Finally a licensed pharmacist!

Congrats!! I have a few friends in pharmacy school now.. and I got three more years until I get the Dr. before my name.. I wish my field had those sort of starting salaries
frown.gif
, I'm in veterinary medicine..

Edit: I take Pharmacology this upcoming semester, not looking forward to it..
sick.gif

Good job. Your hard work has paid off.

Out of curiosity, what kind of schooling did you go through? Whats the process? Ive met a few licensed pharmacist in the past but never got around to ask...

Out of curiosity, what kind of schooling did you go through? Whats the process? Ive met a few licensed pharmacist in the past but never got around to ask...

Originally Posted by MHT214

Depending on what pharmacy school, you can do the required pre-reqs without getting a degree and apply to get in. Some schools may require a degree before hand. 
Pharmacy school is typically a 4 year program with an option of post-graduate training ala doing a 'residency' which could be anywhere from another 1-2 years. 

Originally Posted by MHT214

Depending on what pharmacy school, you can do the required pre-reqs without getting a degree and apply to get in. Some schools may require a degree before hand. 
Pharmacy school is typically a 4 year program with an option of post-graduate training ala doing a 'residency' which could be anywhere from another 1-2 years. 

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by cruzair13

OP going to be making big money.
Congratulations man.
What school did you go to for pharmacy?
went to UCSF man. went there b/c of cheaper tuition than most, and wanted to live in SF for a lil bit. now back to socal haha.

My brother works at UCSF, you might've met him haha.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by cruzair13

OP going to be making big money.
Congratulations man.
What school did you go to for pharmacy?
went to UCSF man. went there b/c of cheaper tuition than most, and wanted to live in SF for a lil bit. now back to socal haha.

My brother works at UCSF, you might've met him haha.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Congrats I wish you the best of luck. How old are you ?

turning 26 this september.

for schooling, went to UCSD for undergrad. got my BS in biochem in 4 yrs. then went to UCSF for pharm school for 4 years. so the typical route to any healthcare job (MD, pharm D, DDS, opt).

again, it's all about putting in the work (and school is actually fun if you don't just hit the books all the time, and enjoy life), be motivated, and just be humble. In America, you can do whatever you want if u put your mind to it.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Congrats I wish you the best of luck. How old are you ?

turning 26 this september.

for schooling, went to UCSD for undergrad. got my BS in biochem in 4 yrs. then went to UCSF for pharm school for 4 years. so the typical route to any healthcare job (MD, pharm D, DDS, opt).

again, it's all about putting in the work (and school is actually fun if you don't just hit the books all the time, and enjoy life), be motivated, and just be humble. In America, you can do whatever you want if u put your mind to it.

Congrats my man !!!!! It feels like just yesterday I graduated from pharm school but it was 6 years ago lol. I'll give you some advice, if you are already good with money management or have a plan then obviously ignore it. I know you want to get a new ride but if you have a working car don't waste your money on a brand new car just yet. Instead save up for about 6 months ( go hard on the ot son ) and get urself ( or moms duke ) a house. A car will only depreciate in value, a house is a good investment and a tax break ( trust me you'll need it now ). Going from making average pay to 6 figures it can be tempting to splurge but keep an even keel and don't go on shopping sprees on your off days ( at least not often lol)

Congrats my man !!!!! It feels like just yesterday I graduated from pharm school but it was 6 years ago lol. I'll give you some advice, if you are already good with money management or have a plan then obviously ignore it. I know you want to get a new ride but if you have a working car don't waste your money on a brand new car just yet. Instead save up for about 6 months ( go hard on the ot son ) and get urself ( or moms duke ) a house. A car will only depreciate in value, a house is a good investment and a tax break ( trust me you'll need it now ). Going from making average pay to 6 figures it can be tempting to splurge but keep an even keel and don't go on shopping sprees on your off days ( at least not often lol)

congrats! i'd be lying if i said i knew what becoming a pharmacist entails, but i'm sure you feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment!

congrats! i'd be lying if i said i knew what becoming a pharmacist entails, but i'm sure you feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment!

Congrats.

But how come almost every Pharm. I've ever asked a question to about medicine(s) over the years,
they shrug & give me the I don't know, I don't care or I'm way too busy...?

And if lucky enough to be honored with a response, explainations usually go no deeper than one's own quick independant research.

Just don't turn into a D-Bag like a lot of em I've experienced. No matter how many people ask you the same question
100 times.

Congrats.

But how come almost every Pharm. I've ever asked a question to about medicine(s) over the years,
they shrug & give me the I don't know, I don't care or I'm way too busy...?

And if lucky enough to be honored with a response, explainations usually go no deeper than one's own quick independant research.

Just don't turn into a D-Bag like a lot of em I've experienced. No matter how many people ask you the same question
100 times.

OP gonna be flowing in cash, one of the mist cash profitable carreers out there, congrats OP...is great to see young people with ambition and motivation....take notes NT, take notes!

OP gonna be flowing in cash, one of the mist cash profitable carreers out there, congrats OP...is great to see young people with ambition and motivation....take notes NT, take notes!

Back
Top Bottom