simply jumped, and Billups jumped into the mid-air Allen.

And THAT is the problem I have.

I don't fault Tony for jumping. I fault Billups for jumping into an airborne Allen, the refs for falling for it, and the league for not doing anything about it.

Bottom line: there's nothing wrong with jumping to block a shot, as long as you're not jumping into the player. When the offensive player sees that maybe yu're going to jump into him and maybe you're not, and he decides to jump into the defender to be SURE that there's contact, there's a problem.
rck2sactown wrote:
you sure SKA?

it certainly didnt seem like he jumped straight up....it was more like up and in to, to contest/block the shot
Positive.

I didn't say Allen jumped straight up.

But if Billups would have taken a NORMAL jump shot, Allen would not have fouled him.

Billups knows that, and that's why he jumped into Allen's line of flight.

Allen jumped forward, but not into Billups. Billups should have jumped up, but not into Allen.

ya i get what you're saying...Billups knew he got Allen committed already and decided to milk the refs.

Back
Top Bottom