Finally a licensed pharmacist!

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by scshift

im confused as to what pharmacists actually do...are they making pills in the back or just bottling drugs according to whats said on the label?

They don't make the pills, those are made at the pharmaceutical factories. I think they sort and issue prescriptions?
If thats really all they do then I could have done that with a middle school diploma

SMH you're an idiot.

Congrats OP. Currently in my 2nd year of Med School and I despise pharmacology
laugh.gif
so much, much props to you.

im confused as to what pharmacists actually do...are they making pills in the back or just bottling drugs according to whats said on the label?

They don't make the pills, those are made at the pharmaceutical factories. I think they sort and issue prescriptions?
If thats really all they do then I could have done that with a middle school diploma
You guys are thinking of Pharmacy technicians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacy_technician

Well you could, if that's all you do. But that's what pharmacy technicians do. And usually you don't need to go to college to become a pharmacy technician. 

Well you could, if that's all you do. But that's what pharmacy technicians do. And usually you don't need to go to college to become a pharmacy technician. 

Congrats Tmac 
pimp.gif

I've got a couple more years before I'm in your shoes. Though I'm not sure if I should pursue a residency...going to wait until rotations to determine that.

With that being said, did you ever consider doing a residency? 

Originally Posted by djuzi05

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif
It's a harder and longer road for you man, but I'm sure once you are licensed, you'll be ready to go.
When I had my hospital rotations, it was so dope interacting with the medical residents and UCSF med students. I had a few great times with some med girls 
roll.gif
. oh the memories. now to the real world.

anyone need any advice regarding pharmacy, just let me know. i'll be glad to help people out who want to make something out of themselves.

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif
It's a harder and longer road for you man, but I'm sure once you are licensed, you'll be ready to go.
When I had my hospital rotations, it was so dope interacting with the medical residents and UCSF med students. I had a few great times with some med girls 
roll.gif
. oh the memories. now to the real world.

anyone need any advice regarding pharmacy, just let me know. i'll be glad to help people out who want to make something out of themselves.

Congrats Tmac 
pimp.gif

I've got a couple more years before I'm in your shoes. Though I'm not sure if I should pursue a residency...going to wait until rotations to determine that.

Congrats OP.

I work at a pharmacy myself, but doing stock work and deliveries 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
. If I was remotely good with numbers and the field of (I guess you would call it) medical science, I would really consider becoming a pharmacist. My bosses (father and son) make great money because they own the store. They also franchised two Johnny Rockets out in Long Island, NY.

It's got to be annoying dealing with the customers who do nothing but complain about their insurance as to why they have to pay what they have to pay and why the Co-Pay isn't lower. The worst part is, at least in my pharmacy, these people are the ones who have plenty of money to spare.

Congrats OP.

I work at a pharmacy myself, but doing stock work and deliveries 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
. If I was remotely good with numbers and the field of (I guess you would call it) medical science, I would really consider becoming a pharmacist. My bosses (father and son) make great money because they own the store. They also franchised two Johnny Rockets out in Long Island, NY.

It's got to be annoying dealing with the customers who do nothing but complain about their insurance as to why they have to pay what they have to pay and why the Co-Pay isn't lower. The worst part is, at least in my pharmacy, these people are the ones who have plenty of money to spare.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Congrats Tmac 
pimp.gif

I did, as UCSF emphasized that a ton. But I had to think of my mom first and foremost. Residency only paid 40-50k, and you're not guaranteed a job of where you want since the market is so saturated in california. I had to take a sure thing, be close to home, and make money off the bat so I can take care of my mom first and foremost.
If I didn't have any family obligations, most likely I would have pursued a residency b/c I did enjoy my rotations, and the doctors at UCSF do appreciate what you do a ton since they don't really focus on the medications and their side effects/interactions/doses and things like that. 

But what school u go to?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Congrats Tmac 
pimp.gif

I did, as UCSF emphasized that a ton. But I had to think of my mom first and foremost. Residency only paid 40-50k, and you're not guaranteed a job of where you want since the market is so saturated in california. I had to take a sure thing, be close to home, and make money off the bat so I can take care of my mom first and foremost.
If I didn't have any family obligations, most likely I would have pursued a residency b/c I did enjoy my rotations, and the doctors at UCSF do appreciate what you do a ton since they don't really focus on the medications and their side effects/interactions/doses and things like that. 

But what school u go to?

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif
word, call me a name instead of giving an explanation...thank you also for posting that you're in med school since so many people were asking

Oh, wait.

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif
word, call me a name instead of giving an explanation...thank you also for posting that you're in med school since so many people were asking

Oh, wait.

Good job Nyk Buc! You will be seeing a lot of money coming your way. Nice to see there are still folks out there putting there family first. I always wanted to pursue pharmacy major in college but always had trouble in chem and bio.

Good job Nyk Buc! You will be seeing a lot of money coming your way. Nice to see there are still folks out there putting there family first. I always wanted to pursue pharmacy major in college but always had trouble in chem and bio.

congrats man...ima a pharmacy tech....it gets hard at times but you never stop learning thats why i did it....

congrats man...ima a pharmacy tech....it gets hard at times but you never stop learning thats why i did it....

Congrats OP.

Moving back to SoCal you say? My oxycontin and hydrocodone/ibufrofen prescription needs to be refilled but I "misplaced" *cough cough my prescription. Help a brotha out?

kidding

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

Oh, wait.
Pharmacology is an area of the curriculum most med students HATE, and while most med students only have to deal with it for the equivalent of a semester or two, pharm students delve much deeper into it. Thats why he brought up being in med school.
Youre on the internet, you could have googled what a pharmacist does and kept your misinformed comments to yourself. Responding to someone's explanation to your question with something as insightful as "If thats really all they do then I could have done that with a middle school diploma" doesnt exactly portray you as someone thats worth explaining the difference between a tech and a PharmD to.

Congrats OP.

Moving back to SoCal you say? My oxycontin and hydrocodone/ibufrofen prescription needs to be refilled but I "misplaced" *cough cough my prescription. Help a brotha out?

kidding

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

Oh, wait.
Pharmacology is an area of the curriculum most med students HATE, and while most med students only have to deal with it for the equivalent of a semester or two, pharm students delve much deeper into it. Thats why he brought up being in med school.
Youre on the internet, you could have googled what a pharmacist does and kept your misinformed comments to yourself. Responding to someone's explanation to your question with something as insightful as "If thats really all they do then I could have done that with a middle school diploma" doesnt exactly portray you as someone thats worth explaining the difference between a tech and a PharmD to.

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

Oh, wait.
moneymike88, you coming off as a DB. Instead of congratulating OP, you're trying to belittle the man. Oh wait... Hater. Next time try google for pharmacist job description......

Pharmacists are practitioners of the profession of Pharmacy, the field of health sciences focusing on safe and effective medication use. Pharmacists undergo exhaustive drug therapy training to understand precise biochemical mechanisms of action of drugs, drug uses and therapeutic roles, side effects, potential interactions, and monitoring parameters. This is mated to detailed education in anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Professional interpretation and communication of this specialized knowledge to patients, physicians, and other health care providers are vital functions which pharmacists provide, and are central to the provision of safe and effective drug therapy.

SMH you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

Oh, wait.
moneymike88, you coming off as a DB. Instead of congratulating OP, you're trying to belittle the man. Oh wait... Hater. Next time try google for pharmacist job description......

Pharmacists are practitioners of the profession of Pharmacy, the field of health sciences focusing on safe and effective medication use. Pharmacists undergo exhaustive drug therapy training to understand precise biochemical mechanisms of action of drugs, drug uses and therapeutic roles, side effects, potential interactions, and monitoring parameters. This is mated to detailed education in anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Professional interpretation and communication of this specialized knowledge to patients, physicians, and other health care providers are vital functions which pharmacists provide, and are central to the provision of safe and effective drug therapy.

Congrats!! I have a few friends in pharmacy school now.. and I got three more years until I get the Dr. before my name.. I wish my field had those sort of starting salaries
frown.gif
, I'm in veterinary medicine..

Edit: I take Pharmacology this upcoming semester, not looking forward to it..
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom